Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Friday, June 13 - I'm back!

Hey gang! I'm back from Branson, Missouri and jumped in here as quick as I could to check on all my buddies.

Me and mom had a great time in Branson. It really is a very family oriented place. Everyone is so friendly and nice and it is definitely a tourist town with lots and lots of things to do. We saw 7 shows while we were there and they were AWESOME! I loved that. We also did a lot of window shopping (and a little bit of buying) at a couple of outlet malls during the day. It was a lot of fun, but I really did miss all 3 of my guys and was glad to get back home and get back to MY bed.

Believe it or not, all my guys survived without me LOL and everything was fine while I was gone. Apparently they did a mass cleaning before I got home, because everything was picked up, beds were made, clothes were done and floors were swept. I was so surprised and glad!

Of course, we ate way too much on the trip. We ate out twice a day and had snacks whenever we came across something good (which was often) so I ate way more then I'm use to. I've decided I'm not gonna get on my scale and upset myself, I'm just gonna try to eat a bunch of veggies and grilled meat for a week or two and then check out the scale.

The Ozark Mountains are beautiful and the weather was so much more comfortable up there then it is here in Louisiana. It sure was a nice place to visit!!!

The only bad thing about the trip was that I got to really see how my mother's age is catching up with her. It's hard to see her getting feeble and showing her age but I know that is the way that it goes in life. I'm just more concerned about her then I was already. Sure wish I could talk her into giving up smoking but she won't even consider it. Oh well, enough of that.

I hope that everybody is doing well - I'm anxious to catch up on the posts and check up on everybody.

hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #2  

Angry Cathyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Gald to see you are back and that you had such a good time.....I am glad that you got away.......you deserve it!

I am glad to see you are back!

How is everyone surviving friday the 13th? All is well here....Hubby is going away for a week on a golf trip so it will be a nice quiet week while he is away.

I am having everyone here for supper on Fathers Day.

It is so beautiful here.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll check in later.

Eliz
Old 06-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #3  

Hi Cathy & Liz

Cathy I am glad you had a great time in Branson.

Liz....I had forgotten that it is Friday the 13th....so far everything is okay.

DH, Charlie & I arrived in Victoria, B.C. on Wednesday....we drove....it took about 13 1/2 hours. There was a 2 hour ferry ride....the dog was quite nervous on the ferry. That day was a long day.

Yesterday was our DD-in law's 30th birthday....oh to be 30 again!!! DS,DD-inlaw, DH & I went to the Keg for dinner....we had either prime rib or steak for dinner. The restaurant was packed. With the Mad Cow scare.....people are still eating beef.

There are so many things to worry about....West Nile, SARS, Monkey Pox & Mad cow disease....one doesn't know what to do....anyway my steak was good. We haven't been to the Keg for more than 2 years.

Victoria seems to be windy most of the time....it is cloudy today.....everything looks green.

My DS is quite computer literate.....he set up my email like it is at home. He also set up the instant messenger so I can talk to my sister Elaine back east in Ontario....that was nice.

Well....I think I am rambling here....p.s.....I am feeling good these days.

April
Closed Thread