Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #1  

Default Quick 250 Calorie Meal Ideas

Just looking for some quick lunch and dinner ideas. Tasty and easy to fix! If you have some that work for you please share! Thanks (in advance)

Here's one

Deli honey whole wheat flats, 2 oz tuna fixed with 2 teasp reduced fat mayo & onion and celery, cheese Spread each round with the tuna salad mixture top with 1/2 sliced reduced fat american cheese. Toast in toaster oven til cheese melts. Serve with tossed salad w/ reduced thousand island dressing (1 TB)

Total Calories 250
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

This is far simpler but I just eat a bunch of veggies dipped in hummus for lunch - I am not sure the exact calorie count but I would bet it's around 200. Also it's good with pita chips or melba toast.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #3  

i am doing 17 day diet, so by dinner time the only things i can really have are lean proteins and veggies. I will usually do turkey burgers, ground chicken or turkey with some spices over lettuce (kinda taco salad style!), eggs/egg whites with some peppers and hot sauce, canned chicken mixed with some hot sauce and fake butter rolled in lettuce, tuna mixed with some mustard/dijonaise or oil and vinegar also wrapped in lettuce.....hmm...
sarasynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Do you have a George Foreman grill? I always thought they were kind of tacky, but my Walgreens had them for $20 the other day, and I thought, "why not?" Seriously, that thing has CHANGED MY LIFE. It is probably the BEST $20 I ever spent. I've only had it a few days and I've used it a lot. I slice up sweet potatoes and grill them and they are AMAZING with just a little salt. I've also done zucchini and asparagus, will try eggplant soon. Meat is a snap- you can do a hamburger in 4 minutes, chicken tenders in 6 minutes, steaks are also really fast. It's as quick as a microwave but the food is so much better- no oil or butter or anything needed. The other day I grilled a couple of chicken tenders, dipped them in buffalo sauce and ate them with some grilled zucchini. Seriously delicious and filling and so low-cal. I sound like I work for these people- I'm telling you, though- AMAZING.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #5  
BlockHead =)

Joseph's makes a small (very soft) pita that is only 45 cals, can make all sorts of yummy low cal sandwiches with them. I even take them and split them into two and put a TB of hummus on each half, roll them up and eat them as a snack. Or toast the halves (they curl up quite a bit in the toaster) and put Pollaner all fruit on them for a sweet fix.

I also make an omelet with 1 egg, 1/4 cup of egg substitute, 1/4 cup of rf shredded cheese and 1 TB real bacon pieces that is satisfying and very low cal.

Dezzie: do you parboil the sweet potatoes before putting them on the George Foreman?

Last edited by jeniansmom; 07-28-2011 at 07:08 PM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

The first time I did it I just sliced them and put them on raw. It took about 20 mins to get them nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Lately I've been slicing them and nukeing them for maybe 3-5 minutes and then putting them on the grill for about 5-7 minutes.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Red peppers stuffed with onion, kidney beans, sweetcorn, mushrooms, tomatoes, cumin and smoked paprika = about 200 calories per pepper. I then add a simple salad, such as a quarter or so of a cucumber diced and sprinkled with a little olive oil and salt. Today's lunch came to 216 calories. It's not quick if you cook it from scratch on the spot, of course, but the lovely thing about stuffed peppers is that you can make up a big batch and freeze them, then they just take about 8 minutes in the microwave.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Soup is quick and easy (especially with frozen veggies), I do noodle bowls with tofu noodles and veggies, salads, pizzas, wraps, quesadillas.

Some items that help me:
-Cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar - 60 calories an oz
-Parmasean or Romano finely grated (powdered) cheese - 25 calories per T
-Trader Joe's low carb small tortillas - 45 cals each, can use two for quesadillas
-Flatout bread - 100 calories, good for flatbread pizzas
-La Tortilla Factory, Smart and Delicious - 100 cals, good for wraps, burritos/enchiladas
-Shirataki noodles - 40 calories for the entire bag
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezziePS View Post
Do you have a George Foreman grill? I always thought they were kind of tacky, but my Walgreens had them for $20 the other day, and I thought, "why not?" Seriously, that thing has CHANGED MY LIFE. It is probably the BEST $20 I ever spent. I've only had it a few days and I've used it a lot. I slice up sweet potatoes and grill them and they are AMAZING with just a little salt. I've also done zucchini and asparagus, will try eggplant soon. Meat is a snap- you can do a hamburger in 4 minutes, chicken tenders in 6 minutes, steaks are also really fast. It's as quick as a microwave but the food is so much better- no oil or butter or anything needed. The other day I grilled a couple of chicken tenders, dipped them in buffalo sauce and ate them with some grilled zucchini. Seriously delicious and filling and so low-cal. I sound like I work for these people- I'm telling you, though- AMAZING.

I just bought one too! I LOVE IT!! The sweet potatoes are, I think, so far my fave thing to make on them. That and turkey burgers. Wow, I'm in love with mine, lol..
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Make lots of food in advance and just heat it up! That's my favorite way to have quick yummy food.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #11  

A Lean Cuisine meal under 250 cals... that's as quick and easy as it's going to get for me.
blancheneige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

1 cup of egg beaters
1 35 cal laughing cow cheese wedge
any mix of veggies (mushrooms and spinach are great in this)
one chopped up frozen sausage or veggie patty (generally 100-150 cals)

just over 200 calories, most deliciously filling breakfast omelette ever. I usually pair it with an apple

Last edited by doopdoop; 08-06-2011 at 07:53 AM.
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #13  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

doopdoop: That sounds soooo good. Im a big egg and cheese fan. Im going to the grocery today so I am going to get some laughing cow and try it.
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #14  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

3/4 of a Mars bar
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote