Old 07-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #1  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Default Carb totals?? How many is too many?

Okay..so for example..today my total was 39 grams of total carbs today..Is that too high?

For example: I did..

B: Chocolate pudding
L: Cream of chicken soup packet w. 1 cup of Kholrabi fries
S: chocolate soy puffs packet
D: Cream of chicken soup
Late night snack: 2 eggs w. 2 veggie cheese slices w. 2 tbsp of sugar free ketchup.

It totalled 39 carbs.. I know i didnt eat all my veggies today....i know im working on it!

So just wondering if 39 is too high? for phase 1? I added the 5th packet in cause i work real late and the time between dinner and bedtime is several hours apart..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #2  
One step at a time

Would i have kicked myself out of ketosis??? im freaking out that those kholrabi fries added to many on top of my restricted already..
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

I ate more carbs than that yesterday which was day 3 for me. When I tested for ketosis last night it was dark purple on the stix. I know our bodies are all different but that's my story. I also ate a lot of fiber with those carbs. I remember on Atkins people used to deduct fiber from carbs to come up with net carbs. I don't know if that makes a difference.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't know, but you had a restricted, 2 eggs, veggie cheese and not your 4 cups of veggies. I am not sure what carb-count we have on IP, I just follow the sheet and if it isn't on there, I don't eat it AND eggs are not on it, veggie cheese is not on it. Maybe some of the more experienced IPer's will have a take on it.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I don't know, but you had a restricted, 2 eggs, veggie cheese and not your 4 cups of veggies. I am not sure what carb-count we have on IP, I just follow the sheet and if it isn't on there, I don't eat it AND eggs are not on it, veggie cheese is not on it. Maybe some of the more experienced IPer's will have a take on it.
Eggs are on the sheet- it states 2 whole eggs in the poultry section. However, I know nothing about veggie cheese. Sounds scary to me

Everyone has a different threshold at which they go out of ketosis. 30 is safe for most people, while some can have 50 or more. Of course, with IP it's also about calories and fat. Tweaking always puts you in danger of going out of ketosis, however if you're ok with slower losses (if that happens) then it's your choice.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I never worried if I was in Ketosis or not I just followed the program to a "T". We can have veggie cheese bellamack, its more for flavoring than anything. My coach said it just counts as an extra veggie but not very much to change your 2 cups. We can have egg whites, which is what she had. And I agree you only had one cup of veggies should of had a total of 4 for the day. We can have 2 eggs as a protein its on the sheet
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
You can have 2 whole eggs as your protein.
wheekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I ♥ carbs
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #9  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasesgirl View Post
Okay..so for example..today my total was 39 grams of total carbs today..Is that too high?

For example: I did..

B: Chocolate pudding
L: Cream of chicken soup packet w. 1 cup of Kholrabi fries
S: chocolate soy puffs packet
D: Cream of chicken soup
Late night snack: 2 eggs w. 2 veggie cheese slices w. 2 tbsp of sugar free ketchup.

It totalled 39 carbs.. I know i didnt eat all my veggies today....i know im working on it!

So just wondering if 39 is too high? for phase 1? I added the 5th packet in cause i work real late and the time between dinner and bedtime is several hours apart..
I'll jump in on this since i am a more experienced member. i've been on IP for 7 months and have lost 90 lbs ( i need to update my signature and ticker). anyhow, i'd be a bit concerned that you aren't getting enough vegetables. I'm also concerned that you are eating your own proteins as a late night snack rather than a lunch or dinner meal. i always stick to puddings or shakes as a late night snack because they are easier to digest while you are sleeping. if your coach says that veggie cheese is ok then fine, but personally i would not eat it on phase one (and i am a vegetarian!). also, i would work on eating all of your vegetables and only 3 packets a day. as time goes on you will find that the vegetables are greatly needed in keeping things moving, where as the more protein you have in a day the more likely you are to become constipated. also, please remember that this diet goes on NET carbs, not total carbs. you will have to subtract the dietary fiber from the total carb count on each item to get the net carbs. you are supposed to stay under 30 net carbs each day, but if you just follow the plan according to the phase 1 sheet you should not have to count carbs or anything else.

good luck!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #10  
One step at a time

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooh.. i thought we were going by total carbs instead of net carbs....oh golly..do i feel silly..okay..now i know! thanks!