Old 07-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #1  

Default TRYING THIS AGAIN...Lets Keep Momentum Plan Posts Going....

TRYING THIS AGAIN...Lets Keep Momentum Plan Posts Going....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All..something happened when I went to edit this last week...and poof...gone...
Anyway...first chance to get back here.....I have noticed a few of us are 'still' doing Momentum, but also noticed not much is being posted on the Momentum/Flex spot.
Last post was from Kimberly on the 24th, and before that in June sometime. If anyone is doing Momentum for whatever reason, let us know.
I re-started on Monday, and feel so much more confident. Even though I am at 18 daily pts, I can deal with that...just the fact that I can count the breads I like as 1pt....all in my mind my hubby tells me (LOL)...very well may be, but it works for me...as well as the 2pts for my cocktail and not 4..again all in my mind (ha-ha) They seem to taste better at 2pt and not 4..
YES I have worked PP since it's inception..never with much success if any at all. The (zero) 0pt Fruits didn't matter to me...not a BIG fan of fruit anyway. Love veggies, and they were pretty much zero anyway...depending of course.
If anyone else is doing Momentum or has returned to it, let us know...I know I can use the support...
Sorry about the mix up the other day...computers!!!!
Going4Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

I've never tried PP, but I'm doing Momentum and it seems to be working very well for me. I haven't read many success stories with the new PP, i'm sure it works for some, but obviously not for everyone! I noticed there aren't many posts under the Momentum/Flex section anymore
bvaldez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: (HW 330) this time 260/230/175

Height: 5'7"

I didn't even know there was a section for it I am doing Momentum/Flex; it's what I learned b4 when I lost several years ago, so I decided to stick with it, because it works for me. It's working great so far for me this time too in week 7
Jerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #4  

BVALDEZ..I noticed there wasn't very many posts under the section either...that is why I put it here...I KNOW there are many of us who still do Momentum. Trust me I tried PP as I said...no can do...I have 18 pts and I am fine with that. I feel really good about how my days are going, and feel successful..let us know how your day/week goes..I really an interested in keeping this going...hopefully more will jump on board if they are doing Momentum

JERBS..I did see the section but again not many posts..the last was July24th, by Kimberly (hopefully she'll see this-if she is still doing Momentum) and before that the last post was in June...
So, it's working great for you! FANTASTIC...let us in on how your success!

I stepped on the scale before restarted believe it or not 4 days ago...today it showed down 2.6! I feel less bloated and clothes not so snug...I am mentally motivated AND looking forward to a shared cocktail with my hubby tonight when we get home from work. I CAN deal with a 2pt cocktail rather than a 4PP one... I'm lovin' it.

Have a great day today...and I look forward to seeing your posts here again..
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.5/158.5/137

Hi Everyone,

Im doing momentum too, so i would love to be a part of this thread! I too enjoy counting the breads as 1pt and light beer as 2pts! hey, whatever keeps you motivated, right? I actually did try points plus for awhile and my losses were like .2 or .4 and honestly thats discouraging to me (it might work fine for others but for me, not so much). Plus I looked back into my old weigh ins while i was doing momentum and the losses were more like 1lb 2lbs etc... I am the type of person that needs to see SOMETHING or else i lose all hope. I wish that Weight Watchers actually still would recognize the momentum plan because I loved weighing in at the meetings because there was more accountability. Im doing it just at home now and doing weekly weigh ins myself, but that can get tricky always being honest with myself haha...
K1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #6  

K1234...welcome! really hope more of us jump on the board.. I went through the same kind of losses...it made me sad...As far as the zero pt fruit..not a big deal for me...I am NOT a big fan of fruit...so that did not excite me...I am however a BIG fan of vegetables..pretty much all....ok well except Brussel Sprouts , but they are part of "M" plan as well

My losses were also better on Momentum...you have to do what works for you. I too need something to show for my efforts or else I too get very discouraged. To date this morning following "M" the scale show 2.6 less...and I do not feel so inflated...if you know what I mean...
As for weighing...you HAVE to be true to yourself...when we're not we are the only ones we are fooling....so hang in there...and let us know how you're doing...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #7  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 188/188/140

Default Back on momentum

Hi everyone. I too am back to momentum. I tried points plus but had losses like .5 or .4 - not going to work for me. I have too much to lose to have such small losses. Tomorrow is wi - first week back on plan. Looking forward to posting with you all.
csimeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #8  

csimeone.....I totally understand...hoping your w/i makes you happy...remember any loss is still a loss...
Let us know how things are going for you!!
Look forward to hearing from you and everyone esle!!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #9  

Day 5 Back on "M" and still going strong..Dinner already planned, tracked and counted for. Haven't had breakfast yet...too early and not hungry at this point, but I WILL eat!! Remember... You HAVE to EAT to Lose!! The right choices naturally...
Let us know how you're doing...as for me...I feel really good and really proud..and very HAPPY that I can have my evening cocktail for 2pts!

I would love to know if anyone esle out there has returned to Momentum. We all have our own reasons, and we need to do what works for us!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.....
Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 166.5/158.5/137

Hi everyone,

So I am doing well today, i took the day off from work for a "mental health" day so I woke up a little while ago and weighed in and down 2 lbs from my last weigh in! Very happy! However, it did make me wonder if the scale would have said the same thing this morning if i woke up for work at 7am and weighed myself then, rather then weighing myself at 10:30am....does anyone else have this issue? Getting dissapointing numbers at early morning weigh ins? I feel like when I used to waitress full time, I would sleep a little later and therefore I would end up weighing in around 10:30am when I woke up instead of 7am like i do now, and I ALWAYS saw big losses! Now a days, I dont see the big losses as often and it makes me sad Anyone else feel like this?

But, very happy to still be on momentum and at least have better losses then I was on points plus! I am now going to go enjoy my "mental health" day haha
Have a great day everyone!
K1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #11  

K1234...that's a GREAT weigh in!! Are you thinking at 7am it would have been even less? I doubt it would have been anything substantial...
........Be very proud of yourself...think of it this way...1lb = 3500 calories, your 2lb= 7000 calories.
My goodness..please revel in your 2 lb loss.. A loss is a loss and they all add up in the end.
I used to feel when I weighed in and it was "the same" from the week before, I'd get upset...until I learned staying the same is so much better then a gain, and a loss such as yours is even better. Stick with it...you will be successful!
Hope you enjoyed your "mental" health day...I've taken a few of those myself.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I quit WW because I would only lose .1, .2 on PP. I had started WW in Nov., and I did great in Nov & Dec, then the switcharoo, which made me angry that I had spent all the money on the eating out books and cookbooks only to change everything 2 months later. So, I decided after 2 months on PP and losing only a total of 3 lbs. to quit. I am doing IP now and doing ok, but I wanted to let you know I liked the momentum program much better. So, I may give it a whirl again in the future, since there is support on 3fc...
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

K1234, you can still go to meetings--you don't have to tell them which points you are counting.
I'm on 2 days counting until my wedding. Since I am doing all the food myself, I am trying to balance some low-calorie choices with tradtional favorites. I AM going to allow myself to indulge on my wedding day!

Last edited by madamwu; 08-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #14  

Madamwu - good luck on your wedding!

After putting on a lot of weight on points plus, I went back to flex. The first week was a 3 lb loss. I still go to the meetings. One leader asked what was the big change. I told them I went back on flex. The only comment was don't combine the plans (no free fruit - only benefit I could see with PP). Doesn't bother me - my fruit yesterday was 1 point of strawberries (that is a lot) and 1 point of cherries.

The leaders are supportive and want me to lose weight. They have to toe the line though with PP - so I don't bring it up during the meeting. I will only tell people if they ask, privately.

Going4goal - I too was not a fan of brussel sprouts. My husband loves them. I would try to make them, but they weren't turning out. I then saw an episode of Caprial and John's kitchen that featured brussel sprouts. I liked the recipes so much I can now tolerate brussel sprouts!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I am happy to find a support group and look forward to checking in with you all!
LaughingsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote