Old 07-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #1  
IP start: July 3 2011

S/C/G: 133/120/110-115

Height: 5'2

Default Planned Cheat

Has anyone ever had a planned cheat during phase 1?

I know its super bad, but Ive been planning to just stop IP on July 31st, have a "cheat" that day, and then get into phase 3 or 4... I know its not how the book goes, and if I dont do it the right way, then its quite likely I can gain it all back. But im fairly happy with my results, and I feel I could loose those last 5-6 by doing exercise and eating like phase 4.

My other option was just to have ONE cheat day on July 31st, and then back at it on Aug 1st.. untill I loose my remaining 5-6 lbs, which I know I can on this diet!... I know it will slow me down, as last week I had 2 cheat days in a row, and stalled my weight loss for at least 4 days, and my last weigh in weak.

Regardless, Im going to eat "bad" on July 31st, ive been telling myself this since I started on July 3rd.

Just wondering what others would do in this situation...

Cheat Day and then.. phase off because im fairly close... and exercise exercise exercise..
OR
Cheat Day, shake it off and get back on plan untill im at my goal.

Anyone??
Skurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

You know, from one cheater to another (meant kindly, of course!), I am leaning towards doing the same thing. Today wasn't a planned cheat day, but I should have done that since I wanted to partake in my son's first birthday. Anyway, that aside, I am going to talk with my coach but think I might stay on for another week, then switch to phase 3 or 4. I, too, think that now that I have shrunk my stomach, stopped drinking wine / snacking late at night, that I can take the weight off myself with a reasonable program.

My one doubt, and I pose this for you to consider, because I do not know . . .will you have the same fat loss with a "regular" diet plan that you would with IP and are you ok if you don't? that is my dilemma. It is not merely pounds I want to lose, but I have fat stores I attribute not just to a few excess pounds but from accumulations from multiple pregnancies that I think i may need the IP/ketogenic diet to get rid of. Would love to know others' thoughts!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Before you decide...have you read the Dr's book, the e book: it explains the science and the theory behind IP. It made a huge difference in my decision making along the journey. It's a quick read, btw.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
You know, from one cheater to another (meant kindly, of course!), I am leaning towards doing the same thing. Today wasn't a planned cheat day, but I should have done that since I wanted to partake in my son's first birthday. Anyway, that aside, I am going to talk with my coach but think I might stay on for another week, then switch to phase 3 or 4. I, too, think that now that I have shrunk my stomach, stopped drinking wine / snacking late at night, that I can take the weight off myself with a reasonable program.

My one doubt, and I pose this for you to consider, because I do not know . . .will you have the same fat loss with a "regular" diet plan that you would with IP and are you ok if you don't? that is my dilemma. It is not merely pounds I want to lose, but I have fat stores I attribute not just to a few excess pounds but from accumulations from multiple pregnancies that I think i may need the IP/ketogenic diet to get rid of. Would love to know others' thoughts!

Colliep!

I have my weigh in tomorrow evening.. and im going to talk to my coach about what I should do.. giving her both examples.. This last week I think ive done great, (this is the week after my 2 cheat days)... Ive been OP and only been eating light white fish and skinless chicken. Im going to see how my WI goes tomorrow too, if results are fantastic, then I will consider doing the 1 cheat day, and getting back OP with my chicken and fish strick protein.

I will also be considering just phasing off as well because, I do think, If I can stick with Phase 4, it seems pretty reasonable, considering how I ate before( lots and lots of carbs, fast food, and junk food). I haven't exercised since I started this, and if I commit to excercise, and get it into a daily routine, I really do think I can shed those last 5-6 pounds...

It's just such a toss up though!

Stay OP and cost money..
or
Phase off and commit to exercising RIGHT away..
Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
Before you decide...have you read the Dr's book, the e book: it explains the science and the theory behind IP. It made a huge difference in my decision making along the journey. It's a quick read, btw.
Read it, and it's totally awesome.. its been whats kept me on this program for the month.. but like i said.. the cheat is going to happen.. regaudles.. im trying to figure out which direction I should go after my cheat..
Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #6  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurzy View Post

I know its super bad, but Ive been planning to just stop IP on July 31st, have a "cheat" that day, and then get into phase 3 or 4... I know its not how the book goes, and if I dont do it the right way, then its quite likely I can gain it all back. But im fairly happy with my results, and I feel I could loose those last 5-6 by doing exercise and eating like phase 4.

My other option was just to have ONE cheat day on July 31st, and then back at it on Aug 1st.. untill I loose my remaining 5-6 lbs, which I know I can on this diet!... I know it will slow me down, as last week I had 2 cheat days in a row, and stalled my weight loss for at least 4 days, and my last weigh in weak.

Regardless, Im going to eat "bad" on July 31st, ive been telling myself this since I started on July 3rd.

Cheat Day and then.. phase off because im fairly close... and exercise exercise exercise..
OR

Anyone??
There have been people who have planned cheats and then come back to IP, their only regret was cheating before they were finished. I think if you know you are going to cheat that certain day, then cheat and go back to phase 1 like you would in maintenance or Phase 4.
I have so many opportunities to cheat and just don't want to get fat again so I don't risk it. I like being called skinny and I want to finish with phases 1-3 before I have a cheat day... yes I missed having really good seafood for my birthday lunch but I had a great tilapia and broccoli, yes I didn't have there very very good chocolate layered cake, or their bisquits or their langistino nachos, but I was full and not over full like my friend was... and I got an iced coffee for my dessert and that was great.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

OR

Anyone??

I think you should rest your pancreas again after your cheat that your going to do, so that you can start phase 3 properly w/a rested pancreas. The idea is to rest your pancreas then restart it slowly ie. phase three. Its important to phase into 3 properly so that your pancreas will learn to make only the right amount of insulin your body will need to survive, if you give it too much carbs and sugars ie. cheats, your body will not learn to produce less insulin so then it could start to store it again and have the reverse effect your looking for. Or, you could avoid your cheat day your planning and phase into 3 properly asap.
Congrats on getting this far w/your weight loss, best of luck to you in the future!
niknakjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I planned a cheat...but not an entire day. It was one alive cooler one night and then one vodka with club soda the next. I was OP for the rest of the weekend I was away. It stalled me (only .2 that wk) I don't think it kicked me out of ketosis but my liver definitely had to work on the two drinks instead of doing what my diet was asking it to do. It's the only cheat I planned or even planned to do....I have a long way to go and would rather keep my eye on the prize. It's to expensive....I'm delaying a trip to Europe for this so I need to stay focused.

I wouldn't take a whole day...if you've been OP you may have some nasty physical reactions (cramps etc) if you go overboard.

Just my opinion

Last edited by Ishbel; 07-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #9  

thanks all!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #10  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Colliep!

I have my weigh in tomorrow evening.. and im going to talk to my coach about what I should do.. giving her both examples.. This last week I think ive done great, (this is the week after my 2 cheat days)... Ive been OP and only been eating light white fish and skinless chicken. Im going to see how my WI goes tomorrow too, if results are fantastic, then I will consider doing the 1 cheat day, and getting back OP with my chicken and fish strick protein.

I will also be considering just phasing off as well because, I do think, If I can stick with Phase 4, it seems pretty reasonable, considering how I ate before( lots and lots of carbs, fast food, and junk food). I haven't exercised since I started this, and if I commit to excercise, and get it into a daily routine, I really do think I can shed those last 5-6 pounds...

It's just such a toss up though!

Stay OP and cost money..
or
Phase off and commit to exercising RIGHT away..
Please let us know what your coach says tonite and what you decide to do! Best wishes!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Well, the coach didn't say too much. She just suggested trying 1 week 100% OP and simultaneously gave me a Phase 3 spreadsheet. Guess it's my call lol! I honestly don't feel the "coaches" where i am know anything more than what is on the worksheet.

What I have decided is to try the 100% OP week and see how it goes. Despite my cheats and small weight loss, my BMI continues to decrease and that was motivating.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

My opinion is: do it! but return at least one day in your Phase 1; your body will reduce the amount of insulin that your pancreas risk to produces; and after this day, turn to phase 3; I changed my Phase 3 (eat 3 times a day) by an "eat 2 times a day"; I took the breakfast as the Phase 3 goes: a protein, a fast carb, a low carb and a fat. For lunch, I took one package of IP with vegetables, an IP for my late afternoon snack and a regular dinner with veggies. I want to put all the chances on my side to don't gain weight and anyways, I don't need to make a "meal to go" to bring it at work... easier for me. If you do this like me, you can also cut your restricted items: only take liquid IP products (soup and drinks) it helps for sure.

Last edited by francess; 07-28-2011 at 03:24 PM.
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #13  

So, I just had my weigh in...

And the verdict is.. Down 4.4 lbs, and 4.75 inches! Yay, pretty happy about that. Talked about my cheat.. and i made my decision that I WILL cheat, for one day.. and then go back OP..for another week, just to get my pancreas back to ketosis thinking and such, and then maybe phase off the next week.. So forsure 1 more week OP after my cheat. Im happy with my results so far, and figure, hey.. give it another week, and ill only be closer to my goal.. if my weight loss is minimal after that, then ill probably phase off.. im a student, and the money is always an issue..

anyways, my week went well, it was a strictly fish and chicken protein diet, which i think actually helped a little, but this next week im going to be eating red meat, and try the big mac in a bowl....

anyways, ill keep you all posted on my days after my big bad cheat..
Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #14  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
So, I just had my weigh in...

And the verdict is.. Down 4.4 lbs, and 4.75 inches! Yay, pretty happy about that. Talked about my cheat.. and i made my decision that I WILL cheat, for one day.. and then go back OP..for another week, just to get my pancreas back to ketosis thinking and such, and then maybe phase off the next week.. So forsure 1 more week OP after my cheat. Im happy with my results so far, and figure, hey.. give it another week, and ill only be closer to my goal.. if my weight loss is minimal after that, then ill probably phase off.. im a student, and the money is always an issue..

anyways, my week went well, it was a strictly fish and chicken protein diet, which i think actually helped a little, but this next week im going to be eating red meat, and try the big mac in a bowl....

anyways, ill keep you all posted on my days after my big bad cheat..
WOW that's a great loss!!! think I lost that amount my first week back in February and not since!! LOL!!!
I think you have a great plan.....have the cheat, then go right back OP for a week!!
Enjoy the Big Mac Bowl.....we have it once a week....YUM YUM!!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm taking a cheat next Friday for my anniversary. We actually have a sitter and are going out to a nice dinner! I won't cheat all day, just the one meal (RED WINE!!!) and then I plan to be back OP with no restricted. I know it will set me back, but I'm going to do it anyway!

I think I'll tell my coach afterwards. You know, ask for forgiveness after the fact instead of permission in advance.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote