Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Meet my babies!

Hey guys!
I'm Kelly and I'm new here.... and I just HAVE to share about my babies! We have 2 Italian Greyhounds. Gracie/F
(14), Jetta/F (11ish), and Meyers Parrot, Indigo/M? (17). They are all 3 rescues, or re-homed with us.

Gracie we got when she had just turned 11, she was with these people for that long and they decided they didn't
want her anymore. :\ Gracie is a Daddy's girl and such a good girl. Nervous due to little socialization as a pup....
but she is getting so much better with time and our help.

Jetta we got about 2,3 months after bringing Gracie home. We decided to get a 2nd bcs Gracie was just so unhappy
as an only dog. Jetta is my heart dog, I love her so much. She is also our little trouble maker. Barking at everyone
and thing. Omigosh! Jetta is also a bit over weight herself (bcs she will eat just about anything... no joke) and I have
changed her diet, and we are stepping it up on our walks.... wish us luck on that journey as well!

Indigo we just adopted about 2 months ago. He is a great bird. Although he seems to only tolerate me, and he loves
my husband...... even though he is MY BIRD! If any of you have birds, you know that does not matter one bit with
these little guys. Anywho, he is a Meyers Parrot, 17yrs old, not big on toys, but I am seeing little bites taken out of
his toys every so often, and I am so proud!

I will post pics AS SOON as I get the required 25 post..... :\

Last edited by KellyAF; 07-18-2011 at 12:57 AM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Can't wait to see pictures, I couldn't imagine having a dog for 11 years then deciding I didn't want him anymore. I love greyhounds, I think our latest rescue may be part greyhound (either that or gazelle). And I would have a bird also if only my older dog didn't try to eat every bird he sees How long do Meyers parrots live?
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Can't wait to see pictures, I couldn't imagine having a dog for 11 years then deciding I didn't want him anymore. I love greyhounds, I think our latest rescue may be part greyhound (either that or gazelle). And I would have a bird also if only my older dog didn't try to eat every bird he sees How long do Meyers parrots live?
Sorry it's taken a while to reply here. Been working on getting my post up little by little. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Greyhounds,
and hope to have one some day. My girls are Italian Greyhound, which are small. My Gracie stands around 14in maybe at the
shoulders. I could be slightly off with the measurement.

We actually were approved to foster a retired racer not long ago if we put up a fence. Which I would LOVE to do for my girls
anyways. But living in Military housing, and only having about a year left (possibly less) we are not about to spend $500+ to
put one up. So sadly we will not be fostering a big Grey.

Gracie is afraid of the noises Indigo makes, and does not care a bit about trying to eat him... Jetta is interested in watching him,
and he even climbed down from the cage once while DH was not paying attention.... Luckily Jetta was more interested in watching
this little creature walk across the floor than actually chasing. He is not afraid of them at all, and was trying to get to my hubby.
He is not flighted, so he walks. Meyers can live 50 years or more in captivity. Sadly things have turned for the worse and Indigo
will be going back to rescue.

Enough of the chit chat... I think I have enough post for pics now!! Jetta is the black dog, which is also a nick name. Gracie is the
brown dog, which we also call her that as well! lol And of course Indigo is our bird who will be returning to rescue in a couple weeks.

Last edited by KellyAF; 08-08-2011 at 12:35 PM.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote