Old 07-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #1  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Default Acceptance Pledge:at any size....

I realized something today while I was crunching away at those abs:

I need to accept my body how it is right now. Yes I'm down now 15lbs and seeing my body transform and I get frustrated with the jiggles and the fat now that I'm starting to see definition I had an AH-HA moment...wait! If I keep seeing the negative I will never be happy! At least I'm better off now then I was 6 weeks ago! Right??? So I'm going to relish in my body NOW and with every pound I drop and how good I feel after a workout and eating healthy. Plus I'm down another pound this week!

So I pledge:

I love me now, I accept me now, I feel good in me now because I'm changing me and I will keep going and honour only the good things I'm doing

Anybody else want to pledge?
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #2  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

This is great! I pledge!

I love me now, I accept me now, I feel good in me now because I'm changing me and I will keep going and honour only the good things I'm doing!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #3  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

I love me, too. And I'm not doing this to look a certain way, but rather to be the healthiest and strongest me I can be - for the rest of my beautiful life!

-Kiki
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Great attitude! We all need to take this pledge - fat, skinny, short, tall, outgoing, shy, whatever. Great, great attitude.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #5  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i am one of those weird fat chicks who has loved herself for a long time... it just took me loving my husband enough to want kids to spur me into actually losing the weight.

i hated me in high school, and so did a lot of other people. a couple years of college and real friends later, i started liking me... and so did a lot of other people.

ever since that day, like 10 years ago... i came to the conclusion that anyone who is gonna judge me by the size of my waist instead of the awesome person i am, they are definitely not worth the investment of my time or emotions.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Hear hear!!! I'm all for love and acceptance - i too am a weird (former) fat lady who ALWAYS was crazy about ME I never ever understood the connection between being FAT and being BAD, makes no sense to me. People can be horrible for a multitude of reasons, but having a fondness for candy and fast food doesn't constitute horrible in my mind. I really hate seeing people write things like "I'll be happy WHEN I lose the weight" or "My life will BEGIN when I lose weight" I hate to break it to anyone, but if you hate yourself NOW, you'll hate yourself THEN too! Maybe not for a while but if your happiness is based solely on a number on a scale, yer doomed!

So I say LOVE the crap outta yourself, KNOW you're worth all the hard work and sacrifices, and be in and of the world NOW, no waiting!

big oxoxoxoxoxoxo to everyone!!!

Last edited by Trazey34; 07-26-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #7  
I choose me...

Totally agree Trazey! I was a size 5 way back in the day and I worked hard to get there too but I kept seeing the "fat me" I still critized what I didn't like, and the truth of the matter was that I wasn't accepting me on the inside. The last 5 years I have done a ton of inner work, and I totally believe that up until my life now I haven't been accepting of me and this is what has been hindering my happiness. LIFE stands for LIVING INTERNAL FREEDOM EVERYDAY We have to love us now, no matter what our size is, I believe it's a crucial aspect to success in all areas of life!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllowbelle View Post
And I'm not doing this to look a certain way, but rather to be the healthiest and strongest me I can be - for the rest of my beautiful life!
Exactly!!!

I love this thread!!

Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #9  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

So, wasn't going to comment on this thread (though I would have "liked" it if there had been that option), but have been thinking about it, and decided I really did want to add something.

It just seems totally disrespectful when I see pictures of myself and think, "Do I really look like that?" My body has borne six children, has dealt with the sleepless nights of babies and term papers and work deadlines. It has worked - really hard - even when I have not done what I need to do to care for it. My body does not look the way I want it too, and perhaps more importantly, does not always perform the way I would like it to perform. But almost all of that is what I choose to do each day. I'm not going to feel guilty for not always exercising or eating well, either. I have made choices, often with good reasons. But I will recognize that they were choices, and I can make different ones that will bring different results.

But I do not hate my body. How could I? I am so grateful for my health and my strength, and will commit to doing more to honor those gifts by eating the things that will be me more health and more strength, and by making time to exercise. That's my pledge.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #10  
I choose me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronia View Post
So, wasn't going to comment on this thread (though I would have "liked" it if there had been that option), but have been thinking about it, and decided I really did want to add something.

It just seems totally disrespectful when I see pictures of myself and think, "Do I really look like that?" My body has borne six children, has dealt with the sleepless nights of babies and term papers and work deadlines. It has worked - really hard - even when I have not done what I need to do to care for it. My body does not look the way I want it too, and perhaps more importantly, does not always perform the way I would like it to perform. But almost all of that is what I choose to do each day. I'm not going to feel guilty for not always exercising or eating well, either. I have made choices, often with good reasons. But I will recognize that they were choices, and I can make different ones that will bring different results.

But I do not hate my body. How could I? I am so grateful for my health and my strength, and will commit to doing more to honor those gifts by eating the things that will be me more health and more strength, and by making time to exercise. That's my pledge.
That's so beautiful Sophronia!!! Thank you xoxo
Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #11  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Yes! Awesome.

There are too many days when I hate my thighs or my butt or my floppy arms, but this is the one and only body I get, so I need to love it now and be grateful for what it is at this moment!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

I needed this today, unfortunately i'm that one that is still working on the inner self . I was at one time 170 and SO miserable at how i looked, now almost back to 200 i would kill to be 170. I need to learn to not just love me, i need to like me!! It's hard but i love that pledge and i'm going to remind myself of that daily
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

I decided to start this journey because I wanted to be healthy for my hubby and my kids. I wanted to be an active member in my life rather than just a bystander. I am 3 weeks in and 10 pounds down and I am enjoying the new me. More willing to be active, just have fun, and really trying to not let the scale tell me if I should be happy with myself or not. Now I am happy because of the decisions that I make and the path I am on.
wagfam is offline   Reply With Quote