General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166.5/158.5/137

Height: 5'7"

Default Question About Weigh In Time

Hi Everyone,

Like many of you, I tend to weigh myself daily to see the trend. However, i wake up at different times during the week because my work schedule varies. So although i do weigh myself first thing in the morning, some days I will weigh in at 6:30am other days I'll weigh in at around 8:45am and then on the weekends I weigh in whenever I wake up which could be around 10:30-11am. So my question is, do you think that weighing myself at all of these different times each day doesnt really give me that much of an accurate trend? Or do you think that a few hours difference doesnt really matter? My "official" weigh in day has been Wednesday at 8:45amish, but i am curious what you all think about the different times? I obviously feel "lighter" when I wake up later in the morning rather then when I wake up at 6:30am.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
K1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

I would do first thing in the morning, naked, after using the restroom, before eating and drinking. When I was weighing in at WW, I would weigh at the first morning meeting on Saturday mornings, before eating or drinking. I also wore the exact same outfit for weigh-in. I was a little obssessed with accuracy!
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/tick/150

Height: 5'7"

As long as you really are looking at an -overall- trend, then it won't matter in the long run. Measuring myself often during one day, I found a difference of 7 lbs from highest to lowest! Day-to-day should have a similar error built in.

Since you should only take daily measurement with a grain of salt anyway... then weighing daily at all different times shouldn't add much fluctuation.

BUT if you find yourself obsessing or getting depressed with results... then ditch the scale and measure once a month.
EmilyMartis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Nah, it should be fine. My wake-up time isn't dead consistent either, and I can still see a nice clear trend.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote