Old 07-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Dont feel im getting a true reading at my meetings???

Im just feeling a little down i gained a 1lb to day. BUT something thats been happening for few weeks now is i dont feel im getting a true reading on the scales at my meetings as when i do at home when i can get weighed in my underwear first thing when i wake up.

Last week id lost 5lbs on my scales when i weighed first thing but by the time id went to my meeting in the evening id only lost 3lbs it just makes me feel a bit cheated and im spending all this money.

And today when i woke up my scales showed id maintained , n by the time i went to my meeting id gained this 1lb.

I know somewhere along the line i would have put weight on because of something in my diet but what im trying to say is i feel i get a truer reading first thing in the morning rather than waiting for the meeting fully clothed and had food throught the day ...........its all gona effect.

A loss is a loss but it gets me down sometimes when ive been weighed on my scales then it changes by time i get to the meeting. I know alot will say dont get weighed at home but i feel im seein more results on my scale by weighing at that time.

I duno.................anyone else feel this way?

sometimes cant help but feel id be better of doing it online or myself as i have all the books equiptment etc
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

The problem is that by the time you weigh in at your meeting you have eaten and drank all day....thus you weigh more than in the morning. Stay off your scale at home. You need to weigh each week in the same conditions. For example, at home you always weigh in your underwear in the morning. At meeting, you need to weigh on the same day, same time and I try to wear the same type (i.e. weight) of clothes each time. Don't get discouraged. Just stay off your scale at home (I know easier said than done). Good luck!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree. I have the same problem -- I weigh less in the morning (of course) and my meeting isn't until 5:30 pm. So you could find a morning meeting and go then, when you'd weigh the least, or suck it up and weigh in the evening. If you weigh under the same conditions, and follow the plan, your weight will go down regardless of what time of the day it is.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

The problem is very basic. We obviously weigh a lot less in the nude first thing in the morning. However, WW cannot be there to weigh you.

The solution is fairly simple, as well. Actually, there are a couple solutions.

1) Don't weigh yourself ever. Only weigh in at meetings, as you'll still be losing weight based on your first weigh-in. The time comparisons are the same therefore. If you weigh-in every Thursday at 4PM, then it compares your weight every Thursday at 4PM.

2) Do weigh yourself and keep a separate weight tracker/journal for your personal use, and while you weigh-in at WW meetings simply take it with a grain of salt and compartmentalize by not caring what their scale says.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #5  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
The problem is very basic. We obviously weigh a lot less in the nude first thing in the morning. However, WW cannot be there to weigh you.

The solution is fairly simple, as well. Actually, there are a couple solutions.

1) Don't weigh yourself ever. Only weigh in at meetings, as you'll still be losing weight based on your first weigh-in. The time comparisons are the same therefore. If you weigh-in every Thursday at 4PM, then it compares your weight every Thursday at 4PM.

2) Do weigh yourself and keep a separate weight tracker/journal for your personal use, and while you weigh-in at WW meetings simply take it with a grain of salt and compartmentalize by not caring what their scale says.

yeah but thats what im saying if i just go to the meetings not caring what they say then im wasting my money, i have all the tools to do it alone the meetings were a source of motivation but now i dont even stay as ijust dont feel like its a true reading and today i didnt want to stay and explain to the group why i thort id put 1lb on when i know for a fact id maintained when id weighed in the morning.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I think the problem is that you're weighing yourself twice and at two different times of day. The results are accurate at both -- it's the conditions that have changed and make one seem not true. If you stopped weighing yourself at home and just stuck with the meetings WW, your overall weight loss would be reflected eventually.

If you have the tools and motivation to go it alone, then I say just do WW Online. I love it and can weigh myself under whatever conditions I want. Then I come here for support.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
yeah but thats what im saying if i just go to the meetings not caring what they say then im wasting my money, i have all the tools to do it alone the meetings were a source of motivation but now i dont even stay as ijust dont feel like its a true reading and today i didnt want to stay and explain to the group why i thort id put 1lb on when i know for a fact id maintained when id weighed in the morning.
I never went to the meetings for the weigh-in. I went to the meetings... for the meetings.

You don't have to explain anything about your weigh-in to anyone. The only person you end up being accountable to is yourself. Even if you stay for the meeting, you can just sit and absorb what others say or decline to talk about your weigh-in if someone asks.

My first (and favorite) leader once said that the worst thing you can do is only come to the meetings when you're doing good. When you're doing good the meetings need you, and when you're doing not so good you need the meetings.

She equated skipping a meeting when you aren't doing well with the same mentality of someone who won't go to the gym until they lose weight.

That being said, there are people who do not get anything from the meetings good or bad. If you do not want to stay for the meetings, and do not want to use the WW Center's scale for weigh-ins, then there's also the option of subscribing to the Online version and canceling the meetings membership.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

It's shown that people who attend meetings lose more weight and are able to keep it off, that's why the main WW model is meeting based. They've done their research. I'm not saying you have to keep going to meetings, especially if you feel like they're not helping. But, I think its my greatest tool.

I think I'd flip what Lovely said a bit. You can still weigh in at home and at the meeting, but that YOUR WI from home with a grain of salt, NOT the WW WI.

We were just talking about this in my meeting yesterday--The scales they use (at least at my location) are several thousand dollars each. The reason they use these scales are their accuracy. Your scale at home is unlikely at the same level. It's like comparing a little league baseball player from kindergarten to a major league baseball player. One is obviously more superior. Your scale at home is just going to frustrate you, especially if you're weighing in at a different time of day.

Say your meeting is Thursday at 4pm. Weigh in Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc. at 4pm if you feel you must WI at home. Or, find a morning meeting you can attend.

Also, I don't know why you felt like you needed to explain to ANYONE why or how you had "gained" 1 lb. At my meetings, we never share anything unless we want to. That's when we get the 5 lb stars, bravo stickers, etc. But we can share what we want, or not share at all. Maybe you need to find a new leader, especially if you're not feeling comfortable or motivated. The leader can make a huge difference! I moved around a lot and there are 2 leaders I like best and I will try my darnedest to always be at one of their meetings during the week. The other leaders just don't do it for me!

Those are only my suggestions, take it or leave it, but I just wanted to add that it seems like your frustrated with the wrong thing.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #9  
Amazing will be me

My leader goes thru everyone and talks about everyones loss/gain and when you havent done well its annoying.

I duno i may leave it for few weeks or stop for few weeks and see how i go i duno what to do.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
My leader goes thru everyone and talks about everyones loss/gain and when you havent done well its annoying.

I duno i may leave it for few weeks or stop for few weeks and see how i go i duno what to do.
What's really eating you?

The gain/maintain or maybe the fact that you didn't want to have to explain it in front of your leader? *tips head*

This one weigh-in will not even be on your mind six months from now, because six months from now you'll be looking back at all the weight you've lost and how far you've come. Promise.

Not to mention, as MrsD smartly pointed out... these are very accurate scales. And not all of the scales we will use in our lifetime will be as accurate as those ones.

I can definitely understand not wanting to discuss the weigh-in each week in front of every single person. The leaders that I went to never asked individually. They usually said "Does anyone have something they want to celebrate or discuss?" Then the members either came forward to talk about their losses or vent their frustrations.

It's possible this isn't the right leader for the kind of support you're looking to get at a meeting.

I feel for you, seeing as how it's frustrating. There are options open to you.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #11  
Amazing will be me

The gain hasnt really bothered me as such its the fact i have two different weigh in sights.

and i started losing before i joined so ive nearly lost a stone but at weightwatchers ive only lost 6.5 is up and down and my scales always show a loss n by time mt metting comes round its like ""ARGHHH"

Im the kind of person i like to see results they motivate me , so last week when id lost 5lbs i felt great and id worked really hard sweating it in the gym then when my meeting came round and id lost 3lb because of "conditions" it was great id lost OFF CORSE its just when you know uve done better you want it to show at meetings of all places , then the nxt day on my scales i was back down 5lbs

It just gets confusing running two weightloss and it makes me wana scream sometimes but dont think i can give up my scales as in my mind first thing weigh ins are more accurate (weather this is true or not) but to me it seems more logical

Thanks for your replys
Old 07-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #12  

I know what you mean, my scale even in the morning is different from when i weigh in an hour later at my meeting in the morning.

Is there any chance you can go to an a.m. meeting, then you might not have such a fluctuation? Just a thought.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #13  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Confession time...I weigh myself, twice a day. All the experts will tell you not to weigh yourself everyday, it's not good for your mental motivation, but for me it works. I weigh myself in the morning, and when I get home from work. I like to see the difference in my weight after a days worth of eating and drinking. It's a curiosity/control issue with me. But I know before stepping on the scale that it doesn't matter.

The only one that counts (and the only one I record) is my Thursday morning weigh-in because that's the one I started with. Same time, same day of the week, same conditions!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #14  
Amazing will be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
Confession time...I weigh myself, twice a day. All the experts will tell you not to weigh yourself everyday, it's not good for your mental motivation, but for me it works. I weigh myself in the morning, and when I get home from work. I like to see the difference in my weight after a days worth of eating and drinking. It's a curiosity/control issue with me. But I know before stepping on the scale that it doesn't matter.

The only one that counts (and the only one I record) is my Thursday morning weigh-in because that's the one I started with. Same time, same day of the week, same conditions!

Thanks glad some one knows where im coming from. My meeting was in the am today yet 1hour changed everything
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

My scale at home is never the same weight as at weigh in. I only ever "count" their scales weekly, but my weight will vary 3lbs atleast on my home scale. This morning my scale says i am 218lb. At weigh in last Saturday i was 212. The day i went to weigh in like 10 min prior my home scale said i was 214... at the meeting i was 212. So never count your home scale. I use it to see where im at... cause i know i need to mentally change the weight atleast 3 lbs down. And this may seem like TMI? but whatever... lol... make sure you poop before you go!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote