Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/227/170

Height: 5'3"

Default Starting today

Today is my first day on 3fatchicks and the first day of my diet. I weighed myself today and was horrified at the number that showed on the scale. My heaviest ever.
Last August I was 7 months pregnant and my husband had to leave the country. I set out a goal that after my pregnancy I would go on a diet and by the time my husband returns I would be looking my best ever. When my pregnancy ended I was horribly depressed over my husband not being here. I breastfed and was thrilled to lose all my pregnancy weight plus 6 pounds. However, at one month old, my son was hospitalized and, for medical reasons was no longer able to breast feed. Spending 3 weeks at the hospital with him I gained all the weight I had lost immediately. Since then I have been gaining weight at a rate I find alarming. It's really frustrating, because my sister and her bf live here too, and her boyfriend eats horribly and is a toothpick. I eat much less than he does and can't seem to stop gaining weight. My self esteem is at an all time low. I can't even go grocery shopping without feeling self conscious about my weight (and my clothes, as I have a pretty small wardrobe as a result of my wight gain). My friends have dwindled down to nearly none so I have almost no support in that field.
I'm still waiting for my husband to be able to come home. I really want to achieve my goals before the next time we are together. Especially since I may be visiting him before he can visit me, and he lives on a Caribbean island! I'm hoping that support from this website will help me reach my goals and surprise both myself, and my husband.
Mommy42Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck!
There is so much support here from all of the wonderful members! Look around and make yourself cozy!!
I'm truely blessed to find this site!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

You must be a very strong woman to go through all of that, so I know you can lose the weight!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #4  
Herbivore :)

S/C/G: 276/146/129

Height: 5'3.5

welcome! You can do it! The first day is always the hardest...after that its all down hill.
Rubiehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330 / 320 / 175

Height: 5'11

You can do it!! You have all of our support here in the forums! Just take it one day at a time! and the best advice I was given, don't freak out too much if you have an off day. Just exercise a little more the next day.
Crazy Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #6  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Welcome!
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/227/170

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone! I'm already feeling more encouraged to stick to it!
Mommy42Angels is offline   Reply With Quote