Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #1  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Unhappy The big "C"...NoviLax isnt cutting it

Okay...this sucks...but I am going to pretend I have no shame and put the question out there.

What else can I do besides take the NoviLax if I have not been able to go for awhile? My coach gave me the NoviLax on Friday (have taken it every night) and after finally responding to me today, has decided to up me to two tonight, two in the morning, and two tomorrow night. I just do not feel like this is the answer.

What other methods might work? I drink appx 100oz of water a day, sometimes more but at minimum 100. I have been getting all oils, veggies, lettuce in. The only non IP thing I have had is Diet Rite 0/0/0 to help with the abdominal pain.

I did not lose last week and my scale is showing that I am the same or higher this week. I just cannot stand feeling like this nor can I feel super happy after another bad weigh in! Help!!!
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I have heard that the Dieter's Tea helps...
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #3  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

i found that when i had the spaghetti, i got bungged up for 3 days after, been goo since i stopped eating that one. i also take 2 senekot every night
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #4  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Someone on here told me about the line of CALM products that are a calcium magnesium blend (sound familiar?). You just put it in warm water and drink it down. Tastes good (I got the raspberry lemon flavor) and it worked for me. It was created by Peter Gillham. Just google it or it is in a lot of health food stores.

There are also some studies linking vitamin C and regularity. So once you are cleared up you might want to research that and increase your vitamin C to stay regular.

Somewhere on here you can read about the (drastic) salt flush that also works. Something about salt in water and stay near a bathroom because it works quickly. It might leave you a little bloated after because of the salt, but you wouldn't be bloated from the big 'C'.

Last edited by Lucky Chick; 07-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #5  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Go to Natures Sunshine and order their fiber bend, of 3 fibers, I think called Nature's Three. I take 2 tablespoons of this (and have for years) in a huge glass of water on an empty stomach each morning. It is like taking an internal shower! It's VERY healthy, all natural, not hard to drink. You might argue there could be a few carbs in there but it has had no effect on my losses.
It's a great thing to do everyday IP diet or not. All disease starts in the gut...it's the most important thing to have healthy bowels!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I have been taking milk of magnesia at night and it has helped mostly but I too hate this feeling.
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

The salt flush didn't work for me. I ended up taking citrate of magnesium.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

oh how I have suffered with this problem! My regular "coach" didn't have any advise for me other than what's on the sheet they give you the first day, which recommends magnesium citrate (2tbs). In that dose, it did nothing for me. Next week I made an apt at another IP clinic where there is a physician. In the mean time though I took senna tea. It worked, but I was boated for 2 days. After that I bought CALM and took it in increasing doses (1 tbs, next day 2 tbs, then 3 tbs). The day after I took 3tbs I had a little "relief", but then nothing, so I bought colace (stool softener). Finally when I saw the Dr. she said I needed to take 1 bottle of the magnesium citrate, and then follow up with CALM and colace for maitenance.
I did that. The whole bottle of magnesium citrate worked, although I didn't feel "empty" (sorry for the graphic detail), but I didn't want to take more of that... though she said I could take another bottle. So I followed up with the CALM and 2 colace pills and I have been "better". Also, I started taking another supplement which has vitamin C and that combo of CALM/colace/vitamin C seems to be working.

I hope this helps. I had a horrible time for two weeks, and I wish nobody has to go through that!

At my next weigh in I'm going to inquire about Novi-Lax. The Dr never even mentioned it, and I completely forgot about it.

Oh, one more thing. The day after taking the magnesium citrate I felt that I might have been kicked out of ketosis. I was soooo hungry, and feeling extremely "bleh" for two days. But as of yesterday I'm fine again.

Last edited by Gika; 07-25-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #9  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

That's right...just include magnesium. Too much doesn't hurt you but could have the opposite effect. Usually 400mg twice a day is good, but for an "issue" I might take 800mg at night, with some coral calcium. Coral calcium will do it too...take 2 of those at night....lots of natural and healthy ways to move things along.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #10  
I know I can

I used the citrate of magnesium as well. It's in the laxative section of the drugstore. They give this to patients before they have a colonoscopy. Let me tell you, I drank half the bottle and I spent the rest of the day in the bathroom!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #11  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

Well magnesium citrate it is. Lets see what happens. THANK YOU ALL so much for your help.
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Ok, so one of my Mom's friends just lost a ton of weight and she recommended Psyllium Seed Husk (with Acidophilus if you can find it) to be regular. I started taking it one week ago and I will tell you that it is very effective and pretty cheap. She saw it on the Dr. Oz show. Good luck.

Oh, and your avatar wedding photo is GORGEOUS!

Last edited by Sunshine87; 07-26-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 AM   #13  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

I was suffering from the big C for awhile and so i did a combination..I took an ex-lax the night before..and then this morning i drank a litre of warm water with 2tbsp of un-iodized salt in it(the salt water flush) and within an hour..i was pooping to the point of no end..I could not believe how much came out..and the beauty of it ..is that i wasnt cramping and my stomach wasnt hurting..it was very gentle..It worked really well.. however..you HAVE to drink the litre of warm water with salt on an empty stomach in the morning and you need to drink it all in one go and you need to lay on your side for 30 minutes to get it to move down your intestinal tract..and you also need at least 3 hours to make sure your body completely eliminates..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
I used the citrate of magnesium as well. It's in the laxative section of the drugstore. They give this to patients before they have a colonoscopy. Let me tell you, I drank half the bottle and I spent the rest of the day in the bathroom!!
I take a sip a day - and that tends to keep things continuing to move on a regular basis. I feel so much better!
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

These are all great suggestions, I am having trouble with the big "c" and will try some of these ideas as well. Thanks ChampaignSupernova for bringing it up.
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote