Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #1  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Default It Really Is My Turn

It seems it is now my turn for a lot of things: 1) to become healthier, 2) to fit myself into my schedule to get said health accomplished, 3) to hold myself responsible for MY actions (or lack thereof), 4) to introduce myself, lol

I keep welcoming everyone else cause I wanted to jump right in, and didn't even think... oh, might be a good idea to introduce myself as well! LOL! Sorry in advance if I bore, will try the Reader's Digest version here. Like many of you, bigger most of my life.. but always was able to maintain that "healthy" even with being bigger... very athletic and such. Until.... (and this is usually what gets us all) and here we are today. So... been "good weight" before at age 14, gained and then many more added by time I was 17... started to lose again at 18... ended up at good weight again before birth of child #2... then child 3 put me back over the line, lol. Directly following, had a short battle with a cancer scare, 2 yrs later issues began with my heart (though I didnt know it was my heart)... took 4 yrs to find the answers and discovered was a birth defect... got that surgery to fix... and then....well, as you see, obstacle after obstacle... then it was the kids' issues... and MIL's health.... and working.... you name it, it popped up and got in the way. So...

Now it's my turn. My turn to count. My turn to be important enough to take up my time to get to where I need to be; not just for health, but for happiness, confidence, and a better outlook. It's my turn to do what I have to do to succeed. It's my turn to be the one I do the research for to aid in success, and my turn to gain the support I need emotionally to accomplish this I get scared that I won't succeed... I am not young like I was, have entered peri-menapause, have a lot of obstacles... and then I remember... a positive mind set will lead to positive results. Why worry about what MIGHT happen when I have a proven track record of what CAN happen?

Ok, enough... but wanted to do this a bit more formerly and hope I didn't bore any of you I sure could use the support/encouragement..and to also feel as though I can do the same for you all! Thanks, ~Star~
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

We're happy to have you join and to take your turn! ^^

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #3  
~Star~

Thank you so much for the welcome, Lovely! Truly means a lot to me
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do this!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #5  
~Star~

Thank you so much, Lilian! I sure do appreciate the encouragement !
Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #6  
tallnthick

S/C/G: 203/193/180

Height: 5'9"

Good luck
lilneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #7  
~Star~

Thank you neezy! I sure do appreciate all these well wishes/welcomes!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

You sound like my twin. At 41, 219lbs, wearing a size 20W, one child in college and one in High School, I decided that it was my turn to work on fixing me. I have dedicated the past 20 years to taking care of my kids, my husband and everyone else around me. It is time for me to take care of me so I can be around for my grandchildren. My dad had a massive heartattack when I was only 22, he has missed out on a lot and I do not want that to be me.
I will be honest and say that it has been rough. I struggle a lot, especially with exercise, but I deserve this and you do too!!!
Best of luck.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #9  
~Star~

Thank you NE! It's always nice to hear when you are not alone Want to hear another commonality? My father also had a massive heart attack. He has survived, but has less than 30% ejection fraction. I have never had the high cholesterol and blood pressure he had (but his is believed to be Vietnam caused... as well as my congenital heart defect). I will say it is a battle I will push on. We are all or nothing people..and since I have been putting "all" into everyone else (a concept you obviously understand VERY well), it is time to do the same for me. I love exercise, it's time I have the issue with, lol. On the track now though, and I think you and I could be great encouragers to each other! You have come a long ways on your journey already! I love seeing your numbers from start to now, it is inspiring!!!!! Amazing job!!!!