Old 07-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #1  

Default New here, have questions about IP

Hi, I'm new in this forum. I'm in my mid 30s and have a good 50 lbs that want to lose! I am considering starting IP diet w a local coach where I live. I will appreciate if anyone can tell me:

1) What is the calorie intake for the 1st phase of the program?
2) Has anyone continued your regular exercise routine or have found that doing lighter cardio works better?
3) I realize everyone is different, but would like to know from real people what would be the realistic weight loss per week. I've seen on IP web site that say 3-7 lbs...please let me know your experience if you don't mind sharing.
useruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

1. I don't really count- I just follow the program as laid out
2. Some ppl continue on their excercise program, but it's really better to wait at least 3 weeks..I'd say more.
3. You can look at my results on the bottom of the post in my signature! I would not trade IP for the world.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by useruser View Post
Hi, I'm new in this forum. I'm in my mid 30s and have a good 50 lbs that want to lose! I am considering starting IP diet w a local coach where I live. I will appreciate if anyone can tell me:

1) What is the calorie intake for the 1st phase of the program?
2) Has anyone continued your regular exercise routine or have found that doing lighter cardio works better?
3) I realize everyone is different, but would like to know from real people what would be the realistic weight loss per week. I've seen on IP web site that say 3-7 lbs...please let me know your experience if you don't mind sharing.
1) I also do not know the count, just eat the 3 packets and veggies as instructed.
2. I was exercising before starting and continued to exercise from day 1 of IP. I only walk, hike and bike, nothing too intense a couple of times a week. I like days that I exercise because then I know I get to snack on a hard-boiled egg (coach recommended adding this if I want to exercise) will keep you from losing muscle mass as well.
3. Here is my weekly lbs. so far in 10 weeks. Week 1 was a serious motivator and got me hooked!!!
w1: -9.2
w2: -4.6
w3: -2.2
w4: -2.2
w5: -5
w6: -3
w7: -1.8
w8: -3.6
w9: -3.4
w10: -1.8
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/163/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
1) I also do not know the count, just eat the 3 packets and veggies as instructed.
2. I was exercising before starting and continued to exercise from day 1 of IP. I only walk, hike and bike, nothing too intense a couple of times a week. I like days that I exercise because then I know I get to snack on a hard-boiled egg (coach recommended adding this if I want to exercise) will keep you from losing muscle mass as well.
3. Here is my weekly lbs. so far in 10 weeks. Week 1 was a serious motivator and got me hooked!!!
Omg wildflower... U just motivated me.....
JoseyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

1). My guess for the calorie count of actual food on P1 is probably around 700-800 counting 3-4 packets, veggies, salad, 2 t. olive oil. Please read the book by Dr. Tran, because even though we are only ingesting a small amount of calories, our body is making up for it in fat burning. The link to the free book can be found in the very first post of the daily chat threads.

2). I have been exercising since day 1 of IP. I was exercising for years before I started, so I wanted to continue. There is certainly a reason they say to wait until you are through the first 3 weeks. Your energy level is going to be way down as you go through carb withdrawal, get into ketosis and become accustomed to buring fat as fuel. That said, I continued to exercise and just scaled back and did what I could.

After the first month or so, my energy started to come back and I am now at the same energy level I was before IP. For me, I feel like exercise has helped my in my weight loss journey on IP. My average losses (more on that soon) my not be as high as others, but my inches lost have been unreal. I don't have an exact number of inches lost, but I all I can tell you is that I was wearing clothes that I orginally had bought when I was 150 before at 160. So I was 10 pounds heavier, but wearing the same things. Now that I am so close to 150, those clothes I wore last time at 150 are TOO BIG! To me, that is all because of the exercise.

3). And finally, my average losses are just over 2# per week. You can see in my signature what my actual losses were. I am very happy with 2# because on weight watchers or jenny craig, I was lucky to lose 2# in month. I never lost more weight on any other diet than I have been on IP.

I am truly grateful to my doc who brought IP to his practice and for asking me to do it. This is truly the most amazing diet! I am looking forward to all of the phases and P4 being my new lifestyle.

Now, that is not to say that IP is easy, but it does get easier. The first week is the worst and you really have to dig deep in yourself to make it through. However, the first week results will definitely give you the motivation to continue! I think one of the biggest difference from IP to any other diet is that it really forces you to change the way you view food and really forces you to look at yourself and "see what you are made of". Is it easy to sit around the table while everyone enjoys pizza, wings, cake (whatever you like) and eat a salad and a packet or piece of chicken? No, but knowing that you are staying on plan, losing weight and not going to wake up the next morning feeling crappy and guilty make it worth while. And it really does get easier to decline the unhealthy foods.

I'll give you a quick example, one that I personally consider a NSV for me this weekend. Up until this past week, whenever I would go to the store to get my salad stuff, I would walk around and look at all the junk food and say to myself "my first cheat day in P4 is going to be EPIC! I am going to get a starbucks drink, a bag of goldfish, a candy bar (etc...). I am going all out and going to eat all day all the foods I haven't had in months and months." Now this weekend, these feelings of having an "Epic Cheat" like I thought have started to subside. I am not thinking of going on an all day food bender and starting to look at the junk food in a different light, and that it really is junky food.

One last thing, I think it is wise of you to do some research on IP before starting. If there is one thing that I can't stress enough, is you really need to be MENTALLY ready to make a change. Because it is a VERY STRICT diet and you really need to be ready to do it. If you feel like you can't follow the strict guidelines, then you are probably not ready for IP. For me, I was so frustrated with trying everything and getting no results that I was very willing to do what they said because of the results they guarantee. I couldn't be happier with IP, but I was ready for it. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have been.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I'll give you a quick example, one that I personally consider a NSV for me this weekend. Up until this past week, whenever I would go to the store to get my salad stuff, I would walk around and look at all the junk food and say to myself "my first cheat day in P4 is going to be EPIC! I am going to get a starbucks drink, a bag of goldfish, a candy bar (etc...). I am going all out and going to eat all day all the foods I haven't had in months and months." Now this weekend, these feelings of having an "Epic Cheat" like I thought have started to subside. I am not thinking of going on an all day food bender and starting to look at the junk food in a different light, and that it really is junky food.
I was the same way! When I'd see my family eat something I'd say, "that's going to be the first thing I have on my cheat day in phase 4." Now I woke up this morning with a 3.4lb loss (although I can't record it because it's not weigh in day) and I told my hubby, "First time I've ever lost weight on pizza night!" Probably helps that I didn't TOUCH the pizza but it put things in perspective.

I love the program. I was going to start on a Monday and got so excited I started on a Thursday. The only hard days I had were the first 3. Day 2 was horrible as far as headaches and such but you are detoxing to the max so that's to be expected. Your energy is low for a few weeks also but not to the point that you can't accomplish your normal day to day things. I have some some small exercises on my ball (crunches, push ups, etc) and only walked 1 mile on my treadmill since I've started. I get too scared and don't want to "waste" a week of good losses trying new things when what I'm doing is working just fine. Good luck. I hope you start and when you do, come here. You will get so much help and gain some awesome friends!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I am like Jennydoodle, in that I could not lose on other programs ( or very small losses) and I was being honest. IP, I have lost each week. I do have an iffy thyroid and take Synthroid, which I think makes for somewhat smaller losses, as well as, I am post menopause, which also makes for slower loss. I am thrilled to be losing
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 512/471/300

Height: 5'11"

I am on a form of IP were you do not just eat packets. You have to take those but you are allowed limited meat protien and veggies. It is a diet from doctors in Quebec, Canada. They want you to stay around 1200-1400 cals a day and low carbs. I am doing very well on it and love it. Since May 25th I am down over 50 lbs and I had one week were I only lost a pound. That was because I went camping and others cooked.
crash302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyM View Post
Omg wildflower... U just motivated me.....
haha well good!
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am meeting with the coach today and we will see how it goes.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #11  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
WOW! You have done so well!! I think I will up my exercise.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

I don't count calories, carbs or anything else. I follow the plan as layed out on the Phase 1 sheet.

I lost just over 5 lbs the first week and the last two I have lost just over 3. My coach says this is a very typical weight loss for people who stay OP, who are my size and roughly the same amount of weight to lose.

That being said, everyone is different and depending on your personal physique I would imagine some may lose faster while others slower. The ultimate goal is all the same, so it comes down to how committed you are to stick it till your goal weight & stay OP.

I think this plan is amazing, and I tell everyone I know about it. I wish I would have started this a long time ago!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

1. Calories are around 1200-1400
- EVOO 2 T is 240 Cals
- 3 packets is around 300
- 4 Cups Veggies 300ish
- 8 oz lean meet/protein around 300-400
2. I go for walks and bike rides but nothing to intense. I did lift weights rather intense one day and it took a while to recover.
3. Week 9 and I am averaging just under 3 pounds a week.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #14  

Wow amazing. Thanks everyone for your response. I just started today w some coffee (a bit of fat free milk), the crispy breakfast and my vitamins. I am excited to see what the program will bring. Usually weekdays are relatively straightforward, making the meals easy. The weekend though I'm usually out and about with my 4 year old daughter so I will have to prepare ahead of time to stick to the program.
A good incentive is I have a friend's wedding coming up in November and I'm going to be a bridesmaid...so want to look better for those pictures!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #15  

Oh, forgot to ask: how do I get one of them weight trackers that you have under your signature?