Old 07-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question How close to a doughnut can you get?

What im really asking is not "how many little tastes can i have"...My question is actually "how close in taste can you get an IP food to taste like a doughnut.".

See.. when i get TOM i crave doughnuts really bad..the yeasty glazed plain version...and i just want to eat them non stop.. and im not sure if its the bready yeasty taste or the sweet icing taste to it...but im looking for a creative ingredients or recipe that will give me a "taste" of doughnut in my mouth without it actually being a doughnut.. If you could make a zucchinni taste like a doughnut by adding somethign to it..heck..i would eat it!

Any ideas?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

The Ideal Protein weight loss program is about CHANGING YOUR LIFESTYLE and understanding how your body works. It’s about educating you so the changes you make today give you lasting results that YOU CONTROL.

Have you READ the theory and book behind the IP plan. If you haven't I really suggest that you do.
There is a link on every daily chat thread.

ONE Honey Glazed Donut is 210 calories - 33 grams of carbs - and 11 grams of sugar and 8 grams of FAT!!! Eat a half dozen and you have consumed your calories for the day and your CARBS FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE WEEK!!!!

I hate to tell you this but there is nothing that is going to taste like a donut.
You have to make the choice that they are not to be eaten until you reach phase 4.

You have to find what alternate will work to satisfy that craving! Something that is OP. There are the pudding cakes... put if you are doing alternative I don't know if they would work.

You have to say to yourself... nothing tastes as good as being healthy and not overweight will FEEL!!!!

Brush your teeth, go for a walk, read a book, dance around the living room, have a cup of tea, text your weight loss buddy, anything that will work for you to say NO to the thought in your head.

It ultimately is a contest in your head and you need the mental strength to make the correct decisions that will keep you on the path to your goal. Do you need those donuts? Is your body going to fail to function without it?

You aren't saying good bye to them forever... you are simply saying I will see you later. In my case I have said in order to maintain my weight loss I have to say good bye FOREVER to certain foods...I can't eat a quarter-cup of ice cream, a solitary M&M, or a small handful of chips. Because allowing myself less than what I want doesn't make the craving go away, it just makes it worse.

For motivation I have a pic of the bikini I want to buy taped to my scale... I have motivational words on my mirror... and I have a picture of what a pound of fat looks like taped to my mirror and fridge.

I use this board and my other half to be my support network...
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Do you think if veggies tasted like pizza and apples tasted like snickers we'd all be here? It's a mind game in the beginning and then after that you have totally retrained your taste buds into liking (and craving) healthy things. Maybe some you've never liked before. I've been OP 100% for over 4 weeks and I am already eating things I never would've eaten or didn't like before. If you just get started you might surprise yourself.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #4  
I know I can

You can always try the Torani sugar-free syrups. Put them in your pudding or drinks.
Here is their website. http://shop.torani.com/
MAKE SURE TO GET THE SUGAR-FREE!! These are yummy!!
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

For me, I don't think a donut is worth it. I have been a calorie counter dieter until this diet and I usually look at one and think that, although its not too horrible in terms of a dessert, it just isn't worth the calories. It's gone in like 4 bites or something and not THAT enjoyable considering how hard I have to work to get it off!

For that reason, many years ago I began to elmiinate foods from my diet (at least as a general rule). This included my beloved cheese, breads (except the occassional light whole grain toast for a sandwhich), mayonaise (which now makes me sick if I eat it), large bowls of pasta, cream sauces, deep fried foods (other than french fries, a weakness I would still indulge in), etc. My point is that with the small changes, one at a time, one day at a time, you will find you don't need (OR WANT!!!!!!!!) a donut. Pick a trigger food (donuts) and say you know they are toxic for your body and have decided not to have them. Just not worth the calories, fat, cholesterol, whatever key motivates you. Then, as a general rule, don't eat them. Especially because after you are done with IP, you really don't need to start eating donuts one week our of every month! Pick a new healthy food and start a love affair with it. That Rhubarb desserty thing sounds delish. Cool Whip Free (or a permitted version of it), Merinque "cookies" with splenda when you are at a later phase. You can and will find something that is delish and satisfying, but I am sorry to say - it's not gonna be a donut.

I haven't had them yet, but I think the pudding cakes or an IP bar will be your closest thing (or one of the other restricted items - I think there are a few other desserty snacks). Make that your "forbidden fruit" by, for example, only allowing yourself to have it during PMS. Maybe that shift will help change it?! Just a few thoughts!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
What im really asking is not "how many little tastes can i have"...My question is actually "how close in taste can you get an IP food to taste like a doughnut.".

See.. when i get TOM i crave doughnuts really bad..the yeasty glazed plain version...and i just want to eat them non stop.. and im not sure if its the bready yeasty taste or the sweet icing taste to it...but im looking for a creative ingredients or recipe that will give me a "taste" of doughnut in my mouth without it actually being a doughnut.. If you could make a zucchinni taste like a doughnut by adding somethign to it..heck..i would eat it!

Any ideas?
Not going to happen. Somebody would be a bazillionaire if they made zucchinni taste like donuts. How about applesauce?
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #7  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

I'm not sure of all the flavours they have, but Extra has a gum made to taste like desserts, called Dessert Delights. They don't have a donut flavour, but Strawberry Shortcake might give you that sweet carby taste.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyessophie View Post
I'm not sure of all the flavours they have, but Extra has a gum made to taste like desserts, called Dessert Delights. They don't have a donut flavour, but Strawberry Shortcake might give you that sweet carby taste.
Not supposed to chew gum but I'm sure it'd be better than a donut.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
You can always try the Torani sugar-free syrups. Put them in your pudding or drinks.
Here is their website. http://shop.torani.com/
MAKE SURE TO GET THE SUGAR-FREE!! These are yummy!!
You have peaked my interest, I am an Iced Coffee addict. Do you know the rest of the nutritional facts for these? Calories, carbs, art. sugars, etc?
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
You have peaked my interest, I am an Iced Coffee addict. Do you know the rest of the nutritional facts for these? Calories, carbs, art. sugars, etc?
1 oz of any of the sugar free torani is 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar and 0 fat
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefireresides View Post
1 oz of any of the sugar free torani is 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugar and 0 fat
Well then I'm definitely going to need to get me some of that! Do you know the artificial sweeteners in it are they the good it not so good ones? Sorry for all the questions!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #12  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Well then I'm definitely going to need to get me some of that! Do you know the artificial sweeteners in it are they the good it not so good ones? Sorry for all the questions!
Splenda. The good one.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
Splenda. The good one.
Ordering today. Thanks!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #14  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Default How much can I get away with?

I love this post, because it speaks to all of our struggles. How much can I get away with and still lose weight? Not much, which is why we are all here trying to make a lifestyle change.

I had a conversation with someone last week who struggles with her weight and she said she finally came to the conclusion that unhealthy eating is almost synonomous with being immature and irresponsible -- like a kid in a candy store without parents -- how much can I get away with? We have to accept personal responsibilty for what we are doing to our bodies. Everyone has to suffer 1 of 2 things -- the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- you decide....

Porthard: Find some healthy options that you like. I am not on a strict plan so I have a range of healthy choices. For example, on the weekends I have grilled lobster tails and butternut squash sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. I have already thought about my favorite meals when dining out and how to modify them. I have learned when I go out to have certain foods -- depending on where you dine -- you really can't go wrong with grilled chicken or salmon and asparagus or brocolli -- delicious! Find a plan that works for you where you don't feel deprived :-)

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #15  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

This thread is sure packed with alot of emotion, which I think is also a huge part of why so many of us are here. Food has been linked to much more than sustaining our bodies, if we only treated the signal for hunger the way we treat the signal to eliminate!! You wouldn't go hang out in the bathroom if you didn't NEED to be there.
But, food is misconstrued to be so much more than what it really is: the building blocks of each and every cell that is in our bodies. When I think of the **** I put my system through if I eat a doughnut (and for me it would be one, then 14 of them) I can much more easily decide to be KIND to myself. Instead of putting food I don't need into my mouth, I can put love there instead. Kindness, gentleness.
It is going to be an effort. I remind myself of that all the time, it takes some hard work but the good news is it gets easier the more you make the better choices!

I want to be healthy and here for my kids, the eventual grandkids... find your true motivation for doing this.

It is pretty good that in phase four you can eat some of your favorite foods. When they system is clear and clean, it can handle a little poison and flush it out with greater ease. When the filters are all clogged up, you will suffer alot more.

Hang in there, use this place, it is really helping me alot. Good luck...and btw, if you can ever fake zucchini to taste like pastry we'd all make you a billionaire in no time!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote