Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #1  
a work in progress...

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #347...

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-10-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Hey all...Just wanted to start a new thread...Can;t stay...

Happy Birthday, Barb!

I'll be back!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:14 PM   #3  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the "welcome backs" and thank you to all the people that have just introduced themselves to me.

I can't sleep, and of course this is perfect because I need to be up at five am in order to do inventory at the store...grrr...I can't wait until I can get a real full time job in order to "supplement" my retail career.

I just dropped my weight watcher's pamphlettes all over the floor

So it's Slim Fast for breakfast and lunch tomorrow...I figure that might be the best way to jump start my body...i'm also bringing in a weight watchers "Just 2 Points" bar to work with me....I know two little shakes won't fill me up for the whole day. that's what happens when you weigh as much as I do...you NEED MORE FUEL.

Barb, cute doggie...I myself have a yorkie who i am totally in love with ...well actually technically he's my mom's but he loves me best....
Old 06-11-2003, 07:31 AM   #4  

Good Morning,
Just popping in to see whats up. Where is everyone?

Mel: Do you have a lot to loose? Are you doing WW at home? How long have you been doing it?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:02 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all Hope to see a lot of you in chat tonight 7:30 central
Have a great day.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:17 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals -
Just popping in for a minute. I feel miserable at the moment - bad cramps. That was nice of TOM to show up for my Birthday! Grrrr!
I just go done exercising, hoping that would help them subside. No luck so far. I'm going to fix breakfast and then have to get to work --- thank goodness today is one of my work at home days!

Thanks again for all the Birthday wishes yesterday. Dinner was very nice. Jeff gave me a cute little Precious Moments --- it's a tradition every Birthday. He still hasn't given me my new rings we picked out - I know they have been sized and he has them, but he says it's not time for him to give them to me yet. He must have something else up his sleeve.

Oh - when we went to the Olive Garden last night, which I picked ONLY because I wanted their dessert --- after I ordered it the waitress came out and told me they were all out of it. I nearly cried - I said that's the only reason I picked this - for my B-day. She was very sweet and said they had some frozen that I could take home - that was perfect because I ordered it to go anyway. So by the time we got home it was thawed out - I had 1/2 last night and am saving the other 1/2 for today. So - to make a long story even longer....I got the dessert I wanted for my Birthday!

Gotta run for now. Talk to you later!
Love,
Barb
Old 06-11-2003, 11:18 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Angry Howdy!

Good Morning Chickies...

Seems like I just don't have much time to post lately, but I'm trying to squeak a few words in here and there...

Welcome back Miss Meliss!

I don't have much to say this morning...neither does anyone else apparently. I lost a lb last week, that's something, I guess! A litttle more exercise on my part could have boosted that number a bit! This week, definitely.

Hey, I noticed when I was starting the new thread something about a "Topic of the Day." We haven't done that in a long time...or ever, that I can think of. Anyway...I'm proposing one for today. I'm curious...with summer fast upon us, do you wear shorts? How about a bathing suit? I was talking to a woman last night who said she NEVER wears shorts, even to the beach!! My thought was, why go then? I'd rather bare some skin than sit and swelter. I do wear shorts, but my legs really aren't that fat, believe it or not. (That would be my gut...a classic apple am I!) I do go to the beach, so I am forced to wear a bathing suit, but of course it's a skirty one, (like that hides a lot) or the kind that looks like shorts attached. I swim, so I have to! Of course we always sit as close to the water as possible and I'm certainly not strutting around the beach!
(Don't want to scare the children!)

How about you?

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-11-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:24 AM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Red face Ok....rally the troops

Time to fess up! I have been terrible. Just awful. Sometimes you go along, and you think you're doing ok, just a snack here and there, and you feel like your kinda alright.......ok. WHO THE **** AM I KIDDING? You know you suck. You know that you're eating like a and you just don't care. That could best sum up my life for at least the last month. I went back to the last time I weighed myself. It was 5/4/03. I weighed myself again yesterday. I have officially gained aproximately 16 lbs!

I think I got a little too enthusiastic when my oldest started working at Dairy Queen, if you know what I mean. I have now forbidden myself from picking him up after work. (TOO many goodies for him to bring out to his Mom) The sad part about it, when I was eating them, they were SO good, because I never allowed myself an occasional treat, so I went totally overboard. Also sad, both my kids were thrilled that I was eating them. They were both like, "Mom...you need to eat some icecream, because you never do eat any." I mean, come on....I was doing it for the kids, wasn't I?

Ok...new plan. I promise you. I promise, every single day, I will report in to you guys before I go to bed. I'm going to report how many points I've eaten (my range is 29-34) and how much I've exercised. I don't have a problem with my water, so that should be ok. I've got to be accountable to someone and you guys are the best!

I know this post isn't long, but I've exceeded my internet time at work, so I've gotta hop for now, but I will be back tonight!

to all of you.

Happy Birthday Barb! I didn't forget you.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:29 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Tina baby!

I'm so glad you're back! The important thing is you ARE back! And have faced the number and you know what to do.
Now do it!!
(that goes for me too!)
((AND everyone else))
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 AM   #10  
a work in progress...

Default Okay, one more thing...

...and I swear I'm finished!

I was just reading this in the "Beach Body (heh heh, that's me!) Newsletter."

Eat More of Less.

Just as going back for seconds, thirds and fourths should be a non-option; so should skipping meals. Think of your body as a steam train, like the ones in the old westerns. Engineer Ted had to add a small, constant supply of coal to the furnace to keep Old Number 6 chugging away. He couldn't skip half a day and he couldn't overfill. Because your body constantly works, the best way to feed it is with a constant supply of smaller meals. That means three meals a day, plus two snacks, especially if you are on a fitness program.

That doesn't mean three trips daily to Sizzler's All-You-Can-Eat Salad Bar, accompanied by two soda-and-donut stops at the Quicki Mart. It means three balanced, healthy meals and two similarly healthy smaller snacks.

If you feel full after a meal, that's bad. Throw everything your mom said about finishing your dinner out the window. Eat until you are no longer hungry, then stop. Also, it helps to eat slowly. Often, you'll eat all you need and not know it because it takes a few minutes for your stomach to catch up with your mouth. Hang back for 5 minutes before serving up seconds; you probably don't even need it
Old 06-11-2003, 11:52 AM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Hi Again -
I can't resist jumping back in here between work projects to see who is around.

Shorts/Swimsuit --- Yep, I wear them both. I wear shorts all the time during the summer. Not Short-shorts, but just above the knee. I also wear a swimsuit when the occassion calls for it. I have one like Kat mentioned - with the shorts attached. The one part of my body I am most self-concious of is my inner thighs - UGH! The only thing is that the swimsuit with the shorts is hard to swim in, so if I am really going to be swimming I have a traditional style suit that I wear - I just jump out and pull on shorts or a towel as quickly as possible!

Tina -- I am so glad you're back! Thanks for the B-day wishes! You've lost so much - you can get back in the swing of things. One thing you mentioned that jumped out at me was that you never let yourself have an occasional treat! I would never last if I completely deprived myself. In the past I would go on "diets" where I followed them strictly - what would happen? I'd last about 3 weeks, lose a few pounds and then fall completely off the wagon and give up. Now that I am NOT on a "diet" - I have decided to live a healthy lifestyle --- I eat what I want, within reason and in moderation --- I try not to indulge in many treats, but I do when I feel like I have to. That way I never give up - just veer off for a moment and get right back in action. This is what I have found works for me and this is the best I have felt and looked in years - I am losing the weight slowly - but I am losing it. Figure out what works for you and encourages you to keep on track. Ok, Ok --- I know I am getting preachy --- and I am not telling you anything that you don't already know. I think it helps me to say it/type it --- reminds me all the things I have learned and believe in.

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!!!

Anyway - enough of me rambling on --- HELLO to anyone out there! Drop in - Let us know what you are up to!

Love,
Barb
Old 06-11-2003, 12:09 PM   #12  

Good day ladies!

Dropped by my the local library to drop off a quick post.

On the subject of bathing suits and shorts - yes, I do wear them; it is too hot and humid here in the summer . I am a pear, so I have big legs and a big butt. I wear a swimdress and my shorts stop just above the knee. I used to wear shorts to work, but they adopted a dress code so I can't do that anymore. I started wearing shorts a few years ago when I worked in a factory and it was 90 degrees or hotter in the summer and I ran a steam cabinet. So I said to with that and started wearing them. When I was a teenager (in the 70s) I didn't wear shorts because at that time they were short shorts. I was in the 150s then. My bathing suit is a swimdress. I just get out there with all the skinnies and have fun and if they don't like it, well .

Tina, don't deprive yourself; an occasional treat is okay. I used to think that if I messed up for one day I might as well give up. I've learned that I don't have to be perfect at this.

I will try to make it into chat tonight. Hope to see you all there.

Old 06-11-2003, 12:26 PM   #13  

Well, actually, it's been awhile since I wore a bathing suit, unless I'm slopping around the house on a hot day and don't feel like putting any clothes on. As for shorts, I don't wear the really short revealing ones, but I have worn them recently. AND....I've gotten to the point where the black clothes are relegated to the back of the closet and replaced with...drum roll...bright colors and even some WHITE!

Ahh, Tina, the temptation of ice cream--and Dairy Queen to boot! I tend to avoid that and Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies. Both are asking for trouble in this house.

Well, I am down two more pounds today I was on a plateau for a couple weeks there, but finally the needle of The Beast is moving in the right direction again.

Ugghhhh...it is humid this afternoon and we are expecting storms, so I reckon it's indoor workout today.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:40 PM   #14  

Sorry gals, I've been reading but not posting, kind of in a funk, haven't been keeping a real tight leash on my eating, but thankfully the scale hasn't been bad to me.

Okay Tina once again, it's time to start fresh and lose this weight, I'm with you I need someone to be acountable to. And seeing as this is the only real place I get the support and encouragement I need, I will try my best to post daily and be honest with how the eating and exercise is going. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs by July 7th. I want to get into the 270's. And I need to exercise daily, and keep on drinking my water.

I can not bring my self to wear shorts in public, even when I weighed 200lbs I couldn't wear shorts, I have recently started wearing capri's, but am not really comfortable wearing them yet. I have really big legs, butt, boob's and upper arms. My stomach isn't to bad, I lose the weight there first.
And I haven't worn a bathing suit, propably since I was 16 yrs old, 11 yrs ago, sometimes I will go swiming in the lake in a t-shirt and shorts, If no one is around. I don't know if I could find a swimsuit that would give me enough support in the bosom area, and I would definetly wear a t-shirt over it as well. I love to swim, and that's another reason I'd like to lose this weight, so I can go to the pool with my son and have some fun. Once I get down to about 250lbs I might look into buying a swim suit, would love to take aqua-cising as well.
So no I don't wear shorts ( unless I'm at home with my family and noone else is around ) and don't own a swim suit.

Tina I had a Peanut Buster Parfait on Sunday, and It was so good, since we moved out to a small town we don't have any fast food places and we happened to be in a bigger town that has DQ, and I just couldn't pass it up. I haven't had one for probably 3yrs, the only benifits of living in a small town, no temptation from Fast Food every where you look.

Lori I'm so anxious to hear more about you new bo, sounds so exciting, there seems to be alot of you gals that met you significant others of the net. I met my fiance through a friend I worked with. Not to exciting. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Congrats to all the losers, keep up the good work. I'll be joing you real soon.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:55 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, I don't have time for a long post but.... I just had to jump in on the swimsuit issue. I need a new one, I have two one is even a two piece. lol A tankini- with a long top and boy shorts that when on looks like a one piece. Lately though I've been opting for wearing just the bottoms with a t-shirt. Duckie, for a supportive suit and a good selection of suits practical for big women check out Junonia. They are a little $$$ but look like great suits and just might have what you need.
Closed Thread