Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/213/175

Height: 5'11"

Default How did you pick your weigh in day/time?

It wasn't a planned thing for Saturdays to be the day...it just happened that was the first WW meeting I attended and so it has continued.. It kind of works because it keeps me pretty good on Fridays and if I am going to use my weekly points, Saturday night -- after weigh-in -- works out well. I've heard some like Monday mornings because that keeps them more on track over the weekend knowing they have that Mon morning weigh in. Anyway, tomorrow is my 10 week weigh in and if I could go "naked" I would..lol!
Scooter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #2  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Default Hi!

Well Ive always heard its best to weigh yourself 1st thing in the morning, after you use the bathroom. It makes sense bc you go to sleep probably 3-4 hours after your last meal & then sleep for 6-8+ hours so thats a good amount of time where nothings in your tummy. So thats what I always do & my weigh in days are Sunday mornings Its just the best day for me bc its the last day of the weekend & the day before a new week so it lets me know where I am at & what goal I want to achieve for that week.

Last edited by tinkerbelll; 07-15-2011 at 02:42 PM.
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #3  

Tinkerbell, I do the same thing...I know a lot of people do lunchtime weigh-ins, etc....my weight fluctuates so much during the day that that just wouldn't work for me...first thing in the morning is the only weight I feel is a true weight! Thanks for stopping in..
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

My weigh-in times kind of pick me. First thing in the morning. After bathroom. Usually every day for chart purposes. My official weigh-in day is Monday.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #5  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself a few times a week which is bad I know but it does help to motivate me to stay on track that day. If I go up from the previous day it makes me want to work hard to reverse that trend and if I go down it spurs me on to keep going! I weigh in first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom.
chubbycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #6  

Hi Lovely,
The Monday sounds like the best motivator for not blowing it on the weekend and starting your week off.
Chubbycanuk,
I have to admit I weigh in everyday as well just to keep a ck on things....that has just always worked best for me. When I began WW ten weeks ago I tried to just do the weeky weigh-ins, but found myself so stressed and putting so much emphasis on that one day that I made myself crazy. I know that my weight can fluctuate day to day with fluid, etc., and one day can make a world of difference..just last week I was down 2 lbs three days but on Saturday I was actually officially up one...but I knew it was just a fluctuation...anyway, like you, if I am up it motivates me to work harder and if I am down, it gets me excited.
Speaking of which, I am headed to my weigh-in in an hour..
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

I began going on Thursdays beause of the leader and location.
Now I weigh at home because the Thursday time has been deleted.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #8  

Tina, when I attended my first meeting I don't know what I was thinking, but it didn't dawn on me that would be a weigh in date...it was Mother's Day weekend, and I was thinking I would start like Monday or so...but I lucked out and the leader that morning really motivated me and I started that Saturday morning....the rest is history... Sorry that your meeting closed, but so glad to hear you have been able to keep it going at home! That is awesome!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

That's interesting that a lot of people WI on Monday so they won't blow it on the weekend. I am the exact opposite..I WI on Friday morning, so that I CAN blow it on the weekend. I know I have no trouble staying OP during the week, so if I care to overindulge on the weekend, it won't be a problem...I have until Friday to undo the damage. As an FYI, in 26 weeks, I haven't blown it yet.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

trowter, do you still journal on the weekend? If not, it would be fun to see how far over you are going. You might be pleasantly surprised that it's not that much---sometimes.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #11  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Height: 5'4"

My regular meeting is on Monday at 6pm because I love that leader. He's the reason I went back to WW. Monday night really keeps me on track. Of course I weigh 3 pounds more than in the morning so you'll see me shedding clothes down to a tank top etc before I get on the scale. Occasionally I'll go on Saturday or Sunday morning to get that nice low number recorded in my book.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #12  
Less of a Better Me

For a long time I went on Saturdays. The good part was that it was easy to really stay on program Thursday/Friday then could go on Saturday morning, do any weekend eating out (all on program) then have the week days to get ready for the next weeks weigh in.

The negative was that it was the last day of the week. Occasionally I've done everything right for the week and wake up Saturday morning and I'm up slightly for no real reason. I always hated weighing in then (I don't mind it so much if I'm up because I overate) but with Saturday being the last day of the WW week I would have to weigh in.

Awhile back DH and I couldn't go together on Saturday any more (he is doing WW too) so we switched to a Thursday meeting. I can still eat out on the weekend (giving Mon to Wed to recover) but if I don't like Thursday morning what I think I will weigh in at (I only go to morning meetings) then I have the option to still go on Friday or Saturday.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #13  

I weigh myself on Wednesdays because my weekend eating habits are very sporadic. For instance I wake up MUCH later on the weekends, so I normally end up eating lunch, a small snack, and dinner. When my husband and I eat out, it's also normally on the weekends. So even though I may be eating within my allotted points, the food is typically higher in fat and sodium than it would be on the other days when we cook ourselves. With that being said, after the weekend passes, I still have Monday and Tuesday to drink lots of water and eat how I normally eat during the week.

LOL The things we strategize just to see that magic number on the scale!
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote