Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Smile Bootcamp anyone?!

I have had a rough week for IP... first a conference out of state where I had NO control over the foods served, and sadly I gave in! Then a family reunion where I DID have control over the foods I ate, but later gave into peer pressure and temptation. I need to get back on track (I've only lost 1.2 lbs in 2 weeks!!) and do a run on bootcamp this week.

This means getting in all your water, taking all vitamins (which I have been slack on lately) and not having any restricted packets for a week. Anyone in? Let me know!

Last edited by katiebeth7; 07-18-2011 at 07:38 AM.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I am in! I haven't been introduced to restricted packets, but I have been having a few extra bites of everything the last few days and adding a scoop of my own sugar free whey protein powder to coffee in the morning . . . plus having a 4th IP packet at night. I think i am doing these things more because my mind/mouth want flavor rather than because I am totally hungry! I am back to lettuce stir fry to satisfy extra hunger in between my 100% OP approach. I am only on day 11 so I really need to break my little digressions before they derail my progress. I saw the scale creep up .25lb this morning and while it may be a fluke, its definitely in the wrong direction.

I already had that whey scoop this morning, so I will only do 3 packets and I will more strictly measure my veggies & protein. I will up to 3 liters of water, no diet RC cola, and no more than 3 splenda packets a day! I want a great weigh in on Thursday. I really really want to see 145 . . . for the first time in 4 years. Would be amazzzzzzzzing. I need to remind myself of THAT each time I want to stray a bit!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Im in.. i need it too..

The plan of attack: 4 cups of vegs a day.. i was only doing 2 lately..
No restricteds..
3 litres of water
Vitamins
100%OP

Lets do it..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #4  
Man on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Im in.. i need it too..

The plan of attack: 4 cups of vegs a day.. i was only doing 2 lately..
No restricteds..
3 litres of water
Vitamins
100%OP

Lets do it..
YOU GO GURL
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm in too! I've been lurking around reading all the posts & getting some great inspiration for several weeks, but it's time I stepped up & got serious again! I've lost 23 lbs since the first of the year (13 of it on IP over the last 7 1/2 weeks--and that was with a two week trip to India!), but last week I was up almost 1 lb after my trip and my willpower has been waning over the last 4-5 days. Came back to LOTS of problems at work and with our 2 teenage boys (who did not go on the trip) and it's sucking all the willpower out of me! I need to get back OP & lose these last 17 lbs. Here's to a great bootcamp week! Let's do this!!!
New2IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I am in! I still don't get restricted food anyways, but need to work on getting all of my veggies/lettuce/vitamins.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Default Me too!

I have just finished my summer session of RN school and clinicals! Super hard to do this diet when you have no idea when you get breakfast, lunch or dinner! I have fluctuated on the scale for several weeks up 3 down 3 so I need a steady downward trend for sure!

Good luck all!
ltaylor716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #8  

I'll join you guys. I start day 1 tomorrow and am READY! Kitchen is stocked and I am anxious, nervous, etc. I'm doing this with alternatives. I'll need to remember one day at a time.
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl3 View Post
I'll join you guys. I start day 1 tomorrow and am READY! Kitchen is stocked and I am anxious, nervous, etc. I'm doing this with alternatives. I'll need to remember one day at a time.
You'll do great! This is a great site for encouragement!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Awesome! Thanks for the support everyone. If you cheat, don't tell us, tell the cheat forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...no-nos-19.html

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know, and we'll do our best to help out!

Bootcamp day 1:
Water - check!
Vitamins - check!
Breakfast - IP scrambled eggs
Snack - EAS Advantage low carb chocolate shake
Lunch - IP Chocolate drink, Romaine lettuce, 2 cups cukes and bell peppers with a few small cherry tomatoes, WF Ranch dressing
Dinner - Grilled shrimp and summer squash

I did have one diet soda today, but it was one without the phosphoric acid they are so concerned about... I'll have to wean off and not have ANY this week!

Looking forward to a great OP day tomorrow! Thanks everyone
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm In !

Last edited by lroderick; 07-19-2011 at 12:11 PM.
lroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #12  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
I have just finished my summer session of RN school and clinicals! Super hard to do this diet when you have no idea when you get breakfast, lunch or dinner! I have fluctuated on the scale for several weeks up 3 down 3 so I need a steady downward trend for sure!

Good luck all!
What worked for me is a breakfast packet in the morning. then make two packets of the drinks. I like the mango or the orange. and place two packets with water in a water bottle. and drink half lunch and half dinner. you can even get the medium sized snapple bottle. Its plastic, maybe 32 oz and use that as your container. I like the snapple bottle bc it has a large enough opening to pour powder, you can recycle it, and it seals well. Nothing like getting protein drink on your stuff.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #13  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

i am ready for some bootcamp. I have been ip-ing on and off for a bit. but this time I am trying a month without a coach. first week down 9.5 pounds. I attribute that to my carb bloat. but I want to get off the next ten to feel comfortable in my skin. This is my first boot camp. I know the choc powder drink is like 9 carbs. and that is what i tend to drink primarily. I could drink 3 a day. should I try to reduce for bootcamp?
also I got the Ketone strips at walmart. I find it fun and a huge motivator to check my urine every morning. it was like 6$ for 50 strips. Def worth it.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #14  
I know I can

This is a quote from Jordana that is on the Ideal Protein FAQ Sticky, page 4,

"You might want to try doing IP bootcamp for a week:

Only Non-restricted IP Packages
Only Select Veggies
Stay below 20 grams of NET carbs per day or 30 grams of total carbs"

And this is a quote from showgirlaz, Carla:
"Total carbs are all carbs contained in an item. It includes fibers, sugars, sugar alcohols, starches, and other carbs.

Net carbs is a tool to see carbs that effect you. This is calculated by taking the total carb value and subtracting fiber. The remaining number is net carbs."

Last edited by Watkat; 07-22-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #15  

I'm loving bootcamp!!! I've already lost 3 lbs since starting Monday!! Only 14 more to go! Have a great OP bootcamp weekend everyone!!