Old 07-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/141/120

Height: 5'5

Default Nervous travelling out of town on IP Phase 1

I am heading out of town next week and I am nervous with travelling on IP for the first time as well as getting together with friends for a wedding. There are alot of social gatherings - dinners, drinks, bar, etc. I just packed all my IP packets for the trip - so I stay committed but I am worried about being away from my controlled environment and irregular schedule with all the different plans.

I have read the thread on travelling while on IP so I have prepped my IP survival kit. There are amazing restaurants and I know I will be more tempted than usual.

Wish me luck!!
Moonkakaladda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkakaladda View Post
I am heading out of town next week and I am nervous with travelling on IP for the first time as well as getting together with friends for a wedding. There are alot of social gatherings - dinners, drinks, bar, etc. I just packed all my IP packets for the trip - so I stay committed but I am worried about being away from my controlled environment and irregular schedule with all the different plans.

I have read the thread on travelling while on IP so I have prepped my IP survival kit. There are amazing restaurants and I know I will be more tempted than usual.

Wish me luck!!
Good luck, think positive thoughts and just enjoy yourself. Don't think of what you can't have, think of what you can have instead. Don't be scared you will be fine
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good luck on your trip! I am traveling also and on Phase 1. Just enjoy yourself and try your hardest to stay as close to IP as possible. I also have packets and use them as much as I can. I have also taken cucumbers, radishes, mushrooms in bags to supplement restaurant meals which often do not have vegetables.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #4  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

You can do it! I have been traveling too and will be doing some more traveling in about a month...so I know how scary it is. Pack, plan, and prepare yourself for facing tough choices but KNOW that nothing is worth more than your health and happiness. Focus on the yummy foods you can eat and when you are put in situations with no no foods and temptations, remember that those are what got you to where you are now and are not worth going back to. You can do it!
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I am only on my 3rd week of IP. BUT, I have attended 4 parties since starting, 3 picnics and hosted a BBQ and for me it wasn't rather I could stay on program, but rather I didn't want others to notice and you know what? They didn't really, at first people would ask about a drink and I would say, I am good for now, just finishing up a Propel and then the crowd would just be yacking and laughing and nobody noticed that I just ate salad, veggies and grilled meat. I was quite pleased
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #6  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I travel a lot for work. My best tip is to tell them what you WANT, rather than what you don't want. For example, "I would like a mixed green salad with cucumber, tomato, and celery. Can you do that for me?" goes over better than "I'd like the mixed green salad, without the cheese, bacon, olives, etc..." Another tip - when going into social situations, have a product before you go. You will make better decisions when you are not hungry.

Good luck!

Oh... when I meet friends for a meal and I'm not eating, I just say "I actually already ate, but I'd love a club soda..." If you are in need of something to eat but don't really need to eat, get mixed greens or a side of steamed veggies.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-21-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote