Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Red face I'm Back...

This is hard to write. I had so much success the first year that I never would have expected to be in this position.

I began WW back in April of 2009. I lost weight every single week, was completely motivated and never had a problem staying on plan. I had lost 70 lbs by February of 2010. Then...I met my boyfriend in March of 2010. We began dating and obviously it was a lot harder to stick to my plan when he wanted to take me out all of the time. I was lucky enough to be able to maintain my loss without gaining anything back. By January of this year I was living with my boyfriend and had pretty much stopped weighing in every week and was completely off the plan. I have been feeling so heavy and disgusted with myself recently so I decided to weigh myself. I have gained 15 lbs back! I am very disappointed in myself and wonder how I let myself go so far backwards when I worked so hard to get to where I was. I am sad, but also glad that I weighed in. I feel like the gain will definitely be my new motivation to really stick to my plan.

I have been trying to remember that it isn't the gain thats important, but the fact that I am still down 55 lbs from when I began. At times it is extremely difficult to do that. I am hoping someone will have some words of encouragment or wisdom that they might share.

Thanks in advance!
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back =)

You're not the first person to gain some weight back, and you won't be the last. Good news is that you've caught it, you know you want to change it around, and you absolutely have it within you to do so.

You don't necessarily need to start right back up at where you were. You can make a few changes to get back into the swing of eating healthier and moving more. Or head back to a WW meeting and let things sink back in. Choose a specific goal (doesn't have to be a weight goal), plan out how to make that happen. Then start with the first step

You can do it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #3  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Lovely! Great job in catching it before things got really out of control. Weighing yourself was a HUGE step in the right direction. All you need to do now is follow up with a few more steps and you'll be back OP and feeling good again in no time.

And definitely remember, you are not alone!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #4  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

That's so amazing that you have maintained a 55-pound weight loss for 17 months! You have totally beaten the odds despite some pretty insane (though insanely good) life changes. How awesome are you?

Last edited by Sophronia; 07-20-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Lovely-I am definitely trying to start off with eating right again and will start in with excercise in the next few weeks. I want to make it an easy transition so that I will actually stick to it. Thanks for the encouragement!

JamiSue-Thanks for reminding me that i am not alone because it sure does feel like I am at times.

Sophronia-That is exactly what I am trying to remember. The fact that I have kept so much off should be the important part, not the gain. Thanks for your kind words
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Good for you for facing the scale! Sometimes that can really be dreadful but it's best to face the damage and move forward!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote