Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #1  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Default Belly Fat??? Please tell me it does go away!

Hey there!

So I have noticed a difference in my body in my 14lbs loss but it's mostly on my side and the fat on my belly seems to be pushing forward!!!! It's getting tigher under my breasts and my waist and underneath my bra area but the fat on my belly looks worse! Has anybody experienced this? It's making me feel bigger and it's hanging more like the skin has gotten so looser and more Jiggly!!! I am getting discouraged by it. Any positive stories out there about belly fat???
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #2  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

OMG! I don't have a solution for you but I am noticing the same thing myself. And yea, it makes me feel bigger than I was before!

Hopefully someone here can tell us what's up with it, but I just wanted to let you know you weren't alone!

JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I had a lot of loose skin from two pregnancies so I can relate, sort of. I wasn't terribly overweight but my belly was not a pretty sight, lol. Running 4 times a week and eliminating sugar from my diet has made a world of difference for me personally. My stomach is much tighter and toned than before. I'm still not exactly where I want to be but I'm worlds away from where I once was. Just keep at it and it will melt away.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #4  
I choose me...

Whewwww ok at least you understand what I'm talking about! I'm even taking pictures of myself and my before pictures my belly looks so much firmer, isn't that crazy??? Now is hanging and all the fat is moving from my sides to the front! ACK!!! I look awesome from behind hahaha! Too bad i can't walk around that way!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

It gets better. Start taking measurements and pictures now if you haven't already!

As you lose more weight the pounds will at some point come off of your stomach. You won't be at goal weight with the same size stomach that you started at!

I have experienced that as I lose weight my fat all over seems more "jiggly". Don't know if it's that I'm more conscious of it, or there's just more room to jiggle now that I've lost some of it... *shrug*
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #6  
I choose me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
I had a lot of loose skin from two pregnancies so I can relate, sort of. I wasn't terribly overweight but my belly was not a pretty sight, lol. Running 4 times a week and eliminating sugar from my diet has made a world of difference for me personally. My stomach is much tighter and toned than before. I'm still not exactly where I want to be but I'm worlds away from where I once was. Just keep at it and it will melt away.
Thanks fitmom, I think that might be it too, I have 2 kids (5 and 3) soooooo it's probably from that too
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Yep. It will go away eventually. I've been here before. It's like first on, last off for me.

I actually enjoy it -- it's starting to happen to me too and that means the weight is shedding. I've also got the dots on my outer thighs that eventually become lines. Muscle definition is coming back..wahoo!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 07-20-2011 at 11:38 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/159.6/130

Height: 5'2"

wheeew i thought i was the only person like that. ive noticed the same thing going on with my tummy area as well =/ hopefully it will go away as well. idk...ive had ppl tell me that i do look noticably smaller but idk =/ have you tried asking others if its noticable? it can help make ya feel better =]
shelley3650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #9  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Height: 5'5"

This has totally happened to me. I started doing power yoga which really works your abs and that is helping a little.

My belly fat is the biggest pet peeve of mine.
authentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

ok, i am also experiencing this. I had a very small diastasis with this pregnancy...but the reason why THIS is happening to you ladies working your abs, is because you are building the muscle thicker and stronger and that pushes out the fat, don't worry--as you burn off the fat, that sleek stomach will come into view.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #11  
I choose me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
ok, i am also experiencing this. I had a very small diastasis with this pregnancy...but the reason why THIS is happening to you ladies working your abs, is because you are building the muscle thicker and stronger and that pushes out the fat, don't worry--as you burn off the fat, that sleek stomach will come into view.
Yeahhhhh!!! Thanks girl you gave me total hope!!! Cause I really have been concentrating hard on my abs and arms (cause I got the dreaded bat wings too) LOL Muscle pushing out fat....ok! I'm sticking to that!
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I can only answer your question: I don't have any positive stories about belly fat. And I'll hope that statement speaks for itself...
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Jiggle is your friend! We love jiggle! That's what you WANT it to do!

When the fat is hard and dense, it ain't going nowhere. For it to start melting off of you, it has to soften up. The fat cells are losing fat and gaining water.

Seriously, this is something to celebrate. Eventually your skin will use your connective tissue to reconnect to the muscle underneath without all that fat in the way. Woo hoo!!! Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the journey to thinness.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yep, I hate my stomach.
Yep, I am 23lbs away from goal and I still have an upper and lower pooch.
Yep, I hate it!!!

However, I noticed a big improvement when I got down to 195. I also took up running at about 200lbs or so, and I notice it being less hangy and droopy.

The weird thing is that it seems like weight loss starts from the outer edges of my body, and has worked its' way in, and also, from the upper and lower parts of the body and now the center is finally going. It is kind of weird. I've been taking measurements every 5 lbs of weight loss, and just recently, the stomach area around my navel has finally budged! Hallelujah! It seemed like it was going from everywhere else.

I think that definitely it is true, where you gain it first, is where you lose it the last.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #15  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Jiggle is your friend! We love jiggle! That's what you WANT it to do!
Go jiggle, go jiggle! LOVE THIS!!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote