General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #1  
Woooo Hooooo :)

S/C/G: 266.8/235/175

Height: 5'6

Default What an exciting day! Rode in the ambulance today....

OMG What a DAY! It was one of those days where you keep saying that you should have called in sick and stayed in bed! I was dropping everything, bumping into things, and being unusually clumsy. Which for me is MAJOR! lol So I made it through the day at work, got all my tools off the boat, & cleaned up.

Then I noticed I had a voicemail and I needed to take something to our trouble desk on the boat. So I ran and grabbed the box and took it up there. Got everything squared away so it would be ready for work tomorrow morning. As I was leaving the office I went down 2 or 3 stairs where my foot found this little dip in the ground. Go figure. LOL Down I went with a pop and everyone around went OHHHHH. I swear it sounded like a TV show audience! lol I am SO glad that I work somewhere that camera's & video camera's are not allowed so it wont end up on youtube or america's funniest video's!

I was SO embarrassed I just wanted to get out of there. Some guys helped me up and I hobbled off the boat to get back to the hang out. Got my stuff and then hobbled UP the stairs to my bosses office. I was thinking oh I will just go and tell him that I will be taking the day off tomorrow. Yeah RIGHT! By the time I made it to his office I was in SO much pain & it was swollen to the size of a soft ball! He made tons of calls and it was a HUGE ordeal and the paramedics came, fire truck came. Everyone was there.

They took me to the ER and x rays show that it isn't broken but I have to go back in 10 days to take more to make sure the swelling isn't hiding a hairline fracture. I get a week off work to start and have to follow up with my normal dr as well as an orthopedic surgeon! They wrapped me up with tons of stuff and gave me crutches.

So the funny part of this is that I was joking with the EMT lady in the ambulance and told her that at least my toes were done! LOL I also noticed while I was in the ER waiting to be wrapped that my very swollen ankle looked a LOT like what my ankles USED to look like before losing the weight and just HOW much smaller my other ankle was. I asked my husband if I had lost all 27LBs from my ankle! LMAO

oh here is the picture of it after being wrapped!

Last edited by PBmama; 07-20-2011 at 12:43 AM.
PBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

wowww you sure took a spill! ive done that to my ankles too a couple times and wow does it hurt! glad they took xrays and stuff...hope there's no fracture! take care of yourself
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Wow! Glad you are back home and hope you heal fast!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Oh my goodness!!! I wish you a speedy recovery!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

What an embarassing and painful ordeal! I hope your ankle gets better soon. I hope it's not a fracture. I manage to do something like that to my ankle every 6 mos or so. Thank goodness my natural off-balance-ness is starting to correct itself with all the pilates I do! I used to fall all the time!

P.S.- You have got the CUTEST stubby little toes EVER!!!!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #6  

Thank you all

I am really having difficulty sleeping as even with the percocet, muscle relaxer, and anti inflammatory meds I am still in a lot of pain. I am pretty bummed because I was supposed to go to the gym today with my bestie. Hopefully this doesnt set me back to much. Any suggestions on what I can do to keep from gaining weight back?

However I have realized just how lucky I was because at the time of my spill I had been carrying a small box with metal materials that I was going to be welding on to the boat. I could have easily impaled myself with some of the stuff. Thankfully the box went flying!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

WOW!! That's a pretty horrible day! I am so sorry!! But I like that you noticed the difference in your ankles LOL!!

I hope everything works out well for you!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #8  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Oh, so sorry about your leg! On the bright side, your toes do look nice. I need to re-do mine.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post
WOW!! That's a pretty horrible day! I am so sorry!! But I like that you noticed the difference in your ankles LOL!!

I hope everything works out well for you!!
Thanks for the hug! I'm sure it will work out just fine.
My husband teased me that this was not the best way to compare before and afters on my ankles! LOL He is such a kidder. I just couldn't get over the difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCandEs View Post
Oh, so sorry about your leg! On the bright side, your toes do look nice. I need to re-do mine.

Thanks! Me & My bestie had just gotten pedicures when we took my daughter out shopping for her 13th Birthday! Had this happened just 2 weeks ago.... LOL It sure was a nice treat! I am SO glad I had it done!

Last edited by PBmama; 07-21-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I giggled at your "sounded like a TV show audience." I'm glad you had such a sense of humor about it, but OUCH! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhil View Post
What an embarassing and painful ordeal! I hope your ankle gets better soon. I hope it's not a fracture. I manage to do something like that to my ankle every 6 mos or so. Thank goodness my natural off-balance-ness is starting to correct itself with all the pilates I do! I used to fall all the time!

P.S.- You have got the CUTEST stubby little toes EVER!!!!

I am really glad that your not falling as much anymore! TY I <3 my stubby little toes....its the fat foot that goes with it I dont like! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I giggled at your "sounded like a TV show audience." I'm glad you had such a sense of humor about it, but OUCH! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I have to have a sense of humor....Im a walking (not so much right now) disaster area! LOL I am suprised that I havent made it on America's Funniest or Youtube by now!

Update copied from another post

Quote:

I went to the DR this afternoon and he said all that wrapping was unnecessary so I just have to wrap it in one ace bandage! He also said for me to keep doing what I am doing with the elevation & ice. I will actually be able to FEEL the ice now that its not super wrapped up. LOL He also said that if there is a hairline fracture it looks like it would be in place and not off center or anything that we would really have to worry about. I am not allowed to go back to work for light duty until I can at least put a little weight on it. The Dr said I would know when I would be able to start trying to put weight on it. Um ok. I go back next week Thursday for a follow up with him & then Friday I will be getting either an MRI or an X ray depending on what it is looking & feeling like on Thursday. I took some more pictures today but will have to post them tomorrow as my camera is in the living room. Poor hubby has been a slave. LOL He is a real gem though and been taking really good care of me.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #12  

Here are the pictures of it without the wrap! Still pretty swollen.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Size 22/Size 14/Size 10

Height: 5'8

Glad you are okay :] I love how you manage to be positive, I would have still been down on myself xD You seem to have an optimistic outlook on things
ZebraBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Ouchie! I turned my ankle while walking backwards talking to my girls a few weeks ago! Fell on my butt, but luckily I didn't do any real damage to my ankle, just my pride!
snorkelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #15  
skinny girl coming out

S/C/G: 203/167.5/110

Height: 5'0

Woa....you did take quite a fall! I hope your foot heals fast
ticklemepink is offline   Reply With Quote