Old 07-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #1  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Default Drinking your food?

Okay, so read somewhere that apparently, there is this spot located right in the roof your mouth..its like behind your teeth and a little further back on the top of your mouth and they say that when you chew your food right there in the front, you actually can signal to your brain that your eating lots and it can signal to your brain that you feel "fuller" Which is apparently why babies dont have to eat much to feel full cause they constantly chew there food in the front part of there mouth.. Anyone else heard of this before?

Well anyway.. i was wondering what your thoughts are on RTD's...Cause i drink mine and dont even feel full..But when i eat my pudding or soup i do..isnt that strange? So i was just wondering what you think about RTD's and drinking your food? Do you feel full or not? Do you find it easier on this program when you eat as in chew? Or when you drink?? See.. i like the drinks cause of the conveinence especially in the morning when i wake up and like..drink it when im starving and wanting anything...and then im good..and then at night..i like one too..
Jasesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I have never heard of the special spot in your mouth thing, but that is really interesting. Next meal now i am sure I will look really funny trying to chew my food differently.

As for drinking my food, I have a pudding in a blender with extra water, ice, and some flavoring almost every morning. I usually add enough stuff for it to be two big glasses of shake, which more than fills me up. Maybe you could try this with the RTD? I have never had one so I don't know. But I do find that I need a certain volume of liquid, more than food, before I feel full.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #3  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

The RTD are my main thing. It is easiest for me. I've even taken them to a resturants, ask for a glass of ice when they bring my plain side salad with extra veggies. Have at least 2 or 3 a day!
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I have a mind thing that I need to chew my food to feel sastisfied. I typically avoid drinking my meals because I finish it and then am like, "Ok, where's the main course!". I have always been that way. WIth IP, there is always something I consume WITH my drinks (veggies etc.) so it isn't too much of an issue, but I generally freeze my drinks and puddings with extra water and eat them with a spoon. I find it more satisfying!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
I have never heard of the special spot in your mouth thing, but that is really interesting. Next meal now i am sure I will look really funny trying to chew my food differently.

As for drinking my food, I have a pudding in a blender with extra water, ice, and some flavoring almost every morning. I usually add enough stuff for it to be two big glasses of shake, which more than fills me up. Maybe you could try this with the RTD? I have never had one so I don't know. But I do find that I need a certain volume of liquid, more than food, before I feel full.
Have you ever done that shake thing with the milk chocolate pudding? If so, what do you add to it? How much ice to water ratiom?? Thanks!
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote