Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/160.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Talking Motivated and feeling great!

This is the beginning of week 8 for me and I am feeling better and better...is it the weight loss? (almost 20 lbs.) Or, is it the inches lost??? I think it's a combination of it all...My weigh in days are on Mondays which help to keep me focused on the weekends even when hubby and I go out for lunch or dinner.

I asked my coach about Doing IP and training for a marathon and he said I had a couple of options.

1. Gradually Phase out of IP and focus on complex carbs and good protein sources for my increased nutritional/physical needs

2. Stay on IP plan but add the protein needed to not lose muscle during the intense endurance runs. He figured out I need about 100g of protein total per day bases on my body's lean muscle mass. This means adding a protein supplement at breakfast and lunch (with IP or with real protein foods such as tuna and hard boiled eggs) in addition to having protein within 45 min. of completing my work out. He gave me the actual written protocol.

3. Stay on current phase 1 IP plan and start jogging, closely monitoring how I feel for at least a week and report back to him.

I am excited about starting because this will further increase my fat/weight/inches loss as well as help me train for my fastest marathon ever since I will be that much lighter.

I am thankful for this site and all of you who post such encouraging and informative things....
sonoio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Good luck! That is so awesome... I am a little in awe of you now. I am about the same height/weight as you right now and I can't imagine training for a marathon. How inspiring!
Maybe now I will have to think about it. It is one of those things I have never even considered.
Did you work out a lot before the program?
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

2. Stay on IP plan but add the protein needed to not lose muscle during the intense endurance runs. He figured out I need about 100g of protein total per day bases on my body's lean muscle mass. This means adding a protein supplement at breakfast and lunch (with IP or with real protein foods such as tuna and hard boiled eggs) in addition to having protein within 45 min. of completing my work out. He gave me the actual written protocol.

Is this the athletic protocol? I have been trying to find it forever!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I found where MuayThaiGoddess posted it in the thread titled "IP Chat Week of March 8-14" on page 31. I copied and pasted it into a word doc and attached it here. The formatting is a little off, but you can adjust it to your liking
Attached Files
File Type: doc IP Athletic Protocol.doc (31.0 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by cadenlevi; 07-19-2011 at 05:49 PM.
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #5  

Have you ever run a marathon? I ask b/c I've ran a half marathon and trained for months. All that running and I lost 5 lbs. Lots of people in my training group gained a little or lost very little. The instructors stated that was common. I just started IP and am itching to start training for the half with my group but I won't. I'll wait till I make goal then see decide to train or not. Not trying to burst your motivation but didn't want to give you false hope like I had that I would lose weight.
luckygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
I found where MuayThaiGoddess posted it in the thread titled "IP Chat Week of March 8-14" on page 31. I copied and pasted it into a word doc and attached it here. The formatting is a little off, but you can adjust it to your liking
Thank you so much!!!! I have been looking for this forever. I have been taking in a 4th packet on days I workout, but according to this, I should have more. My WI is tomorrow, so maybe I will add another packet (5) on training days to see if that makes a difference.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

sonoio good for you!! does your coach just want you to add the additional protein on training days or everyday? could scan/share the written athletic protocol? i've been doing a "loose" version of this, but just adding an extra packet on training days and two extra packets on long run days.
waterbaby102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thank you so much!!!! I have been looking for this forever. I have been taking in a 4th packet on days I workout, but according to this, I should have more. My WI is tomorrow, so maybe I will add another packet (5) on training days to see if that makes a difference.
No problem - I love google . Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow!!!
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
i totally missed this! thanks for posting!!
waterbaby102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Thank you! I've been wanting to start doing cardio and working out, so this is very helpful. Just discussed exercise with my diet doctor yesterday. YAY!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Wow! Good luck! That is so awesome... I am a little in awe of you now. I am about the same height/weight as you right now and I can't imagine training for a marathon. How inspiring!
Maybe now I will have to think about it. It is one of those things I have never even considered.
Did you work out a lot before the program?
Hi, yes, I used to run before...but not very fast. In fact I did a run/ walk combo to avoid injuries. I am excited about being lighter which means I should have a much faster time. ( The next marathon will be my 10th one!)

I saw the athletic protocol someone attached here and it looks like the one I have. When I get weighed in, the computer also gives my lean body mass % which is important to know so ask your IP coach about it so you can figure out how much protein you need.

How many weeks have you been on IP? Way to go on your weight loss thus far!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #12  

Quote:

yes! It is...if you want me to scan my copy and attach it here, I can!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #13  

Quote:
wow! You are good! Thanks for posting it! If I scan my copy will I be able to attach it as a PDF file?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbaby102 View Post
sonoio good for you!! does your coach just want you to add the additional protein on training days or everyday? could scan/share the written athletic protocol? i've been doing a "loose" version of this, but just adding an extra packet on training days and two extra packets on long run days.
Yes, I will scan and attach it tomorrow. He told me to follow this plan in place of my phase I IP plan.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoio View Post
Hi, yes, I used to run before...but not very fast. In fact I did a run/ walk combo to avoid injuries. I am excited about being lighter which means I should have a much faster time. ( The next marathon will be my 10th one!)

I saw the athletic protocol someone attached here and it looks like the one I have. When I get weighed in, the computer also gives my lean body mass % which is important to know so ask your IP coach about it so you can figure out how much protein you need.

How many weeks have you been on IP? Way to go on your weight loss thus far!
Thanks! This will be my 7th week on the program come Thursday. Luckily it is working really fast for me.
I will ask my coach about it. I doubt she will be able to do much... I don't have much faith in my clinic. lol All they have is a bathroom scale and a measuring tape really. My coach is really nice... but doesn't seem very educated about the program to be honest. I am looking at switching, as there are a few other clinics nearby.
Kudos on all your marathons! That is crazy impressive.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote