Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default Contact Lenses

Does anyone else on IP wear contacts and if so are yours totally gunked up all the time? I have put in a fresh pair almost every week(i can wear them for a month at a time)and find that they are about completely worthless after a few days or so. I drink a ton of water so its not like I'm dehydrated. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem.
SiJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I haven't experienced that problem (at least not yet). My only issue is my hair - it keeps falling out and is very dry. Maybe some moisture drops will help?
cadenlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5'2"

My contacts went bad quickly too. I didn't event think it had anything to do with the diet, but I guess it could have been related. My eyes were extremly red and my right eye seams sore. I am wearing my glasses for a week or so (I NEVER wear glasses) to see if my eyes feel better. I will be interested to hear what my eye doctor says on July 29 (first avalible appointment).

Last edited by Bickel83; 07-19-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Bickel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #4  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I was diagnosed with "dry eye" a few years back. I get that gunk in the corner of my eyes and little strings develop along the lower eyelid. At that time she had me up my water intake (which you've done with IP) but to also increase my omega 3. I also wear silicone lens designed for dry eye and have an eye wash I use every morning. You might want to consider increasing (or beginning) your intake of omega (high quality fish oil). I take 4000 units (2000AM and 2000PM), Hope you find some relief in the coming weeks.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have not had this problem. Are you taking the Omega 3 supplements? I had dry skin when I first started the diet, and up'ed my Omegas... I take 3 1000mg Flaxseed capsules (allergic to shellfish) each day, and I have also added CLA and GLA, which are lesser known essential fatty acids. Now my skin is happy.

This happens because the diet is so low in fat, as we only get 2 teaspoons of olive oil each day. You could also up the olive oil a little, but that might slow down your weight loss.

Here is an article the discusses omegas and dry eyes... worth a try.

http://www.health4youonline.com/arti...r_dry_eyes.htm

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-19-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #6  

I wonder if that's what my problem has been! I told my husband Sunday that I didn't feel tired but I was struggling to keep my eyes open and they burned a little. Yesterday the same thing and this morning again. Can I get Omega 3 just anywhere and see if that helps me?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #7  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I can back to add that the omegas should help with dry skin and hair as well.....glad to see pxlkitty4 beat me to it.

You can buy omegas anywhere that sells supplements but like anything, you get what you pay for. If you go the fish oil route, make sure it is a high quality oil beacuse of containments. Try checking out a GNC or health food store and just start asking questions after you do a little research.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #8  

I already take omega 3', but haven't thought about upping them. I do believe i will that. I also have dry eye and wear "special" contacts for that reason. I have drops that I put in my eyes as well. I hate hate hate wearing my glasses, but if nothing else works, I suppose I have to suck it up and wear them, lol. I do have an eye dr. appointment coming up so I'll ask and see what he thinks as well. Thank you all for your responses!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #9  

I never put the annoyances I was having with my contacts together with my diet. Thanks for the tip!
2manybits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #10  

You know, I never put them together either. I had stopped IP for awhile after a death in the family and now that I've seriously started again, I've noticed that this time around my eyes are extremely dry, gunky and a tad bit itchy.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I have not had this problem. Are you taking the Omega 3 supplements? I had dry skin when I first started the diet, and up'ed my Omegas... I take 3 1000mg Flaxseed capsules (allergic to shellfish) each day, and I have also added CLA and GLA, which are lesser known essential fatty acids. Now my skin is happy.

This happens because the diet is so low in fat, as we only get 2 teaspoons of olive oil each day. You could also up the olive oil a little, but that might slow down your weight loss.

Here is an article the discusses omegas and dry eyes... worth a try.

http://www.health4youonline.com/arti...r_dry_eyes.htm
I bought flaxseed oil omega today. I had heard a lot about burping the fish one and what not so I decided to just go this route. Should I start with just twice a day or do 3 times a day?
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I bought flaxseed oil omega today. I had heard a lot about burping the fish one and what not so I decided to just go this route. Should I start with just twice a day or do 3 times a day?
I take three each day. I take a lot of pills, so sometimes I take them all in the morning, sometimes I save them and have them with lunch. Sometimes I split them up... I don't think it matters when you take them... I hope they help!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote