Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 11:11 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thumbs down

Hello girlfriends. Move more, eat less. Please tell me why that is so darn hard right now!!!! I am gaining. I just know it. I am mindless munching. I know it is cause I don't like this job. I have so much going on that I don't like. I see no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I am tired of bill collectors. My house is a mess and I am so tired! How about that for complaining??? So, what in the world am I gonna do about it? No one has called for an interview, so I suppose it is time to send out more resumes. Chris is going to look today and I will go tomorrow. I am then going to go fishing today. I want to feed the duckies, walk the jogging path and attempt to catch my dinner. Peaceful and serene out there. ~audri~
Old 04-09-2001, 11:44 AM   #2  

I'm sorry flower! We can grumble together ;-) I'm wishing for a magic wand to take this extra weight away, make someone want to buy a stork, and someone want to buy our Pullman house, oh, and someone to clean the house and figure out what to have for dinner! I think Oprah is having a show about taking control of your life...finding your destiny...making it happen...maybe I need to watch that today. I know it is the truth, I know if it is to be it is up to me...but today it is easier to whine! ....But, yes, get the resume's out, pound the pavement, find the job you want and deserve!!!

And all of us MUST take chage of our health. We all know what to do to get results at the scale, so let's just do it, let's make it happen. Let's feel good about ourselves...In control with boundless energy! Recommit today!!!!!
Old 04-11-2001, 10:48 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

Okay, okay I am back in the game. I have gained 8 pounds over the last month. Can you tell I am stressed out. I accomplished over 20 loads of laundry the last 2 days. Something else I do when I am stressed out. I hope I don't get a stress lip blister too. I don't have much time to type cause I need to get ready for work. I really really want to quit. But right now the money is a blessing. I am afraid I will be dumpster diving if I quit w/out a replacement job. Chat soon. audri
Old 04-11-2001, 02:33 PM   #4  

Just checking in. I'm busy spending the kids spring break driving the kids around. Yuck!!! I have had no time to do anything I need to, although I did get the ironing done this morning in between drives. I really needed to do that. I need to vaccuum today but who knows if I will get that done or not.

I hope your day are going well. Hang in there Flower you will find something else. Just don't quit too soon.

be good, move more & eat less my friends!
Old 04-12-2001, 06:22 AM   #5  

Hello... just a quick read <so good hearing from all of you!> and add my hi this morning before heading to work. Company's coming for Easter so I'm definitely moving more, getting ready... and with work being so hectic, have barely had time to make my goal of 5 mini-meals.... just need to take time to plan better to take care of me!!

Now that it looks like our winter might be over!! we have our calendar filling up with guests.. and in-between - lots more 'fixer-up projects' - want to add a deck, porch... and if we have time - a dormer off the loft., soooo, don't know why I shouldn't be able to eat less, move more!

Have a nice Easter... will try to pop in again soon!
PS will copy-add a cute little Easter Bunny story someone sent me...
Old 04-12-2001, 06:42 AM   #6  

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
\)/ \)/ \(/ \)!/ \)/ \(/ \(/ \(/ <*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road carrying a basket of eggs. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the Bunny jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place. The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny. Much to his dismay, the Easter Bunny was dead.

The driver felt guilty and began to cry. A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong. "I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do? "

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life... jumped up... picked up the spilled eggs and waved its' paw at the two humans as it hopped on down the road. Fifty yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road.. and another fifty yards, turned, and waved again!!!

The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?"

The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair Spray. Restores life to dead hair. Also adds permanent wave."

Happy Easter!

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
\)/ \)/ \(/ \)!/ \)/ \(/ \(/ \(/ <*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
Old 04-12-2001, 11:08 AM   #7  

Thanks Itsworthit, that was a cute story!

Dolphin, I'd get one of your kidos to vaccuum...Patrick does for me ;-) Lucky for me, my kids don't know to ask for $ for such jobs yet!

Oh, Flower, hang in there! Did you do your resume or did you have it Professionally done, and when you send them out do you send with a cover letter addressed to an actual person in charge of hiring? I don't think ya have to have a Professionally prepared resume to get hired or noticed but something eye-catching and creative might help you stand out if there are lots of applicants. Perhaps go talk to a favorite professor at school about your search and tacticts. But probably it's just that the right job was just not out there yet...but it will be - You'll find it!!!

I'm going to have a "thin-prep" pap type thing today, hopefully they'll be able to figure out what these abnormal cells are. I'm tired of seeing the stirups so often! But on the bright side I'm down two pounds for this week. Gotta work on Easter Baskets today... fun! As long as I stay out of the goodies!

Wishing you all peace and joy for Easter!
Old 04-12-2001, 03:32 PM   #8  

Hi everyone,
Things are going good around here. As far as eating less and moving more, I think I have to do better on the eating part, the scale seems to be moving in the wrong direction and I better do something about it soon.

Flower, sorry you don't like your job. Don't worry there is a job out there for you that you will like, hope you find it soon.

Mailwhale, congrats on the 2 pound loss. You're doing good.

Dolphingirl, good to see that you are enjoying the kids spring break. Hope you have time for crunches lol.

Itsworthit, bet you're happy to see the nice weather finally come. Looks like you are going to be very busy, you'll really be doing some moving.

Has anyone heard from Karefree? I miss seeing her posts.

Have a nice Easter and don't eat too much candy.
Old 04-14-2001, 02:51 PM   #9  

Well, those two pounds are back after a bad couple days. That pap procedure thing on Thursday, turned into scrapping and 2 biopsies sp? and it really made me uncomfortable and crampy...then hubby totally was of no support or help and that made me very crabby, followed by mopey and finally piggy. Great. I know that my happiness is my own responsibility, but I'm tired of feeling neglected by him... so there ya have it, aren't I a bundle of sunshine. lol.

On the bright side, and I'm trying hard to think of one right now, I should know all there is to know about my plumbing so to speak on Monday...just knowing should calm me a bit.

I'm supposed to take my kids to the cabin today and spend Easter with my in-laws there, but I don't really feel like it. Bryan is on call and can't go with us, and it is not really a good idea for me to spend time with his parents when I'm unhappy with him...I don't have much of a poker face. I'd better log off and make a plan of some kind and try to improve my disposition.
Sorry!
Old 04-14-2001, 04:39 PM   #10  

((((((((Mailwhale)))))))))) I wish for you a better day. It sounds like you have had a very stressful week & I can totally understand where the 2 pounds came from. Keep your chin up, Mon. will be here soon & then that stress will be over, I hope. I'm sorry about hubby too. It feels so awful when they do that. I hope if you ended up at the cabin that it turned out ok for you. So much stress isn't good for one person. Hang in there.

Well, #1 daughter & hubby will be home tomorrow & I'm ready. I have really missed them both. Spring break driving is driving me crazy, but I supposed the kids are having fun. they have baked & eaten thier way through the week as well as played. the scale is ready for school to start on Mon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and the the bunny doesn't ruin your healthy goals for too long.
Old 04-16-2001, 05:50 AM   #11  

Well, Easter's over...
company's gone... <happy to say I didn't get too far off track w/eating... sent all the left-over goodies home with the kids!>... admit we went to bed tho before eight last night <not used to entertaining kids ~ we'd forgotten how totally exhausting that is!>

So, now to take on a new week and committing to healthy choices. Oh yes, also got in the 'moving more' part with running up and down our almost-snow-free mtn so many times I could barely crawl out of bed this morning from sore muscles ~ but it's a good feeling!!

Hope you all have a healthy, great week! TTYL!
Old 04-16-2001, 11:29 AM   #12  

Thanks Dolphin... I did go up to the cabin, kids really wanted to go and decided I could try to put on a happy face and let them enjoy themselves as opposed to stay here and watch me mope around. I ate too much up there but I'm not too concerned. I feel ready to get back to taking better care of myself and working on my own happiness and health. Hubby did pick up his mess while I was gone (good thing or I might be on strike now!) So it is forgive, forget and move on time....

I'm looking forward to a good week! Hope all of you are too, and formulating a plan to make that happen!
Old 04-16-2001, 02:24 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

Mailwhale-BIG HUG time! I hope things are indeed brighter for ya soon.

I hate this job. Dislike would be too mild. I get to go in tomorrow on my day off to make 150 corsages and 150 boutineers. Not my idea of fun. If everyone wasn't so angry bitter and two faced maybe I wouldn't care. Bad energy! I need the money desperately tho. I applied for the new Michaels. Please send me good job vibes. I really want this new job!

As for diet. Have you ever had white chocolate covered popcorn? Need I say more? Ugh. Spank me, I am bad!!!!

I only have blue light internet now and at 10 hours a month, I better get off. audri
Old 04-18-2001, 07:16 PM   #14  

Thanks flower...hey Michaels would be fun...Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I have just got to quit wallowing around in my own pity party! Enough!

Eight weeks to summer, gonna lose eight pounds and earn a new swim suit - all my others are saggy and sad! Come along with me...I'll weigh in tomorrow, not sure today was accurate (actually on the light side) and post more regularly on my "8 in 8" program!
Old 04-18-2001, 08:09 PM   #15  

Everyone sure is quiet lately....even me. I have been so busy & I guess since I haven't been busy losing gobs of wieght I didn't want to post. But I am joining Mailwhale in the "8 in 8" program. It would be really nice to accomplish that. But I guess I need to stop putting things in my mouth huh? I have been so frusterated today I could scream. But I do want to be at least a little smaller by the summer. So join Mailwhale & I on an 8 week push for a new body, ok?

How is the job going Flower? I agree Michael's would be lots of fun. I hope that works for you.

Keep moving ladies....we CAN accomplish our body size goals.
Just remember the Little engine that could. "I think I can, I think I can."
Closed Thread