Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 08:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #346

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 06-09-2003, 09:16 AM   #2  

Talking I actually went out and exercised-YEAH ME!!!

I took a forty five minute walk this morning. It was lovely. I loved watching all the birds circle around and I walked towards a beautiful view of the mountains I hope to one day climb. I won't say the walk was easy after many months of sitting around doing nothing, I was huffing hard up that last hill, but hey I made it. I even came back faster than I went out and that was stopping for a few breaks to catch my breath. On that last hard stretch I just kept thinking how I couldn't wait to come back here and tell all of you about it.

So I'm not sure who said they wanted to hear the stories of how we met our dh, but I know it is because Lori has a new My hubby and I met on phone personals. We chatted for seven hours that first night. I think we both knew it was meant to be. For one thing I never gave out my phone number to someone without first chatting with him, but I did give it out to my hubby. I don't know, guess I liked his voice. Anyway, we talked until dawn then we both called in sick to work. The next day after grabbing a little sleep we met and we've been together ever since. I got pregnant with our daughter after only knowing him two months. Then we got married at five months. This October will be our 5th Anniversary. Even through all the hard times I have never regretted my choice. I believe the older you get the easier it is to spot a love that lasts from lust. Just my theory.

Anyway, now as Sandy will know I haven't been to bed yet, so I better go get some sleep. Hope everyone has a great day.

Amanda
Old 06-09-2003, 09:22 AM   #3  

Talking Just One More Thing

This is the sunset over the mountains I was walking towards this morning. My dh took this pic and it was so beautiful I just had to share it.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:48 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

WOW! Guilt...the great motivator! It's so good to see so many posts since my plea...

Last night dh, son and I went to the "Outback" for dinner...and I remembered that i forgot to mention LYNNE! So sorry, mate! I forgot you too, Amanda, and Deon...it certainly wasn't intentional...like I said...old age fast creeping up on me!

I have to tell you how good I was at dinner last night...grilled salmon, salad, steamed veggies...okay, and a small piece of bread. I allowed that since I hadn't eaten anything else all day except for my breakfast of cottage cheese and blueberries. And since I was so good at dinner, I went ahead and undid all that good with a bag of Reese's Pieces at the movies! So let that be a lesson to all...(esp. ME) Eat ALL your meals, don't let yourself get TOO hungry...you'll start "justifying" why you can have this or that. I'm not going to beat myself up over it...anyway, a "Big and Tasty" burned off a few of those calories!

Speaking of the movies...did anyone see "Bruce Almighty?" I was not as impressed as my husband thought I should have been. I definitely liked "Liar Liar" more. It was cute...entertaining enough, but not great. Jennifer Aniston is adorable though.

Back to overcast, cloudy weather...at least no rain, yet. Tomorrow is supposed to actually be SUNNY! I just may get some flowers planted yet!

I'm psyching myself up to go to the gym. I'm going to go put my gym clothes on now...that should help.

See you all later...
Old 06-09-2003, 11:25 AM   #5  

I'm at work, but had a minute to pop on in and figured I would post so I will continue to get my e mail notifications ( you all know how dependent I am on those!!)

Food is still good, we will see when tomorrow gets here! Tuesdays are my Weigh in days now, since I started over on a Tuesday.

Amanda, what a wonderful thing to have to look at on a walk, absolutely breathtaking. Hope you are gettting some sleep now.

kat: sounds like you did good at the OUTBACK. Good for you.

We are overcast today too, few showers here and there, and a breeze. But tomorrow is supposed to be really sunny and nice. I don't know what happened to spring? Don't think we had one here in Maine either this year, I hope summer starts soon.

Talk to you all later,
Sandy
Old 06-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry Good Morning

Thank you for that beautiful picture Amanda
I also had a great walk this morning, near the river where I live. It was so nice, I wanted to keep going but things were waiting for me when I got home. I did finally do a two mile walk though, as I feel so much better today.
I hope to be able to make it to my TOPS group meeting tomorrow, I really miss the support of my friends there.
If it wasn't for you all I would have no one to motivate me. THANK YOU 300+board buddies,

Last edited by joe anne; 06-09-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #7  

WARNING: kills your appetite! You know something's up when yours truly here has to force herself to eat even the smallest meal... !

It's beautiful today; partly sunny and 70 degrees. The cats had me up at 6:30 this morning; but it was too early for breakfast and I dozed back off after I fed them. Later in the morning I got up and while doing the laundry, I got in my walk (FINALLY!) I made a small lunch of 2 ounces of turkey breast on ONE slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon of Miracle Whip Light and a cup of fresh strawberries...which I managed to choke down. ( I guess I am nervous about Bri coming this weekend )

My neighbor lady had a patio table umbrella come through her storm door last night during the bad storms that swept through the area; thank goodness she wasn't home when it happened. Maintenace came this morning and put in a new screen for her and I FINALLY got my new blinds for the front window as well!

There were also a lot of power outages and trees down in the area as well from last night; but everything is about back to normal. Outside my poor neighbor's door, there wasn't much damage to speak of in our neighborhood.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:20 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all!

Today is election day and I'm just glad it's going to be over with. Still not sure if I want the responsibility this position will take to be done right. Being on the Board before, I have a clear picture of what it takes and I'm pretty happy with my couch potato life right now without adding this to screw things up!!!

I have been reading you guys all along. I'm sorry I don't have the time to jump in and reply to everyone. Sure are quite a few that are AWOL again. Summer brings that on some, but we have to be diligent in checking in or the thread will die. And after almost 3 years, we don't want that to happen.

I'm going to run. I still need to pick up the newspapers and clean up the kitchen. We're having a few people over to watch the numbers come in. DH says he wanted people around who would console me if I lose and him if I win! I guess that tells you where he's at in all this. Oh well. What will be, will be. Everything happens for a reason. It's out of my hands.

Hope to see you all later.

"If you've got nothing to lose, you can try everything." - Yiddish proverb
Old 06-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey all -

It's me...heh heh..I guess I'm back because I can't really afford weight watchers at the moment :-p.

I started on this weight watchers diet with my mom, and I've sort of hit a plateau..and even gained some weight...I know it sounds awful but I've been watching my mother lose and lose....the lucky broad gets to take medication that makes her lose her appetite.

Has anyone heard of that Leptoprin? I was considering taking some sort of pill to aid me in my slump ...Any suggestions or thoughts?

-Mel
Old 06-09-2003, 07:31 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

I just thought that I would share my work out with you guys...Pull up all the throw rugs in kitchen and bathroom, shake them out.
Sweep all the dog hair and dirt tracked in by said dog out of the kitchen. Scrub the kitchen floor. Since you have the mop and broom out, sweep and mop bathroom floor while rugs are washing. Vacuum living room, bedroom, and computer room. Ignore family room...too gross, needs it's own day. THEN, get your butt outside with the Shop Vac and vacuum the patio of all the maple leaf whirly birds. Then rake. Thenhoul some stuff out of the garage. Then haul it back in. Whew! A few calories burned... AND something to show for it!

Gotta get some sleep...
Old 06-09-2003, 08:56 PM   #11  

Good evening Chickies! Sounds like you all had a great weekend.

I finally tackled cleaning out the backyard shed - OMG what a mess. We unloaded a pick-up truck load of stuff. I left early this morning and got my grocery shopping done for the week. This was my top priority for the week. I'm just too tired after I leave work to shop and they are always restocking and cleaning the store at 3AM. Monday morning is best for me since I don't work on Sun night.

Tina - CONGRATS ON TONY'S WIN.

Sandy - good luck with your weigh-in.

Thin - good luck with the election; hope all of your hard work pays off.

I've got to get back to work; I will try to get back in here before I leave in the morning.

By the way, the lasagna was EXCELLENT.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

evening all Jusst popping in welcome back Mel
Wish you the best Thin.
Hi to everyone else
Old 06-09-2003, 09:48 PM   #13  

Kat - WHEW! what a workout I broke a sweat just reading about it!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:19 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
Popping in to say Good Evening to all! Today was a little hectic - I didn't go into work - I had to go to another training class for a software program that we are starting to use. After work Jeff and I ran some errands and stopped for dinner. Then I had a workout program similar to Kats as I tried to make some sense out of the chaos of the upstairs. It started with the dogs destroying a pillow and tracking pillow 'guts' everywhere, and ended with the entire upstairs being cleaned!

I got a new cookbook today that I am excited to start using - it's called "Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen" it's by Kathleen Daelemans who has a Cooking Lite show on the Food Network. Hopefully it will have some yummy new recipes. I'll be sure to share any good ones I come across.

I wish I had time to reply to everyone right now, but I've gotta get some sleep!

Sweet Dreams to all!
Love,
Barb
Old 06-09-2003, 10:35 PM   #15  

Just checking in for the evening.

Food today was great...even if I did have to choke it down

The rest of the day was spent weeding the flower garden; my marigolds have finally bloomed! YAY! Then it was brush the cats, feed the cats, cook my dinner (fish, green beans, cottage cheese, and strawberries in skim milk for dessert), go work out for 45 minutes (up from 30 ), shower, shave, shampoo, retouch my roots and give myself a facial.

My goodness Steph, you have had a busy one too! My walk in closet is a disaster; when I get some ambition to get it done (or there is an avalanche in there ), it needs organized seriously.

Hi Barb and everyone else! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Closed Thread