Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily Chat Monday July 18

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

Well as of today, I am officially in the 150s, with less then 20 pounds to goal

I can't believe how awesome IP has been for me!!!

Hope you all have a great start to your week.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post

Congrats!

Happy Monday!

I'm usually glad to get back to work on Mondays, but this week I wouldn't mind Monday off I usually struggle with the urge to eat all weekend, but it's been so obscenely hot that eating just isn't attractive. I could use one more day to finish some of the projects i didn't complete this weekend!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by M0vingon; 07-18-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

I had a great weekend until last night....I had some ice cream (my first cheat). My significant other bought it and it's my weakness. Needless to say, he will not be bringing it home again until I can get my food under control. Here's to staying OP this week!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
Congrats MInewgoal!

Wow, I am still exhausted from my excursion to NYC. These wedding are so tricky! I stayed OP for the most part, but definitely didn't get enough veggies in....and now I am paying for it (big C). Went out to eat 3 times and thankfully, almost all of the places had turkey burgers lol. Man, one NSV, lunch Saturday my turkey burger had fries on the plate and I did not even touch one! whee. I would have devoured those in my old hay day lol. So we move on. No more weddings for me until October thank goodness. We did a ton of walking all through central park Saturday, so that was great, but I believe I am only down about a pound. We'll see tonight at WI#10.
hope everyone has a terrific day!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
I had a great weekend until last night....I had some ice cream (my first cheat). My significant other bought it and it's my weakness. Needless to say, he will not be bringing it home again until I can get my food under control. Here's to staying OP this week!!!!
My husband had 2 ice cream cones the other night and I just wanted to slap him! In all honesty I had a protein bar and was content. I sometimes think this diet would be much easier if I didn't have a husband and 2 kids to feed and who bring things I can't have into the house but it's not them that needs to lose weight I guess.

Still 100% OP here. I did the dreaded and weighed myself this morning again. I wasn't supposed to do that! I am up 1lb from yesterday and wishing I hadn't peeked. I REALLY want to make it to 15lbs for my first month and am doing everything I can to get there.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #7  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning from Sunny Port Hardy..yay for sun..

Well...what a bad night last night..We were invited out for dinner with another couple on a double date..and we had a babysitter..I set myself up for failure..It started with a gluten free pizza and ended with more than one nanaimo bar...Henceforth equaling= UGH..er...owww..Barf...Oka..so i havent barfed yet..but i definitly feel like i could..and it doesnt help that im battling the big C today..which is suprising cause i havent been until now...so thats not helping me feel any better...So i jumped on my scale..saw it move two pounds up and called it for what it was...a really bad night..more like..a bad afternoon..I was angry..and unfourtunately..when i get angry..or upset..i still have a hard time not eating my feelings..im trying to work on it...Im thankful that it wasnt the 6 donuts that i thought i was going to go out and buy and binge on...but still..two nanaimo bars arent the best for you and a gluten free pizza that has low carb toppings...still not a diet food.. So this weeks goal is going to be " Learning how to express emotions instead of eating them"... I need to find better coping techniques if i want to continue to lose weight..

Truth be told.. i feel really embarresed and actually...humiliated to have to come on here and admit to what i did last night..because i feel like you guys wont think im serious about losing weight...cause really i am..but like a lot of other people..im struggling to change the issues behind the eating patterns..its not enough to just change my diet..i have to change how i do things..and learning to feel things instead of eating things is something that still has to be worked on...
So anyway..to everyone else..hope you have a good day..and i will see you in the 100% OP thread
Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all!!!!! Snuck on the scale and say another 2 lbd lose!!! Yay!!! But I did have a tantrum this morning cause I slept in and then none of my clothes fit!!!! So basically I savaged my way through my closet in a hunt to find clothes that fit, but then I had to remind myself that this was a good thing rather than changing a hundred times cause the clothes don't fit..... AhhhhWells!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/184/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Congrats!
What a fantastic way to start the week!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Ohh Monday Weigh ins. I find myself really committed on weekends because my weigh ins are on Monday. If you cheat it shows. I look forward to weighing in. I love watching the pounds come off!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 211.4/204.4/140

Week 2 and was down 3 this morning. A little disappointed. Did a workout last night though and a wee bit sore this morning so maybe retaining a little bit of water. Didn't cheat all week so I was definitely expecting more. A loss regardless! Feels good to be working out again. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #12  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:

Congratulations!!! What a great way to start the week... I just looked at your goal weight (again) and realized that we started IP right around the same weight. I was 218 at my heaviest ever, 204.5 when I started IP...

I visit the doctor (monthly with him) AND my coach today. I need to discuss my goal. Part of me wants to go to Phase 2 today and go another 5 lbs... I still have juggly bits, though, and saw pictures of myself from yesterday. While I still look amazing compared to how I used to look, I still (objectively) have more fat to lose. I am considering moving my goal weight down again. At first, my goal weight was 155. That is what I weighed in high school and I was a 6 (sometimes a 4). I weighed myself this morning and I was at 154.5... While this is HUGE, it's those 20 years since high school that make me look different, even though I am now at the same weight. I will keep everyone posted on what I decide to do. For now, I'm thinking "why not finish this thing and just look absolutely stunning!"... That would mean another 10-15 lbs off, I think.

So... Minewgoal. I might be joining you with a 140 goal weight. I'll let you know!

EDITING - just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 07-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #13  
IP started 4/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congratulations!!! What a great way to start the week... I just looked at your goal weight (again) and realized that we started IP right around the same weight. I was 218 at my heaviest ever, 204.5 when I started IP...

I visit the doctor (monthly with him) AND my coach today. I need to discuss my goal. Part of me wants to go to Phase 2 today and go another 5 lbs... I still have juggly bits, though, and saw pictures of myself from yesterday. While I still look amazing compared to how I used to look, I still (objectively) have more fat to lose. I am considering moving my goal weight down again. At first, my goal weight was 155. That is what I weighed in high school and I was a 6 (sometimes a 4). I weighed myself this morning and I was at 154.5... While this is HUGE, it's those 20 years since high school that make me look different, even though I am now at the same weight. I will keep everyone posted on what I decide to do. For now, I'm thinking "why not finish this thing and just look absolutely stunning!"... That would mean another 10-15 lbs off, I think.

So... Minewgoal. I might be joining you with a 140 goal weight. I'll let you know!
We are also the same height..I just didn't put the .5 in, cuz I was lazy when I set it up.

But I do know where you are coming from. I have been waffling about the 140 myself. I never would have dreamed I'd get into an 8 and think...I'm not small enough yet, but here I am. Will a size 6 make me happy? I doubt it, but why do I feel the need to be in a 4? Maybe it's just that I'm comfortable on this diet..and don't want to go back to the way it was????

Really....when I look in the mirror I focus on the jiggly overextended stomach skin from my years of abuse, and the fat arms that I still have. If those things would just disappear, maybe I could look at the rest of me objectively, but I can't. They are what draws my eyes..and I can't see past them.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  
IP started 4/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

EDITING - just realized that, although I weighed this morning without clothes so this won't be official... 154.5 puts me at 50 lbs lost since starting IP, and 63.5 lbs down from my heaviest weight.
that's absolutely awesome !!!! Great job!!!

Last edited by MInewgoal; 07-18-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

What uplifting posts. Everyone seems to be doing well. I am on the plan three weeks as of today and am down 19 lbs. I am happy with that, but of course it never happens fast enough. I have so much to lose that I don't really look any better yet and people aren't noticing. I wonder how much I have to lose before I start looking thinner?
Closed Thread