Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Christian Encouragers ~ JULY

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-11-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Quote:
Thank you for the prayers for Trent, He is a nice 2 year old boy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his dad didn't see him and ran into him with the lawn tractor. He has severe injuries to his leg,liver small intestant and stomach. Its a mirical he made it this far and has been upgraded from critical to serious but still in intensive care. If he is stable enough at the end of the week he will be flown from albany med to boston childrens hospital to try and repair the damage and save his leg. So please continue to keep him in your prayers. And especially pray for is dad who is sick with guilt. Thanks
^MORE PRAYERS^ going up for little TRENT and his parents, esp his DAD for peace & comfort during this time ...

Well, it's JULY now and the weather is following suit for sure; thank goodness for the lovely breeze we have today. It is still a gorgeous Sunday regardless and my large BLUEBELLS are blooming in our side garden now; this is the first time they have bloomed and they are beautiful (have to take a picture of them).

Well, PTL & thanks for all your prayers ~ the kiddies have found a really nice house just around the corner from ours and have already moved in. They just have some extra stuff in the yard & shed that they need to dispose of yet, but they have for the rest of the month of July to do that.

We got a lovely surprise when we went over to see them ... we discovered that there is not only one large pink Lilac bush in the front, but there is also a nice purple Lilac bush on the right side of the house as well -- and there are some more light Pink Peonies in the side gardens as well. In the front garden, there are two Hot Pink Peony bushes, plus piles of Lilies (maybe some tiger lilies too) and a few other perennials as well. The whole front of the house is covered with bushes & flowers!

The pink Lilac bush blooms first, then when it is done,the purple one blooms. I was so happy to see that since I lost one of my Lilac bushes up at the camping lot (they were the same colors too). I am gonna transplant a couple of the whiter Speria bushes to our house along with the other flower bushes & perennial plants that did well too i.e. the Daylilies, Irises, Bluebells, and Bee Balm, etc.

BARGOO ~ just one more month and we are moving; can't wait, but I know we have 'ta ...

GARY ~ glad you are back; hope you & Angela had a nice trip. Prayers went up for your step-daughter & all the firemen & volunteer helpers aiding to eliminate those fires. We battle those things in Canada too, so we send up prayers for our firemen & police officers regularly. I have a cousin who is a RCMP officer, so we pray for them as well.

GOOD NEWS & MORE GOOD NEWS ~ My uncle Garnet is doing well and is back home this week ... and, I finally got my new(er) PC! Thanks to NUMPSTER, my brother (who you have prayed for many times), and my BIL for their hard work and generosity; and my DAD & Stepmother for bringing it up for me too. I will be trying it out later on tonight, but the High-Speed Internet will be hooked up on July 11th; then we should really roll ...

Hope you are all enjoying your summer and this lovely Sunday ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie and I are just hanging around the house this 4th of July afternoon. We had our big party on Saturday then yesterday after church Angie went and bought a new car. She is spending time with her head in the manual and looking online for "goodies" like ramp for the dogs etc.

We will have some killer burgers later and I will also have a Nathans hot dog...something I can't resist after watching the hot dog eating contest each year on espn

Our trip up to Downieville to see my stepdaughter and her Americorp firebreak team went excellent! We had so much fun as well as going through California wine country Napa Valley on the way home and seeing my niece at the winery she works at. We sampled and bought some great wine at awesome family discounts she was able to give. In fact her boss even discounted what she was able to give us

It was a great trip with my wife, we did alot of hiking and walking and visiting in 8 days. We even had dinner in Yuba City with 13 of her family one night.

I am still off work next week so I can check in ...until then
Old 07-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ well, I am finally using my new(er) PC and am on high-speed internet ... woweeeee ... is this ever fast compared to my old one!!!

Just had to find all my favorites again, that's all. So this should be a much better internet experience for me -- especially for the posting & emailing.

Hope you all are having a good July; the temps have cooled off a bit for us this past week. It is a bit humid but cooler, just the same; and I have my de-humidifier on, which helps a lot.

DH is busy helping a friend again this week; I will forge ahead with the packing. I'm actually having to search for stuff to pack now; but that's a good thing. The place is looking a mite bare, but I don't mind.

Time to go have some lunch and then send out some emails ... have a great day! Rosebud

PS ~ there's some updates and a new prayer request in the PRAYER WARRIOR'S thread ... thanx!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-11-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Thought I would let everyone know I am still around. Up and down and up and down lol. Well after 1,000's of dollars in tests they know WHAT ISN'T wrong with me lol. After about a billion pills and pokes I am back on track lol. Yes, I was bigger than ever but with God's help and less meads lol I am going in the right direction. In the last three months God has covered my mouth enough for me to take off 18 pounds. Yup, pretty much right where I started 4 years ago but I am going to get where I want to be because Jesus isn't going to let me let myself down. Going to get there, going to get there, going to get there. Giving up isn't something I believe in !

Last edited by Shy Moment; 07-12-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HI SHY ~ BACK ... I was thinking about you recently and sent up a wee prayer that all was well with you. I was thinking myself about how my journey is taking a long time, but the LORD keeps telling me ... just keep going; it is working; just keep going ...

I keep telling DH -- "I may be slow, but I don't walk backwards" ... Abe Lincoln said that; now I do too ...

I tried on some clothes recently and can fit into size 18 tops now; that is a milestone. I still take a bigger size on the bottom becuz of my tummy, but I'm still working on that part. The stomach is the hardest and takes the longest, they say ... oh well.

The other day, a lady I know asked me if I was going to have more children; I know she was just being mean. If people think by talking like that, the fat will just melt away with their words, they are fools (becuz if that worked, it would have happened a long time ago). You know, I just laughed and didn't get upset one bit -- PTL, for that marvellous victory!

I think GOD has a great sense of humor; I didn't have children, I just look like I might ... constantly! I know now that GOD LOVES ME, just the way I am; and I praize GOD for my tummy now and gave it to JESUS to do with what He will. It's in HIS hands now ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-12-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My children are grown but I have a dog , took him for a walk this morning , tripped and fell flat on my face on the sidewalk. A neighbor took me to ER and I got 9 stitches on my face, starting on my eyelid and going down my cheek. I am going to have a black eye , for sure, right now my eye is almost swollen shut.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #8  
Rosebud

BARGOO ~ OUCHY, OUCH ... sorry to hear about that fall; sending up prayers for a quick healing and no scars ...
Old 07-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #9  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just
You are always what I need. I don't come around and I hear you calling.

Bargoo
Darn sorry to hear about your fall. Please take care of yourself

Had to go have breathing tests done today so I though well heck why not stop for a weigh in. Lost another 2 pounds.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #10  
Rosebud

SHY ~ congrats on losing 2 more lbs -- that has to be very encouraging for you ... glad you found the method that works for you!

Had a good day; eating was good too. Since we've been having such high temps lately, and our kitchen gets the hot western sun, I decided to switch our lunches & dinners (supper). Today, I made Beef Stroganoff in the AM and we had it around 1 pm. Then we had a very lite cool dinner; and I had salad with mine. This is working out well for us. Some say that it may even help with weight-loss; if I notice any difference, I may switch more often.

Had to go to the lawyers today so they could straighten a "name legality" -- seems some computers were dropping off some of the letters in my name, so had to get that fixed up pronto. Otherwise, just did stuff around here.

Wow, it is so much easier to come in here than before; just takes a few minutes now. Just finished another small book; more fluff fun. Time to get off to bed pretty soon though ...

Hope you all have a good week ... Rosebud
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I promise to catch up tomorrow!

been with that GRANDdaughter....
Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I hope everyone is doing well. We have happy evening planned, our GRANDdaughter is getting baptised tonight at church...my son and dil wanted to do it at the Saturday evening service....less people and they are worried she may throw a ....

Our Pastor baptised our GRANDdaughter's daddy as an infant and her mommy as an adult, a few years ago, plus he marrried her parents so this will be very for our family

We will meet at their home after service. I made a hamburger chili and a turkey chili, Angie made a veggie chili to feed the masses.

be back.....computer glitch to check on
Old 07-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Heck I don't know what is going on here. I type then the computer freezes and then it picks up again add all the words I typed but didn't see come up on the page...strange.

Anyway, all is well here. The weather has been real nice and Angie and I have been getting our walks in. Unfortunately I have not lost weight. Being on vacation I haven't burned too many calories and we have been going out to lunch a few days a week to places we don't usually get to go to because we both are working.

Angie has us eating a lot more veggies as she is "pushing" us towards...but not into...vegetarianism

I do go back to work on Monday for a short while but we are picking up and the future looks semi-optimistic for our company's near future. I sure have enjoyed the time off...much needed plus I had time with my wife....usually it seems when I am off she is working and vice-versa since she is always off during the summer biggest work times in construction.

Well I will check back in later.....
Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #14  
Rosebud

GARY ~ ya, that was happening to me too; I thought it was just me -- that I was just typing too fast. In college, that happened to me a lot and the PC would send out a protesting "buz", so my teacher said that she had to up the speed for me. It kept doing that, so she told me to slow down ... Seems to be OK right now -- in this post, so maybe they fixed it for us.

How did the baptism go; did she get upset over water being sprinkled on her head? Some babies don't like that at all; others, sleep through it. Hope it all went well and your family had a nice time together.

It was very here today ... 90F in the shade, no less; supposed to be tomorrow too, but some should roll in here too. I'll take the to cool things down; as we have both air conditioners going tonight to cool the place off -- good thing it's half price in the off hours.

Had good day & week; eating is going well. I am now starting to pack the xtra food and the clothes and boots & stuff -- I'm glad we are getting down to the nitty=gritty here. Less than two weeks to go ... the clock is ticking.

Hope everyone here are managing to stand the heat this summer; and that the fires are out in the south. Just finished a story about the Marines: a romance within the ranks so2speak, but the author did get some advice from them about it and admitted to taking some licence with the story, but it was still fun anyways.

Well, it's time to "hit the hay" -- boy, time flies when you are on here ... have a super Sunday ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-17-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi GALS ~

The baptism went well GRANDdaughter was a perfect angel ...for the most part....she did raise a little fuss before she was sprinkled with water but as soon as she got wet it redirected her mood back to happy

Had a nice dinner at my son's house after, I made a beef and a turkey chili and Angie made a veggie one. The kids also had sandwich fixins and other delights. There was 27 family members in all for the wonderful occasion.

My daughter in law told me afterward that she started to cry when it was all over and she was back in the pew. She said that it really sunk in after what I meant when I had told her several times prior that it would be the most important day of my GRANDdaughter's life!

Well Ladies I will probably be gone most of the week at work so until then my prayers are with you all!
Closed Thread