Old 07-15-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Ugh. Company is interfering with my Plan.

So we have the in-laws visiting from out of state this week and I'm simply eating more than I need to. It's ridiculous. Here's the thing....Whenever I usually feel slightly hungry I eat a few peanuts to take the edge off. It only takes a small serving (measured out). I think of it as medicine, for it isn't always tasty and I do it when I get the hungry sensation, but fills me slightly. This helps me to not be so completely starving when it's time to eat. Then I'm able to eat in moderation.

With company here, I get so easily distracted that I'm simply not thinking ahead. I'm so frustrated. I hate to see days go by where I'm not on target. And I certainly hate to waste a whole week where I could be making progress. I'm just frustrated and discouraged that something so simple as company is interfering with my health. I'm such a weakling. What happens when something really major occurs in my life? Will I gain all the weight back?

I was so excited to show off my new way of eating. I'm such a dork.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 AM   #2  

Here's a question: What could I do that would constantly remind me of the necessity to lose this weight and be mindful of EVERY meal? When I think of my kids and the progress of made and where I want to be, then I'm mindful (obviously). But, I'm not a multi-tasker and am easily distracted, so thinking about the seriousness of my weight issues does not always come to mind when I'm busy or company is here, etc. I don't know if I need to wear a bracelet or see a picture or what.

Frustrated. I feel extra heavy tonight. *sigh*
Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 AM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

A picture of you at your highest on the fridge maybe? or in your wallet. Just a thought I totally know what you mean though when I go to other peoples houses I get thrown COMPLETELY off track :\
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 AM   #4  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Mirrors. Everywhere. I've got one on my fridge so I can see my double chin every time I open it. I'm dead serious. Put a full length mirror somewhere you walk in the house frequently.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #5  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Sometimes I'll write a symbol or word on the back of my dominant hand between my pointer and thumb fingers. It sounds weird, but I see it every time I reach for some food and it reminds me. Now, it doesn't have to be large - just noticeable for me.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I recently spent 4 days visiting relatives. It certainly is a bigger challenge to stay OP when your routine is disrupted. Here are my hints:

* If they already know you're dieting, ask for their help. Ask for help in planning meals and for help in reminding you - in the kindest manner possible! - to stay OP.
* Plan ahead - harder than it sounds, I know - but you can do this.
* Make one choice at a time - not a whole day - just one choice.
* Instead of just peanuts, you might try grapes or berries, too. Try freezing the grapes - SOOO good.

Good luck - stay with it. I know what you mean about wasting a week where you might have been losing - keep that in mind and you'll get through this. Maybe that should be the phrase you but on the refrigerator - big and bold:

I COULD BE LOSING!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 07-15-2011 at 07:30 AM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #7  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I actually really like the idea of a bracelet or mark on your dominant hand as a quiet but very visable reminder of your journey. There's one member I know that got a charm bracelet and her 10lb loss reward is buying a new charm. Seems like that would be a very visual reminder to be appreciative of the charms you've already got dangling there and would be encouragement to get more!
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone. I woke up 3 1/2 pounds heavier this a.m. Some water weight I'm sure, but still. I've been going down consistently for weeks. I love the idea of a bracelet or something.

By the way, I did tell my company about ma plan (which really is just eat what I want but less of it, all while counting calories). Now I just look stupid that I haven't kept to it. So typical of me.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Here's a cool thing about eating distractedly with company - you won't remember what you ate anyway. I found I could order veggies that I don't even like at a restaurant meal with friends because frankly they "tasted" the same as eating the fries.

At home dinner I can serve myself a tiny amount and walk away from the dinner feeling the same as if I had a large serving. We're so busy visiting that I eat whatever amount is on my plate and feel satisfied.

I hope this makes sense so you can use it.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #10  

Hi,

Thanks! Yes, that kind of does make sense! So I guess I need to enjoy the visiting more than the food! : )

I've had a great morning so far and went grocery shopping to plan out the rest of the day and next few days. Praying I can lose something this week!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 AM   #11  

OK, our company needs to leave. I am too weak at this point to have anything interfere with my new eating plan.

I'm getting worried that I really, really can't do this.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvaliscious View Post
OK, our company needs to leave. I am too weak at this point to have anything interfere with my new eating plan.

I'm getting worried that I really, really can't do this.
Stop thinking like that! You CAN and WILL do this! You have to believe you can, have confidence in yourself and your plan. Think strong, think positive, quit with the negative thoughts.
Hugs.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #13  

Thanks! I need to be reminded that it is possible to lose it on my own. This is not going to be easy and I worry I'm going to give in to my head. It was a better day. My MIL made Oreo truffles. That's just wrong. I had just one. Luckily they are rich, so I'm good.

Thank you again!!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

First off, shame on your MIL for making such a treat when she knows you are trying to stay away from high calorie foods.

Secondly - you can do whatever you put your mind to doing. When we were growing up we would get weekend visits from my aunt and uncle and their son who lived in a different town. The son was about the same age as my brother and me so we were expected to hang with him, but he was awful to play with. My parents bribed us with the promise of a trip to the toy department at Woolworths (shows how old I am!) if we just coped for the few days they'd be around. We KNEW this was a REALLY BIG DEAL because my parents never offered bribes - especially for what they saw as just normal good behavior. Well, we accepted the bribe and would come away with some new treasure after they left. Those toys were prized because of how they were attained. Give yourself a bribe. Cope for these few days, and then go get whatever you bribed yourself with! New earrings? Book? Something that will remind you that YOU DID IT every time you use it.

Lin - You can get through this.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

For me, everything is mind over matter. The only reminder I have ever used is that I am working on becoming a healthy person, so everything I put in my mouth is a choice: is this a healthy decision, or am I going back to my old, horrible, knee-jerk it's-there-so-I-will-eat-it mindset. I am being the person I want to become with every bite I do or don't take. This mindset has worked for me regardless if I am out to eat, out of town, or with other people. Perhaps that frame of thought might be helpful to you.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote