Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 7/11 - 7/17

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-17-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #2  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Thus far I've lost 13# over the last 54 days with dietary change alone and some leisurely walks along the beach :-)

For breakfast I have a grain (oatmeal/grits), fruit and some sort of protein(eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt. milk)

For lunch, over the last 54 days I have sucessfully avoided the daily catered lunches (anything from thai food to pizza 5 days a week)! Big accomplishment! I prepare my food for the week (which I am doing now) and freeze it....grab and go in the mornings...I do utilize the catered salad...for lunch I have vegetables, protein (meat or beans) and a large salad

I have the same thing for dinner!

I get my carbs through the veggies and fruit!

This is a well balanced diet according to FitDay and usually about 1500 calories.

avoid the all or nothing mentality of eating healthy

I'm not where I want to be....but I am definitely not where I used to be...

everyone has to suffer 1 of 2 things, the pain the discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment....

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)

Good luck to everyone...

LGW

Last edited by LGW; 07-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/ 218/ 175

Height: 5'4

alaskanlaughter that sounds like a good plan. When I get stressed I of course like to eat. Hope everything goes well with your husband.

berry hate to hear your little guy still has a fever. I know it is stressful to have a sick little one.

shishkeberry glad you got a bunch of veggies, I just can't make myself eat them. But I do love a carb loaded white potato. Does that count as a veggie?

k9owner drinks by the pool sounds like heaven!!!

abbeysue great attitude, tomorrow is a new day

jeniansmom I know how it is with checking your blood sugar, your numbers sound great.

Gotta go the 12 yr old needs me now, but of course she can't tell me what she wants, I just have to follow her...
sukale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #4  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

@sukale: Potatos are my weakness. Mashed, baked...mmm...

I had a decent day. Had Special K cereal for breakfast, pizza rolls for lunch (I worked it into my diet, had been craving em for a week since my mom got em). Had salmon and rice for dinner. And two oreo cookies for a snack. Not the healthiest day, but when I added it up it was 958 calories. I don't like being that low, but I'm not hungry. Otherwise I'd have some popcorn.

I also took two walks, both for an hour with the dog. Total of 6 miles. Both of us enjoyed it greatly.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgibson View Post
And two oreo cookies for a snack.
Speaking of oreos, they were on sale and I got them for my kids (I know, not the best snack, but not something they get regularly either). They had the strawberry milkshake flavor, so I got it. I decided to have one yesterday (very, very rare for me to grab a sweet, but I wanted to try it as I've never had that flavor before). Just ONE and later I looked up the calories on the back of the package and about fell over. How can ONE tiny cookie have 75 calories? I used to eat an entire package of oreos in one day - by myself! Ack!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #6  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Everyone,
I have returned, lets hope with a vengeance. Life hit me pretty hard this past week and blah blah blah, I stop all semblance of taking care of myself, both physically and mentally. But life is like a horse, you fall off you get right back on. I did the thing we all do "I'll start tomorrow." today, but when I think back at what today was like I did pretty good. It was the first day I didn't pig out or eat sweets (cake especially) and it was the first day since last Saturday that I worked out (lawn work). So I've got a lot of catching up to do. I haven't weighed myself, ha, I haven't even looked at the scale even once...how weird. Tomorrow.
I didn't even turn on my computer the whole week so I haven't a clue on how you all are.
I did just read that berry's little one has a fever. I hope he gets better soon.
LGW great job on the 13# down. Keep up the great work.
mlgibson how on earth did you get pizza rolls in and still come up short on calories. Awesome
sukale I hope that whatever it was that you 12 yr old needed didn't have anything to do with bugs. My kids always say "Come here" when it's a bug. Otherwise they just say it.

Well I hate to say it, but it looks like I'm going low carb. In all honesty, blah, my doctors do know whats best. I've been tested so many stinking ways for Celiac's Disease and although every test has come up negative I have all the signs and symptoms and my Gastroenterologist swears I have it. Whenever I've been on no gluten I always feel better and so low carb will help my tummy troubles. My shrink swears if I cut out all the simple sugars I'll be able to keep my moods from swinging and after this week I suspect that might be just the route for me. I hate low carb but I know it works so I will do my best. That means I have to help out in the kitchen. Look at me, I already found three recipes and we got a membership at BJ's so I can stock up.
I hope you are all doing well. Take care and stay healthy
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Speaking of oreos, they were on sale and I got them for my kids (I know, not the best snack, but not something they get regularly either). They had the strawberry milkshake flavor, so I got it. I decided to have one yesterday (very, very rare for me to grab a sweet, but I wanted to try it as I've never had that flavor before). Just ONE and later I looked up the calories on the back of the package and about fell over. How can ONE tiny cookie have 75 calories? I used to eat an entire package of oreos in one day - by myself! Ack!!!!
I never had that flavor, and yeah, they are high in calories! And like you, I used to eat nearly or the whole package. When I was in college and got upset I'd go out and buy a package, and eat them all within a few hours. I also used to do that with big bags of puff cheetos.
So I actually had this proud moment while I was munching on one, and then the other later on...I was happy with just that little treat. I felt no need like I had in the past to binge on them, to grab the milk and go, lol.

Go us!

And mamakat, it said one serving was six, at 170 calories. I just factored that in to my day. It was alot less calories then I expected, though the carbs and fat don't help anything, lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i know i'm getting worried about tomorrow's surgery for DH...ive been cleaning alot today...i tend to do that when i'm nervous or worried...all the laundry is done....the kitchen is clean...i've tried a new low carb recipe and it's in the oven...i've baked low carb pumpkin pie...ive gone to the store twice today...i took the sheets off the bed to wash...i'm airing out the rooms...i need to clean son's room up next and put the last load in the dryer...

when we had custody of our teenager niece and she was running away all the time and skipping school.....i think my house was SPOTLESS! LOL!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #9  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hello! i'm trying to go lower on my calories this week to make room for my birthday dinner on wednesday. I haven't had chicken a la king on tater tots in so long and I'm really looking forward to it. Is that bad? To look forward to a meal so much? Ah well, I'm doing it anyway! Have a good week, everyone!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #10  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it hasn't rained in my rainforest for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! it's even sunny today and 68 degrees out...that is a HOT day for us here in alaska....i had to wait for it to cool off so i could go for a bike ride...which is why it's 7:30 p.m. and i'm just getting out to my bike lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
it hasn't rained in my rainforest for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! it's even sunny today and 68 degrees out...that is a HOT day for us here in alaska....i had to wait for it to cool off so i could go for a bike ride...which is why it's 7:30 p.m. and i'm just getting out to my bike lol
Wow...you'd hate it here in Florida then! 96 degrees today and high humidty. I'd be cold in your version of hot!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #12  
BlockHead =)

alaskan: good luck on your DH's surgery today, I'll be thinking of you both

berry: I hope your son is continuing to feel better. My son is 13 and on the spectrum, you have my sympathy with trying to get meds in. Mine is fine with them now but when he was younger it was such a battle.

I toughed it out yesterday and had a pretty good day overall. Even took some time to prepare some healthy foods ahead for the week. Made a new low carb dessert that everyone loved. It was very sweet. It felt like cheating but it wasn't. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It used lf coolwhip so not the most natural, healthy product on the planet, but it satisfied.

I've been on a kick lately of watching those hoarding shows. I used to watch Clean House all the time and get organizing tips and motivation from that. The hoarding shows are not so feel good, but they do suck me in. Watching one last night the therapist working with the woman was making her identify her feelings and repeat them over and over. (The woman felt she was robbing her children of a normal life with her hoarding, so she had to say over and over "I'm robbing the children, I'm robbing the children"). I found myself almost in tears watching. The therapist was talking about how she needed to learn to sit with her negative feelings, to feel them and not numb them/stuff them down by buying more stuff. That is something I so need to learn to do. And to not let the negative feeling bring me to a state of panic. It's interesting to draw the parallels. Thin people look at me and they don't know how I could let myself go like this. People with a normal house look at the hoard and don't know how they could let it get so bad. Both are about emotions and a dysfunctional way of dealing with them. It seems any activity can be taken to an extreme and used as a way to self medicate. I find it fascinating. And daunting. How does one unlearn such deep rooted habits so connected to emotional need. How does one replace them on an instinctual level with healthier coping mechanisms.

Oh! I almost forgot...at the risk of jinxing myself...I think there is a very good chance I will be under 260 by my official Friday weigh in day! The scale has been moving steadily downward. Woohoo!

Happy, healthy Monday to all!

Last edited by jeniansmom; 07-11-2011 at 06:28 AM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #13  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great week!

Ugh! Sodium! I am up about 1.8 pounds in the last couple of days. I know I didn't eat 7000 calories worth of mixed nuts on Friday night! It has got to be the sodium. Evil stuff! I bought some packaged salmon burgers from the grocery store. I had that for dinner last night. The calories/protein are great, but I think the sodium was a little high. They may have had some MSG, too. They don't always list MSG as such, they have other names for it. I have a list of the names for MSG, but haven't looked at the list and compared the box.

I am wanting my weight to be on the lower side this week because I will be going to the Japanese restaurant and this weekend is my birthday. I don't want to have to count the calories in my birthday cake.

It doesn't matter where you are in your weight loss journey. If you are in maintenance or if you are actively losing, we all have to deal with the same issues.

Weigh In: 144.6
Up: 1 pound

alaskanlaughter I will keep your DH in my thoughts and prayers today. Please update us when you can.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #14  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey guys! I'm proud to say that I was able to stick with it! I tracked everything yesterday and came in at 1400 calories. I also drank all my water. Must have been just what I needed, because I weighed in at 167 this AM.

Today is my first day as a stay at home mommy.

Wow, I loved, loved, loved typing that.
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Hey guys! I'm proud to say that I was able to stick with it! I tracked everything yesterday and came in at 1400 calories. I also drank all my water. Must have been just what I needed, because I weighed in at 167 this AM.

Today is my first day as a stay at home mommy.

Wow, I loved, loved, loved typing that.
Still Congrats on your weigh in and for the stay at home mommy "status".