Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default Limit on use or amount of WF?

I am so excted that I have a chocolate proti cake to make up and I'm planning on adding a little chocolate, carmel and marshmallow WF dips to it. I seem to reallly NEED a sweet snack at night, but I wondered just how much of the WF is ok so I don't over do it.

any thoughts?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfect View Post
I am so excted that I have a chocolate proti cake to make up and I'm planning on adding a little chocolate, carmel and marshmallow WF dips to it. I seem to reallly NEED a sweet snack at night, but I wondered just how much of the WF is ok so I don't over do it.

any thoughts?
are you sitting down??? you will NOT believe me when I tell you what my coach told me this is her words " you can have the WHOLE bottle if you want!!!"..is that crazy or what? I would never eat the WHOLE bottle but you can't over do it! (according to my coach anyways).....lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #3  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

See this doesnt make sense to me..Cause..people are saying that Splenda is limited to a few packs a day..but all the Walden Farms products use lots of splenda..so you would think that it would be limited to an extent..

Lets put it this way: Anything with splenda..can add up to a carb..my suggestion is..just dont overdo it.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #4  

I agree with what Porthardygurl said... the carbs in Splenda do add up & how much you should use or shouldn't use will depend on how well your own body tolerates/reacts to that... I myself have stopped all Splenda -- WF, DaVinci, etc -- because I've discovered even a little seems to evoke an insulin response... a couple of months ago, I took it to heart that since they said 0 everything, I could have as much as I wanted & increased my consumption of DaVinci syrups about fourfold... I ended up gaining back about 8 lbs... as soon as I stopped the WF & DaVinci products, I started losing again... I still haven't got back down to where I was, so it just wasn't worth it to me... it might not do that to you, so only you can do "due dilegence" when it comes to any Splenda transaction...

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but I hope that helps...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 07-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Everything in moderation is the key here I think. You can overdo anything, no matter how harmless, if you abuse it. It is like exercise or water: They are both really good for you, but too much can hurt you if you go overboard. (Not meant to be a drowning pun... lol)
WF and DaVinci are great to help you stick to the diet and not feel deprived, but I don't think I would use them more than what is strictly necessary.
Listen to your body. I think some people could probably down a whole bottle and not be affected at all, while others may be more sensitive to it. Try and use them just as much as you need to be content, and see if it affects your loss. Then adjust accordingly.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well I didn't mean to eat the whole bottle, just letting her know what my coach said. I agree everything is in moderation and would never want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. I am sorry if that is what came across in my post.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well I didn't mean to eat the whole bottle, just letting her know what my coach said. I agree everything is in moderation and would never want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. I am sorry if that is what came across in my post.
We know!..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #8  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

My coach told me the same thing. Eat as much WF as you want ..no limits.
I have been wondering the same thing about amounts. So far using WF in moderation has not hurt my weight loss at all. I really enjoy using the products to jazz up meals.
The only thing that I oddly deal with, is feeling like I am going off by having the caramel sauce...even though I know logically I am not.
I would watch your loss and cut back on WF if you see a problem.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
My coach told me the same thing. Eat as much WF as you want ..no limits.
I have been wondering the same thing about amounts. So far using WF in moderation has not hurt my weight loss at all. I really enjoy using the products to jazz up meals.
The only thing that I oddly deal with, is feeling like I am going off by having the caramel sauce...even though I know logically I am not.
I would watch your loss and cut back on WF if you see a problem.
I use the caramel every morning in my coffee and I was wondering after reading this if that's a problem. I've got a few other things I'm focusing on this week but if nothing works I will cut that back too.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #10  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I often have crepes in the morning and use the WF syrup. I also use the WF salad dressings everyday. I would say the caramel sauce is ok..unless your loss slows down. I love caramel..and I think the reason that I felt guilty about eating it, is that it reminded me of previous years of eating caramel sauce on ice cream. If you look at the recipes lots of people are drinking coffee with caramel or chocolate sauce.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Oh we know. You are doing SO well... somehow I can't see you downing a whole bottle of chocolate or caramel.
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I just use the serving size, so I guess that is moderation
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote