Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #258 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Beautiful day up here today & hoping for a great long weekend.

I am going to my trailer and over weekend will spend time with dd & my
cousin/her hubby and they are bringing their company who are visiting
from England. So lots of things happening over the holiday.

Pat - welcome to our wonderful group of ladies. Jump in & get to know everyone!

Princess - glad you are on track & heres hoping the scale won't be too bad tonight. But you are on track now & that is the main thing.

Judy - your recipes sound great.

Terri - Hope you also have a great Canada Day. Nice job preplanning for the holiday.

Cherry - nice to see you chiming in.

Happy Independence Day! Enjoy your holiday!

All - hope everyone has success at the scales.

See you lighter!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, enjoy your guests this weekend. Have fun and remind them to bring fruit, not chips. LOL.

I am in a much better mood today. Stayed within my points plus allowance yesterday and lost a pound this morning. That quickly gained weight will disappear if I give it a chance to get lost! One day at a time, one pound at a time. After all I am halfway to my goal and I can do this. The fact that I've stalled over a long period of time doesn't mean anything. Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery. today is the present and that's why it's a gift.

Hey everybody----I've got a weekend of BBQ's planned. Has anybody tried Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs? I think they're great on a bun. The hot dog is only one point plus------I'll have two with vegetarian baked beans and feel like I'm having a nice lunch or dinner. I've got cuke salad marinating in the fridge and I'm going to make a beet salad also. I'll probably cut up some romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to "beef up" my plate.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy yourselves. Keep on chiming in. We can do this. We are doing this!
Judy
234.6/197.6/180's and thinner!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and Happy Friday! Yep, W/I was just as bad as I thought it was going to be last night but I went and got it over with, I was up 4.2 lbs - shame on me... moving on now.

I have the weekend pretty much planned out but still need to get to the store and will do that tomorrow.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and heres to better W/I's next week for all of us!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-01-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #5  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Hello Everyone,
It's a beautiful day here in South Georgia. Meaning that it is not quite as hot as it has been. We are looking forward to a wonderful holiday weekend.

I got a little derailed yesterday as my husband wanted to eat Mexican food last night. I did the best I could. I even walked 30 minutes on the treadmill when we got home. Does anyone have any tips on what to eat at a Mexican restaurant? I weigh in tomorrow morning, so today I am staying on the straight and narrow.

Princess....just get right back on the wagon....I think we all have seen weigh ins that are not what we want them to be. At least you went and you know it is not going to make you give up on your journey.

Itryharder...I'm so glad you mentioned those hotdogs and have tried them. I really want to find some that taste good. I'll get those for the weekend. It sounds like you have your menu all planned out. I think part of the key to losing is being prepared.

Well, everyone hope you have a great one!
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! And Happy Holiday weekend to Everyone!

I got my house cleaning and most of the laundry done last night and managed to stop at Sams club on my way home... found a bit of really good produce so was happy about that.

Question: I used my calculator last night to figure out the daily points for DH as he is wanting to start counting points. I used the points plus calculator and it said that his was 64 daily points... can that be right? Does the new plan have a maximum on the daily points and I am just missing it in my paperwork? I have looked and looked and can not find where it says that there is a maximum on the daily so I am hoping that one of you can help me with this.

Pat: I am back on the wagon and feeling good today... how about you?

All: have a wonderful day and drink lots of water and write down what you eat! September is coming.... sooner then we all want it too... LOL!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-02-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #7  
Chick

Pat, Bandit, Princess, Cherry, Life4evr, and Terri,
What a great group of gals. Here's to our continental celebrations and congrats to our Canada gals and their
Happy fourth to USA.

Yesterday was another really good day. Any day I avoid peanut butter is a very good day. LOL. Got food planned for today and have to watch any mindless eating I might be tempted to do. I'll be swimming today and that will help. Got out early to grocery shop, produce,. Dh asked me not to buy a dessert or make one-----that makes sense. Anyone here who "needs" one can buy ice cream from the ice cream truck.

Princess, the number of points plus for your husband sounds extremely high to me. I'll do some fast research and see what I find out.
Have a good one , everyone!!!!
Judy
Old 07-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #8  
Chick

Okay-----I didn't know I had the ability to calculate points plus. This is what I did:
I entered a male, 6' tall, 250#. The calculator came up with 38points plus.

I hope this helps.
Judy
I just tried to enter new information, but I don't have the paperwork in front of me and the setup won't change. I just think 64 is very high.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #9  

yep, I entered his information into the calculator and it came up with the 64 but was thinking that there was an over all plan daily max allowed and I could not find out were that was in the material.... also can not find it anywhere on line. Thanks for your help Judy!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #10  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Hey Turtles,
I weighed in today and lost 1.6. I was pleased with that. I hope everyone has a great celebration. We will have our family over tonight for some shrimp and oysters. I will probably have to dip into my weekly points or activity points, but that is okay.

We can do it! Have a great celebration everyone!
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #11  
Chick

Pat, and : weigh to go!Your weekend sounded nice.

All goes well here. I'm a few points plus over for today, but I did quite well overall.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner by 9/1
Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! We have had really nice weather so far... I am almost afraid to comment on it LOL - I might jynx us since we were supposed to get rain each day. We had some really loud thunder last night and about two drops of rain but that was it and today it looks like sunny skies!

Food was good yesterday, I did use some of my weekly extras but wrote everything down. We have tons of fruit and veggie to snack on and our plan in place for the rest of the holiday.

Still trying to figure the daily points for DH, I have looked on line but can not find where anything states a maximum amount.

Pat: A huge congrats to you! Great job!

Judy: Sounds like you are doing really great... I hope your weekend continues to be fabulous! A very big thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it very much!

All: Have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-03-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #13  

Hey Judy: I think I found something in that large book that they gave us - think it was week one - it was the large book that is mostly blue in color and says WW PP Getting Started on the front. Look at page 60 - so if I am reading that chart right then 64 could very well be a valid number... is that how you take it?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #14  
Chick

Hi All,
On to day 2 of the weekend. Yesterday was good, but I needed some of my extra points from the weekly allowance. I'm trying to shake that off and realize I don't need to be perfect to lose weight. I can do this.

Princess, yes. You are absolutely right. It looks like the chart allows up to 69 points plus and tells him how to portion out the points plus. Good for you. I had never heard about the limits of the new program as far as points plus and no one in our group talks about the number of points plus they are allowed. Glad you found it! I know it will be great with him back OP because it sets up the food in the household really well.

Everybody enjoy today and have fun! Let's make it another OP day. (I'm telling this to myself also)

Judy
234.6/?/180's and thinner by 9/1/11
Old 07-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #15  

Judy: Thanks so much for your help! You are right, when I have a partner I do so much better so heres to hoping this helps!