Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool Alternachicks Chatter July!

Hey everyone!

It's July so I figured I'd start up a fresh new thread!

Here's a link to the old for reference: Original Chatter

Everyone is welcome to join in on the Alternachicks Chatter at any point, so dive right in!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

It's July already O_o

3Trip - I've been meaning to get lost in a video game Happy to see you stop in and say hey

Spangle - I loathe moving due to having to sort things. I'm sorry you're feeling sad about the relocation

Michi - Happy upcoming birthday! The older I get the more I realize that I like giving presents a lot more than receiving them. I want for nothing, and I no longer play with My Little Ponies, so I can't ever think of anything that I'd like. At this point, I already have accumulated way too much "stuff" so I don't want to add to the pile. For birthdays I end up just being reflective and thoughtful, and enjoying the company I'm in. That's enough for me. Do what you want to do for your day, and just let yourself live in the moment You have a great birthday no matter what!

Ellie - I don't have any plans for the 4th, either. My family has never been huge into cookouts. We might've had a small one for the 4th or sit on our front steps and watch the fireworks, but meh. I don't want to eat tons of food, and there's no place close that's doing fireworks so I won't go out to watch them. I guess I'll be celebrating my independence by eating a microwave hot dog or something. That's American-esque, right? >.>

I took a nap earlier which turned into a sleep. So, I'm awake. *sigh* I'll find something to do!

PS - Today is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day, neighbors!

Last edited by Lovely; 07-01-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Lovely- Thanks. It's just feeling weird that, unlike the past couple of times I've done this, I'm not coming back to Lancaster after the summer. Oh well!

I got my degree results today. I'm graduating with a 2.1 Which is awesome!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #4  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

Just dyed my hair red. I was stuck with bleached hair for a few days so my hair wouldn't get crispy. It's a candy-apple red, but I can't seem to get a picture that really does the color justice. I love it so much. It's nice to go back to having crazy colored hair
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Spangle - Vikings? That's so cool! My boyfriend and his friends love anything Viking and his friends have several Viking/Norse tattoos. Also I can kind of relate to the whole 4th of July being a sore point for the British - in high school every year for Cinco de Mayo the Spanish language classes had parties and made lots of colorful tissue paper flowers. The French classes were somber and grumpy because we were doing actual language work that day. We barely got a 'jour culturelle' (cultural day) to celebrate except for around Mardi Gras. Those Spanish classes had all the fun!!

Trip - Ah! I used to do hot pink bangs/front section of my hair and I miss it. I dyed them for the last time in Fall 2010 because I knew by this Summer I'd be either getting a job, internship, etc which would surely frown upon crazy color hair. Below I posted my favorite picture of me (Not only do I look thin, I just love the crazy effect I got from the beaded curtains and color contrast of everything) as well as a more realistic but way less flattering picture from my Junior year of college were me and my two roomies had just dyed our hair together. My middle roomie, in purple, was a little shocked at how vivid the purple was so we spent the better part of that evening shampooing and re-shampooing her hair until it was about half as colorful as it is here.

Sorry they came out so large! I'm a little embarrassed because I can't figure out how to shrink it. My face is larger than life and you can see every blemish xD

Last edited by Michi702; 07-01-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: tried to make the photos smaller - didn't work
Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Spangle - Congratulations on the results!

3trip - If you get a picture, definitely post it. We'd love to see ^^ Bet it looks hawt!

Michi - Cute! >^.^< That pink looks fun! And you're so right, the purple beads look awesome with the hair. Hah! It looks like your friends also painted their nails to go with their hair! Love it.

I'm so... tired. Blah. Going to get to bed shortly. Hoping for a nice weekend so I can keep the windows open while I clean and organize.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Lovely - Ah - you're right, I guess I'm the odd one out as far as the nail color's concerned. The pink is super fun I envy those with straight hair though, because you can do a ton of neat tricks with different colors or 'peek a boo' when you just dye the bottom back half of your hair. Oh well!

Today was actually a great day and I'm hoping my good mood continues into tomorrow. I had a nice date night with my boyfriend and we capped it off by watching a bunch of episodes of Mighty Boosh and geeking out I highly suggest it for anyone who hasn't seen it and likes British humour, and if you only see one episode ever make it Nanageddon!

Who's ready for a fun weekend?
Old 07-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #8  

Michi- awesome! I currently only have on Viking-y tattoo, but my brother is drawing me up another one that is a reward for one of my mini-goals I can't wait to start, I've got a load of books to read over the summer.

Lovely- Thank you!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Hey ladies. I want some crazy hair!! I don't think it is appropriate where I work though =/ I did do a home highlight job, so now my red hair (I am a natural red head, not apple red hair) is more of a blonde/strawberry blonde. I didn't think I liked it at first, but it styled, it looks really nice.

I had gotten my nose pierced in March time, and I took it out a couple of days ago. I made the mistake of snagging the original piercing, and could not get it back in. Then, (while nose was like elephant man swollen) I bought a ring (stud) to keep it from closing. Apparently the metal was not good for "healing" so i have been battling an infection around it. A couple of days ago, I said screw it took it out, and it is almost closed now. I might re-pierce it later this year.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #10  
TV Watcher

It's much more vibrant in person, but I can't seem to get a picture that really does it justice.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Michi - Sounds like a great day!

Spangle -

Ryeb - How's stuff? I always wanted a simple nose stud. I had similar things happen with my ear piercings. It's been a while since I've had earrings in so now I need to look into getting some new earrings and getting my ears used to them.

3trip - Love the hair! Cute curls!

I'm up at *** o'clock in the morning, gonna make breakfast and just sit for a few and play a game. Then I'll have to take my walk later, and ... it's laundry day! I need to get a few loads done.

I need to go through clothes and see what I don't wear, or what needs donating anyways. Blah. I feel like I have way too much crap in my apartment. I should aim to have it completely de-crapified by Fall.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #12  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I miss having dyed hair. Mine is naturally brown, so I did two very deep turquoise green streaks a few years ago and loved it.

But I graduated college in May 2010, so I've had to make do with wigs whenever I want a shot of color. : / I felt the greatest loss, though, when I entered the post-college job market and had to take out my facial piercings.

triptriptrip: Looks pretty vibrant from here!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #13  
TV Watcher

I dread the day that I get to med school and they tell me I have to take the piercings out. I'm getting my nose re-pierced in a week and then I want to pierce my lip. The lip thing I've been mulling over for a few years, but I finally decided to go for it.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #14  

Trip- that hair colour is gorgeous!

Lovely- Hello!

I'm sat in my parents house, having moved all my stuff back here for the summer, and it feels very weird knowing I'm never going back to Lancaster. Though, I am very, very glad to be home. I needed a break from everything, and I need the summer to just be looked after by my mum (lol) and get my life back on track. Saying that, she did greet me with a glass of wine... I'll get on the new exercise bike in the living room tomorrow with a Disney film on the TV!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Trip, I LOVE, LOVE your hair!! You are one hot lady too!! Seriously, that was an excellent choice for hair color.

I am surprised that my job I am in, has no standards really at all. I can have piercings, tattoos (minus gang lol), and hair any way. It is weird I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and you would think they would "mind"

I hope you are all having a great 4th of July weekend. It is finally Friday for me, so I am excited for my much needed weekend. I am going to clean my house top to bottom. The man is going to probably move in around the 15th
Closed Thread