Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #1  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Back After 6 Months Away And 15 Lbs Bigger

Hi every 1 I began this super diet at the begining of September last yr with 200lbs, and lost almost 50 pounds. During xmas things got a little complicated, and I decided to take a "brake" with the diet, but the brake lasted for 7 months Now, after not being able to wear 3 pair of shorts that I bought a few months ago, to wear for the summer, I decided that it's time to take control again before obesity takes control of me little by little I am still on time to do it now before its too late. well folks this is my story, If you are in the same shoes feel free to share your story, and lleave your support, it is hard after quiting and going back, Tanx.

Last edited by biggirl86; 07-03-2011 at 09:55 AM.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #2  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Welcome back, and congrats on committing again! I can relate to your situation; I fell off the wagon for longer than I'd care to admit & gained about 10 lbs back. Now we just have to make up for all that lost time! Good luck on your goals. I know you can do it.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #3  

Tanx UrthWurm, what would we do without this support, this is the great thing about this, that we relay on people's testimonies and we motivate eachothers that way, Thanx for sharing and for ur support good luck.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #4  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

We started at about the same time last year I see. I too took a break and have yet to get back on program. I have gained about 10 pounds since Christmas. I start then quit, then start and quit, over and over. It's all I think about now. I was in a size 10 when I took a break and now I am wearing a tight 12. Good grief! I hope to find my grove again soon. I need to set a start date and finish to my goal.

Good luck and I hope to be back on program as soon as I can wrap my mind around it again.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

What is it that keeps you from maintaining the loss? I am 5 weeks into this and loving it. But I have tons of questions about life after you phase out.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Hi,

I began this diet the end of January and lost 20 lbs. from January to the end of March. I was a slow loser (some weeks losing nothing, but always losing inches). I got frustrated by my coach and stepped away from the program at the end of March and VERY QUICKLY gained all the weight back. In 5 weeks, I gained it all back plus 3 lbs. I was not binging, I was eating a few carbs but not overeating or binging. I could not BELIEVE how fast the weight came back on and all around my mid-section. For me to gain weight (pre-IP) that fast, I would have had to have eaten a sheet cake every day. I am incredibly blue, and sort of betrayed by the gain. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I understand that you have to follow the Phases, but Sheesh. I am also a hypertensive, hypothyroid, Type 2 Diabetic with no gallbladder, so I have some complications, but still.
I too have had a difficult time getting back OP, although it wasn't hard before and I was dropping sizes so fast. I loved it.
I'll be checking in on your progress - I start back on Monday.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
We started at about the same time last year I see. I too took a break and have yet to get back on program. I have gained about 10 pounds since Christmas. I start then quit, then start and quit, over and over. It's all I think about now. I was in a size 10 when I took a break and now I am wearing a tight 12. Good grief! I hope to find my grove again soon. I need to set a start date and finish to my goal.

Good luck and I hope to be back on program as soon as I can wrap my mind around it again.

Hi, that sounds like me, I've been like that too quited after starting, and it makes me feel worst, I was a size 8 and now 11. It is harder to begin after quiting, but it worst to never beging at all, we can do it!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'8

I often say gaining weight is the easiest thing in the world to do! I finished the program back in 2009 and managed to keep much of my 40 pound loss until stress and circumstances changed and I gained back about 15. Once I got back on program, however, I started to lose weight and feel so much better.

Especially for those with health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.), keeping in mind that you will be much healthier might help you get back into the IP groove. My health is more important than what the scale says or what size I'm wearing. Getting to your goal weight by staying on the IP program will improve your health tremendously. If you have a family, think about the impact your good health will have on them!

Think positively and do this for you! Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels. Good Luck!
DCCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #9  
Second time around

My coach said the other day, that we get comfortable with our weight loss, people make comments about how well we have done, and we get lax. I think this is true.

Now with some pounds back on, I feel really fat even though I know I am not. I just want to be comfortable and healthy. Not a skinny minnie, just a normal weight for my height. I keep finding excuses to not go 100 % OP. I've just got to get it in my head that I must do this. No more excuses, because I'll never run out of them.

You are so right DCCyclist, nothing taste as good as being healthy feels.

ESammy12, Don't be blue.....together we can do this! My thoughts are that if I restart the 5th of July, by Christmas (at least) I will be at my GOAL and through with the phases and on maintance. The best Christmas gift I could receive. I'm going to start a journal again since that really kept me going last fall. I would rush home from my WI and record my new weight on here as fast as I could. I need to get back to that train of thought.

Sorry for rambling, but I think we all need to think what do we Really want? Is that piece of cake going to mean anything in 5 minutes after we eat it? I don't think so. But, being healthy at a reasonable weight is so worth not eating that piece of cake in the long run.

If anyone wants a buddy to keep in check with, I would love to be one with you.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Welcome back!

I just started Phase IV and I am struggling... it's so easy to fall back into my old ways and I am desperately trying not to... BUT yesterday, I consumed 2,200 calories (inlcuding a couple of alcoholic beverages out in the backyard in the sun with family that is visiting from out of town)! Yikes!

Today, I am cracking down and doing a Phase I day (or trying to... and so far, so good). I used to binge before IP (mostly when alone or alone with the kids) and I find that the tendency to do so is still there but if I give in, it is far worse than it was before. My weight is trying to creep up and I can see that and it really scares me.

I find maintenance VERY difficult.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
My coach said the other day, that we get comfortable with our weight loss, people make comments about how well we have done, and we get lax. I think this is true.

Now with some pounds back on, I feel really fat even though I know I am not. I just want to be comfortable and healthy. Not a skinny minnie, just a normal weight for my height. I keep finding excuses to not go 100 % OP. I've just got to get it in my head that I must do this. No more excuses, because I'll never run out of them.

You are so right DCCyclist, nothing taste as good as being healthy feels.

ESammy12, Don't be blue.....together we can do this! My thoughts are that if I restart the 5th of July, by Christmas (at least) I will be at my GOAL and through with the phases and on maintance. The best Christmas gift I could receive. I'm going to start a journal again since that really kept me going last fall. I would rush home from my WI and record my new weight on here as fast as I could. I need to get back to that train of thought.

Sorry for rambling, but I think we all need to think what do we Really want? Is that piece of cake going to mean anything in 5 minutes after we eat it? I don't think so. But, being healthy at a reasonable weight is so worth not eating that piece of cake in the long run.

If anyone wants a buddy to keep in check with, I would love to be one with you.
Thank you Iowahawkeye, that's nice to hear, and encouraging. I start tomorrow - I can't wait. I was so happy to have both my blood sugar and blood pressure drop to normal on the plan before, it made me giddy and I look forward to that peace of mind again. Also, I wasn't losing a ton of weight, but I got smaller and smaller. It was really fun to go into my closet and try things on and discover that they were loose. I look forward to that. Here's to our success.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  
Second time around

Well today has arrived. The day I have planned to restart IP 100%. So far so good, but it's early

I'm a note maker. This morning I sat down and made a grocery list along with a goal sheet. When I actually made the goal sheet with dates that I want to obtain it by, it actually doesn't look that bad for me. I'm hoping for a two pound a week loss and if I can do that, I should be at goal by mid September of 145. If I take myself to 135 like my original goal was, it is hopefully by the end of October. I know two pounds a week won't always happen, but hopefully some weeks will be larger to average out to two pounds a week. Is 15 weeks worth it? I think so! I look at how others on here have done so well in a short amount of time and think to myself, I can do that also.

When I started IP, I didn't tell hardly anyone I was on a diet. When I was 30 pounds down, everyone noticed and asked me how I was doing it. Now I'm pretty sure those that noticed are saying, look at her, she's gaining it back just like we thought she would. Well, I'm planning on proving them wrong. It's sad that we have to rely on strangers to help us through this battle on 3fatchicks. I have asked some friends to join me on IP, but no takers so I'll get it done with my internet friends. We're in this together!

Esammy12...you are so beautiful! I don't have the courage to post a real picture of myself. Maybe someday.

Today I'm off to work late, (I'm a broker) which means I don't have regular hours, and then off to weigh in and load up on fresh greens and IP products. A new start. Everyone keep motivated!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #13  
Second time around

Ooops, I forgot. Last night I struggled with restarting today or not. I could find so many reasons to put off restarting until August 1. Friends are back from Florida for the whole month of July and I am sure we will be sitting on the deck and sipping cocktails, a hometown celebration in a couple of weeks, my daughter coming home for a two week visit, and so on. Well, I finally got it in my mind, that there is no use putting off restarting. I will make it through with a glass of flavored water on the deck with friends, I can still eat out but just have to order my food carefully, and who really needs a funnel cake at the hometown celebration!

A million excuses as you can see. But, I'm jumping in the waters now back on IP. I told my daughter last night on the phone, I am so tired of excuses and constantly thinking about losing weight. It's time I accomplish it.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!! I am so happy I found this thread... as I have been so embarrassed and depressed lately... Last year, on IP, I was so happy to lose 40 pounds prior to my wedding in November... Like y'all, the pounds just melted away in only a few months! That said, due to the wedding, coupled with the holidays shortly thereafter, buying a house, traveling, and every other excuse in the book.. You got it, I have gained most of the weight back in just about 8 months.

esammy12 - I understand your frustration.. I am also hypothyroid which has always made losing weight an incredible challenge for me. IP, however, was the first diet that demonstrated results - and fast. I became complacent, however, and returned to my old eating habits after my wedding. Mind you, these habits were not at all bad; however, for my thyroid, eating "normally", i.e., eating carbs freely, is not an option. Now that I have experienced such a depressing weight gain after such a successful loss, I believe that I have truly hit bottom and am ready to accept that I can never, ever return to "normal" eating again.. My "normal" is IP..

Knowing that IP works brilliantly, I searched for an IP doc near my new house... I was disappointed to find out that there wasn't a clinic. I did, however, locate a "Quick Weight Loss" - a weight loss clinic popular here in Florida with similar a low-carb/low-fat meal plan. So, I signed up, as I just need to be accountable to someone! Luckily, they're super nice there and you pay for their "counseling" - so they do not push the food on you (as I was surprised to find asparatame in some of their products).. Moreover, they encourage you to come in every day to talk to them about the diet.. So I purchased the comparable IP food off of New Lifestyle and Nashua Nutrition and am officially starting today.

I am excited.. The depression was really getting to me, as I actually had to go out and buy some clothes seeing that I had thrown out all of my "fat" clothes 8 months ago.. But now I accept what I have done and am ready to conquer this weight once and for all!!

Iowahawkeyemom, I totally understand your statement about the naysayers saying "she's gaining it back just like we thought she would"... I have experienced this first hand and have to say it is the most devastating thing to hear (especially from your very thin, flight attendant mother-in-law! ugh.. ;-) ).

Anyway, sorry for the novel, but thanks for hearing me out.. I am glad that there are some of us in the same boat.. I sympathize with the "I will start again on Monday" promises that simply never happened... Well, it's Tuesday, so it's a fresh start! I am so thankful to have this website to maintain motivation.. Honestly, I was too embarrassed to even log on in the past 8 months.. Now I am facing reality and moving on! Good luck everyone!!!!
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #15  
Second time around

Hope everyone did great today! Legaleagle, you are not alone as you can tell. Don't stay away from this board. We're all in this together!

Today while grocery shopping I ran into a lady I know who a few months ago, mentioned how much weight I had lost. Well, today I felt like she was checking me out to see if I had gained weight. Maybe it was in my mind, but it sure felt like it. All I could think of was that she noticed my ten pounds I gained back. Now I am more determined than ever to reach goal.

I'm holding off having my last protein for the day. I'm afraid if I eat it now, I'll be searching for goodies around the house afterwards. Sipping my strawberry flavored herbal tea to get me through. I may have to go to bed early to keep from munching on something off program. I do have a slight headache which is to be expected while first starting off. Maybe going to bed would be a good idea. Everyone stay focused.