5 ft 4 to 5 ft 8 16 61.54%
5 ft 9 to 6 ft 4 15.38%
above 6 foot 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 06:55 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

***WELCOME TO THE DAILY THREAD FOR ALL 20-SOMETHINGS***

just getting things started. v. busy at work, so will come back and reply to yesterday's posts later.

kirsty
Old 04-11-2001, 08:52 AM   #2  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning!

Hi Kirsty!! I am the one that is over 6" JUST!!! Like a 1.5 centimeters

I am sitting at my desk and just cannot get into work today!!! My boss is away until Tuesday It should be somewhat relaxed around here!! I have WI tonight so I went through my clothes last night and picked out the lightest clothes I could find, Does anyone else do that??? I tend to wear the same clothes every Wednesday But since it is now spring I pulled out Linen Pants and a tank top, I threw a long sleeved shirt overtop but it is SO coming off for WI Anyway I should go and pretend to work!!!! I'll Be Back(in my best Arnold accent!!)

Steph
Old 04-11-2001, 09:05 AM   #3  

Well, I am 5'7" tall. And I am happy about that. I like my height!

Good morning Kirsty! Hope to hear from you soon, don't work too hard!

Let's see if I can remember some of the posts from yesterday!

Kim ~ Sorry to hear about you and your BF not getting any quality time, I hope that some schedule changes will happen for the two of you!!

Steph ~ I understand about the clothes thing. I WI in practically nothing!

I am afraid my memory isn't very good, so a big "HI" to everyone, and sorry for not posting to you all!

Well, I did it, I did have shoulder length hair, and now it is super short, the shortest it has ever been, and I got blonde highlights too, I love it!!!! I will try to post a before and after pic. It is such a change that most people don't recognize me right away, but I have gotten tons of compliments.

It will be a fun haircut for summer!

Well, back to work, I am done for the week today, but will be back later to post!

Later!
Old 04-11-2001, 09:05 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Morning! HOw is everyone, I am of average height, but one thing I have noticed about losing weight is that I look taller.

Becky: How long did this take me? I've lost the 87lbs on WW in 9 months I guess, I have lost it quickly overall. The last 10lbs have been the biggest pain so far.

Belle: That is so cool, I thought I was the only one who wanted that song. The only problem about that song is that it is so long, but hey on my wedding day things run my way

Suzanne: my brother defaced half of my NKOTB posters

Kim: Hmmm I loved the Facts of Life and 90210 as well.. As for movies all the 80s teen fare Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club.... I like making fun of Dirty Dancing and usually make a drinking game out of it when watching it. Especially some of Patrick Swayze's lines. I am listening to the song Patience by GNR right now, that song is soooo sappy. I love philly Cheesesteak sandwiches.
I have to zip, so a big hello to all I have missed and see ya later!

Ali
Old 04-11-2001, 09:50 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default All I want is you and other U2 memories!!

Oh yes, they sang my wedding song, and b/f held my hand....he even sand to Pride in the name of love, we had a so much fun...mostly me.

U2 ROCKED!!!!

Must go to meeting, will post in hour.

Belle
Old 04-11-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default UGGGHHHH

All I can say is UGHHHH. We had cheddarwurst for supper. GREASE CITY!!! I looked in my book and it said bratwurst were 5 points each, so I ate 2. BIG MISTAKE! I was at my high end of the points and they tasted sooooo good, but my tummy hurt this morning!!! All I had for breakfast was a yogurt and fruit cup. I am feeling better now tho.

Oh and I am 5'8 - Steph, my old HS friend is 6 feet also. She likes it, yet hates it! I think it is funny.

Trish.... were you the one that asked about the dress I am making Emma?? It is a cute little dress with daisies on it. If I get a pic with her in it, I will post it. My mom taught me to sew when I was little, so I have been doing it for awhile. I had stopped for a couple years and only sewed crafty things or repairs, but now I am enjoying sewing Emma's stuff! I do lots of crafty things, I knit, crochet, quilt, cross stich, spin yarn (my fave!)... you name it. I have so many things that I have made and never use or wear!!

Belle... Glad you enjoyed the concert. Sounds like bf is straightening out! But remember you Belle time!!!

Tonya... can't wait to see the new do... Last summer when I was PG I cut my hair off. Now it is shoulder length and straighter. I have thin hair, so having no body in it is the pits. But I couldn't get a perm when I was PG. Now I decided to get it highlighted instead of permed.... next Tuesday... can't wait!

Well, I better go. Lots to do, just don't wanna do it!!
Old 04-11-2001, 10:25 AM   #7  

Default Bad mood - WARNING! :mad:

Ok, I hate to be a donwer. I had a great trip to Florida to visit my grandmother. We went to the pool and I got a slight tan. I ate so much that you would be grossed out. We had yummy Passover food just like when my mom used to do Passover. I went sopping and picked out some clothes for my birthday presents from my grandmother. The weather was beautiful and it was a great trip.

I went to WI on Friday night and maintained again. An official plateau. Iwas not so thrilled but the super nice receptionsit talked to me and gave me some good advice. I then blew that out the window while I was in Florida. I was horrible. My scale says that I am up 6 pounds since Friday. That really sucks since it wasn't going in the right direction to begin with. Ok, so I am trying again as of today. I brought WW food for lunch.

I got 24 email this morning when I loggedoon. Most were fun and nice. Got an adorable picture of my baby cousin. I got an email form the professor for my independent study and that put mr in a bad mood !!! I sent her the first 3 things I had completed (I am at least 2 months behind so I will take an incomplete and finish over the summer) and she said she is lookingfor more depth. I did not realize that she was looking for a PAPER on each "activity" at the end of the chapter. what the **** does she want? It is kind of hard to know when you don't have class so you don't get any direction. I wrote back, sent her another "Activity" and asked her for an example and said Ididn't know what she was looking for. so now I feel crappier than before about this class. I wish it was not required so that I could take something else!

Ok, that's enough negativity to share with eveeryone. One good thing - DH may join WW with me Tlak to you later.

Sarah
194.4./164.8/153WW
Old 04-11-2001, 10:35 AM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Just a quick note as I am off the the funeral of my friend's mom. I don't really like going to funerals and I have to go alone as my hubby is out of town.

Oh, on the poll, I am 5'10". We seem to be a tall bunch.

Kirsty: hope you are feeling better.

Tonya: your hair sounds so cute!!!

Belle: Sounds like U2 was so great! I wish I could have been there.

Sarah: I think a lot of that extra on the scale could be water gain. I would jsut get back on track and that would be the trick. I also hate it when your don't get detailed instructions!

Jen: The dress sounds so cute. I was thinking about the hubby thing you mentioned yesterday> I thnk Tonya has some good avdice. However, my hubby and I have been fighting a lot lately too. I also think it was a little cabin fever and I hope that with the nice weather to come (it has to come) all will be better.

Ali: I also love John Hughes films. I think Pretty in Pink is my favorite! I was so in love with Andrew McCarthy. Wonder what happened to him?

Steph: I think that kind of height would be great. I love my height now that I am an adult *was not to fond of itas a HS kid).

Ok, must go. Talk with you all soon. Trish
Old 04-11-2001, 10:38 AM   #9  

Default TGIF~well, for me :D

Hello ladies~

Things are going well. I had a salad with hard boiled eggs last night...yummy I made bf an aomelette for dinner....you can have eggs any time

Looking forward to having THurs and Fri off.

Belle~ things really sound like they are going great with your bf

Tonya~ Last June I chopped my hair....I mean CHOPPED! about 8-9 inches off.....I had one of those pixie cuts. It was a total mental thing (my dad had just passed away) now it's about chin length with a small amount of bangs and i really love it.

I will be able to post a pic soon because bf got a new digital camera...i don't like any of the ones he took so far.

Jen~ i know how you feel....eating mcdonalds makes my tummy hurt now

Steph~ i don't want to work either!!!

Okay later!

p.s. I have accepted that I won't get to my April 20th goal Last week the scale was the same
Old 04-11-2001, 10:41 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

hey girls,
sarah, good luck with your professor. hopefully she'll give you more an idea of what she is looking for. try not to let it stress you out. and draw a line under florida. it happened, it's over. start again, and keep motivated! good news on hubby joining WW too.
i was feeling much better today but i think i'm having a relapse (or else i just want to go home early!). i got such a bad stitch at the gym but i massaged it and walked through it and managed to get jogging again. prob the after effects of my margaritas!
becky - sun beds are bad!! not just for wrinkles, but for cancer! def much better to fake it out a bottle. i can't be bothered with either and am so white i literally glow in the dark. novelty girlfriend, that's me.
anyhow, i wouldn' t worry what you look like in your bsuit, i bet the other girls are paranoid about something too. just act confident and no one will notice anything.
tonya - your hair sounds great! good on you going for a change. i think we all get stuck in the era when we finally found a look that worked and made us attractive. there are so many women in london still wearing blue mascara with 80s hair-dos...
lisa - enjoy the gulf coast - you lucky girl!
lolly - woo hoo on the chapter! is your hair all blonde now? cool. when you back btw? must meet up cos haven't seen you in ages. i wasn't too keen on bros, preferred NKOTB. oh, the shame. still, you'll be pleased to hear that my taste hasn't improved and i love the spice girls, steps, sclub7, hear'say and all manufactured pop bands!
brenda - ta for the throat lozenges. do they do PL stuff over in the UK do you know? i could be your overseas customer. speaking of ordering stuff, i just put in a HUGE order with sainsbury's (supermarket chain). it's going to arrive friday afternoon (i'm off work cos of easter). BF and i are planning to do nothing all weekend, i can't wait!
kim/jen - good luck with your BF/hubby. relationships are a right pain sometimes. but i'm sure it'll all work out.
belle - sounds like a top concert!
steph - i always think about clothes before WI! are these socks lighter than these ones kind of thing?!
hey ali and everyone else, must dash cos boss wondering what i'm up to!!

kirsty

ps hi trish and suzanne - we're all posting at the same time!
Old 04-11-2001, 11:02 AM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Girls didn't have time to read posts but Iwanted to share a Krispy Kreme victory. I came in this morning with great intentions only to find that some "wonderful Person" brought donuts. Well I wanted 2. I actually had them picked out in my heard :blush: But I ate 1/2 of one for 4 pts. I have to gloat b/c I love donuts they are my weakness.
Well the reason that I cannot read the posts until later is b/c I have to go and do crisis intervention at a parochial school in the area. They had a pipe bomb or some kind of bomb incident. By the grace of God no one was hurt but they all experienced the fear and about 10 of them had to go to the ER to get checked out. I am so nervous this is my first school crisis. Keep me in your thoughts and more importantly all of the 4th grade kids that experienced this.
check in later, Becky
Old 04-11-2001, 11:06 AM   #12  
Go Avalanche!!

Default SNOW DAY!!!

I have all kinds of good news today! The weather here is horendous. The roads/wind etc are so bad that me and my boss traded phone calls until she finally decided it was too bad to feel comfy driving in. Duh, I knew that from the moment I turned on the news. Hubby leaves so early that he did get to work, but half way there he wished he had turned around. There was a winter storm warning and now it's a blizzard warning! Highways are closed all over the state and cars are in ditches all over the place. I'm curled up in my warm house. This couldn't have happened at a better time. I can get my taxes done now and stop stressing about when I'm going to do them

The other good news is I LOST!!! Only .6, but I'll take it Only 5.6 pounds to virgin fat territory and shopping for that very late B-day present from honey (leather jacket). We should be able to find one on sale seeing as spring/summer is coming. Oh, and technically I'm 5'3 3/4 inches, but I call it 5'4". I'm one of the short ones!

Sarah: {{{{{{{{{{{{ good vibrations }}}}}}}}}}}}}} Cheer up! Don't you just wish you could smack people??

Kirsty: PL is worldwide. I don't know how it would work from here to there, but I can find out. If need be I could probably even get you in touch with someone there if you would like! I'll have to do a little preliminary research.

Jen: Put last night behind you and try to stay OP today! We had pizza last night, but luckily I had enough points to only be over by 2.

Sorry I didn't reply to everyone. I'd better get my butt in gear or my whole free day is giong to be wasted!
Old 04-11-2001, 11:26 AM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hump day!!

Half way there! I gained .8#, but it's better than 3 pounds and that's what I felt like!! So, I'm starting over and need to get my booty in gear!!

Work is really busy, so I'll be around later.
Brenda: Thinkin about you and the snow! Willard Scott was talking all about the blizzard.

Hi to everyone!
Tonya: I'm envious of your hair cut. Mine is so boring now, I want a new look, but will wait until AFTER the wedding.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-11-2001, 11:42 AM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Is it the weekend yet?

I'm here to throw the tall people average out of whack. I'm 5-feet tall exactly. Believe me, I was quite happy when I graduated from 4'11 3/4 to 5 feet! I would love to be even 2 inches taller. Being short makes the pounds show all the much more and its harder to take off, I think. But it does show pretty quickly when I lose! Of course, I've hovered at the same spot since February, which is getting very frustrating. I weigh in today, though.
Old 04-11-2001, 12:18 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Default Last night in more detail...

Sorry, must be selfish and post some of the continuing saga....as you may have noticed, things with b/f have been really good! Awesome good in fact. But then this thing happened, and although its still good, I feel badly.....let me know what you think:

After work I was really excited about U2 and I wanted to cook dinner, have short napand head
to concert, so me and b/f went to get his stuff from his place, hung out for a bit went to my place, I
cooked dinner and then we had a very very short nap and left for the concert. On the way, we
started talking about fashion and he was saying that Calgary fashion was horrible and worse than
St. John....I said whatever, I have seen those pics of yours and there is some bad dressing going
on...and it was all fun and in jest - nothing malicious. And then he said What Pictures, I said
your photo albums...and he was like, well, who are you referring to. Well, of course, I was
thinking the ex, she dresses really badly....like a 40 year old. Anyway, I was not looking to be
mean to her, even though I wish she'd die, but whatever. I went on and said, oh, no one in
particular. He said, more guys or girls, and I said, well, girls I guess and he said "like who, my
sister?" and I said...no, she is just casual dresser girl, sort of sporty like. And he was like, then
who? So fianlly I said,the ex. and he was like, I thought you were going to say that. I was
less than impressed that he would assume that, but she is a bad dresser. THe arguement went
on and he said that I am not a good dresser either and that although I am the best dresser he
knows in Calgary, that I shouldn't insult others. I waslike, look, it was in jest, we were just
playing with eacother and you are just being sensitive b/c its her. And he said, no I am just
disappointed b/c you are being petty....and I was a bit emotional so I said "Well, I didn't mean to
be mean to her style, but she is a bad dresser, and of course, I don't like her either." And he
was like, why don't you like her, you don't know her. I said, if she gets over you adn moves on
and stops phoning constantly I will. and then we were in the Saddledome so I stopped the
conversation.

U2 INTERLUDE: We didnt talk much before the show....then I forgot all about it during U2 -
and it was AMAZING!!! I loved that I could see Larry's face really good, he is sucha hottie,
and b/f got into it, esp the slow songs and acouple that he knew. They did two encores and bono
wasn't as much of a ham as he usually is. It was a cool stage too - had ramps so there were
people all around.....I got some good pics too b/c they did the first song with the lights on.

When we left we didnt' talk about it and he held my hand to the car and at the elevator he gave
me a big hug and kiss. I was in the bathroom and when I came out he was in bed and he was all
snuggly and then I said "about what I said, I know it was inappropriate and I am sorry that I
offended you." and he said "that's alright I know you are bitter about her but I know you are
trying to get over that and you had a relapse." I asked if he thought less of me and he said no. I
guess that was good. He was very sweet this morning too and kissy, drove me to work again
even though I could walk pretty well.

But it does bother me.....I am pissed at myself that I said that and let it get to where it sounded
like I was just being a *****. And I didn't mean to, but she was my primary example.....The
worst part is that she hadn't even come up for weeks. I guess I need to take a step back and
refocus and then not mention that again. I feel bad for it, and I almost ruined the night. and I am so jealous of that girl. and I hate it. I mean, I know that she is far far away and they have not been "together" (I mean in a physical sense) ina year (this month, how lame am I?) but I still hate that she calls and that he calls her. I mean, I know the phone only showed a couple of one minute calls, but they are always on nights that I am not there and there were several in a row - one at 5:54, next at 6:07, next at 6:20. Like, come on buddy, she isn't answering the phone, move on. But no long conversations which indicates that the long ones are when she calls, like 2 Saturday's ago, she phoned while I was there (as you may also recall). I don't know, I feel like just when I start to feel confident, something happens like this. Maybe I am just ina bad mood, over tired and stuff.

GRRRRRR.

Anyway, I think I'll take tonite "off" and do some laundry that I have been putting off and get to
bed really early. We will be spending lots of weekend time together, so I need that (and so
does he I think!)

Well, anyway, I better get some work done, this is a novel!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent, I needed that.

Belle
Closed Thread