Old 07-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #1  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Default Rushing 8lbs

So as is true with so many of us ladies, I got a man 2 years ago and sat around eating chinese and falling in love.... Gained 40 lbs.... Ew. So 2 years ago was the last time I went to the Dr. for you know.... an annual check up or whatever. I just specifically remember I was 261. She was being a good doctor and telling me to cut the shiz out and do something about it. I am going crazy trying to get back to the 261. I don't want to go in there any bigger. HATE IT! Its like I am obsessed about this 8 lbs. Talk about a mini goal! Water weight is stressing me out. Just a vent. Dr appt made for July 28. MUST LOSE.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I feel this same way about doctor's appointments! The last time I went ot the gyno (last August) I was 159, I am praying that by some miracle I'll be able to be that same weight again when I go at the end of August. Maybe a little less? But I won't push it!!

God luck on your goal, just make sure to be healthy about it!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #3  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

I feel you! I have a doctor's appointment Thursday, and while I don't remember what I weighted last time I went in, I'm working extra hard with the appointment looming. Good luck!
melni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Totally know what you mean! I hate my checkups with my thyroid doctor, shes always all over my weight
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/136/100

Height: 4'11"

I know exactly what you mean about getting into a relationship and gaining weight. It has happened every single time! I'm such a homebody so usually my mates are homebodies too. Actually my recent decision to get in better shape has inspired my future husband to get in shape and work out too! He doesn't need to lose much if anything he just needs to convert his fat into muscles (and there isn't all that much extra honestly, maybe 15lbs) but its nice to have him as a kind of partner, competitor. We'll be measuring mostly by inches and not weight loss since he doesn't need to lose much (although I'll be on 3FC obsessing over my actual weight I have 40lbs to lose!)

Being obsessed about losing the weight can be a good thing if you apply it correctly. Don't overly obsess in your mind but never do anything about it. Think about how badly you want to lose those 8 pounds when you are working out! It will definitely give the determination to work out longer and shed more pounds quickly!

Just because you want to make this goal this time around doesn't mean you have to continue to try and lose weight like a madman. The people on the biggest loser lose more than 2 pounds a week all the time, and its really not all that much more than 2 pounds! Just be careful and healthy. You can do this!

Last edited by uhohitsamb; 07-09-2011 at 10:09 PM.
uhohitsamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/173.8/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitsamb View Post
I know exactly what you mean about getting into a relationship and gaining weight. It has happened every single time! I'm such a homebody so usually my mates are homebodies too. Actually my recent decision to get in better shape has inspired my future husband to get in shape and work out too! He doesn't need to lose much if anything he just needs to convert his fat into muscles (and there isn't all that much extra honestly, maybe 15lbs) but its nice to have him as a kind of partner, competitor. We'll be measuring mostly by inches and not weight loss since he doesn't need to lose much (although I'll be on 3FC obsessing over my actual weight I have 40lbs to lose!)

Being obsessed about losing the weight can be a good thing if you apply it correctly. Don't overly obsess in your mind but never do anything about it. Think about how badly you want to lose those 8 pounds when you are working out! It will definitely give the determination to work out longer and shed more pounds quickly!

Just because you want to make this goal this time around doesn't mean you have to continue to try and lose weight like a madman. The people on the biggest loser lose more than 2 pounds a week all the time, and its really not all that much more than 2 pounds! Just be careful and healthy. You can do this!
I'm complete opposite! Whenever i'm in a relationship i turn into a semi crazy person thinking i have to be a certain weight. Not so bad lately, but definitely have noticed i've been a bit more concerned about my weight loss journey since i got with my bf

To answer the original poster - i know what you are going through, and it sucks! While being super focused on something can be great, just watch it doesnt become a full blown obsession. Im sure your doctor would rather you are a bit past your last weigh in but taking healthy steps to get the weight off long term, rather than crash dieting to get to a certain weight. I hope that makes sense.

I don't know if you can, but you could possibly make your appointment for a couple of weeks later if its stressing you out? Would give you a bit more time
lovehopefaith is offline   Reply With Quote