Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge - Week 0.5

Feels good to be starting one of these again.

Okay, so we're already halfway through the week! Maybe we could use the remainder of this week to really think through what we want our Labor Day goals to be, and then next week - first full Week 1 - really put our heads down and CHARGE towards Labor Day! (Although I really don't feel like charging towards the end of summer - summer is my favorite time of year!)

Soooo, in that spirit what sort of goals do you want to have for Labor Day? And, ask yourselves: why is this my goal? Why is it important to me? Sometimes, I find that it helps me to be really super-specific about the reasons why I want to reach my goals (i.e., rather than say "to look better," instead, try "to finally be able to rock that little red bikini during the Labor Day picnic at the lake.")

What do you think?

Here's my WEED for today:

W - 60 oz (trying to get back up to 80 again - my body is readjusting and so bathroom trips are frequent!)

E - Got yardwork to do today, and I count that among exercise. Got to mow the lawn, and I also want to move my eggplants to some other place in the garden because my cucumbers are taking over the entire thing! If I'm up to it after that, planning to do either P90 cardio, strength training, or bellydance drills. Either way, want to round it out to some good time spent focused on my body.

E - off to a good start today. Kelloggs Fiber One 80 calories with almond milk this morning - banana for a midmorning snack - a nice, cool salad for lunch - and dinner is rice wraps filled with veggies, glass noodles and Thai peanut sauce. Healthy, yummy, and BREEZE EASY - and no need to heat up the kitchen with cooking. It's seriously hot as a crotch here today.

EDIT: Shoot, I forgot my D! LOL!

D - I want to stay motivated today. I got on the scale and saw a .5 pound loss and it just feels GOOD to see that number, and so I'm riding this little wave of "yay" and want to stay that way for the remainder of the week! (and maybe lose that next .5 by Friday?)

OK, friends - your turn! Up and at 'em!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

Last edited by RowdyBliss; 07-06-2011 at 09:44 AM.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting the thread Suz. I have been super duper out of it this week.

W 80 oz
E none today but extra laps at the plant
E 1200 cals
D stay awake
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Congrats Emily!!! Hope to see her soon.

So I have been really good on this new diet. It is paying off. I had gained 15 pounds and have now lost 8 of them. I am still in the 180's but hope to get back to the 170's real soon. I don't think this is a diet I could follow forever, but hopefully until I get where I want to be.

Jeni- I know you will be back where you want to be soon. You are a trooper!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #4  
Suz

@Jeni - staying awake. Good goal!!

@mtiger - you're on the downslope, over halfway towards losing that total 15! What is your new diet?

Feeling pretty good today. Didn't get done everything I wanted to yesterday because, as I was mowing the lawn, I nearly ran over a baby robin! Oh no!!! I scooped him up, put him in a tupperware bowl with a paper towel "nest," and spent much of the evening trying to find someone to take him. No luck - everything was closed. So I nursed him during the night (rough night - woke up a lot to "peep, peep, peep") and, in the morning, took him to the Tri-State Bird Rescue.

This also scuppered my dinner - DF very graciously ordered Chinese food for us since I had my hands full, but instead of getting me the steamed veggies, he got me the ones that were fried and covered in garlic sauce. Tasty, but not on my plan. And soooo salty. (Water weight gain, bleh.)

Back on track today, though! And I weigh in tomorrow, wheeee!

*~*~*~*

Been thinking about my Labor Day goal... I am at about 130 right now, and the weight is coming off super slowwwly now; I think my body's settling into what it wants. So - I am going to shoot for 125 for Labor day.

W - 60 oz

E - Definitely need to do this tonight. Am going to cancel movie trip with friends so I can accomplish this. Sacrifices.

E -Packed my oatmeal for breakfast, peas paneer and naan for lunch, and will try rice wraps again tonight. Hopefully no more birdie rescues tonight!

D - GET THAT EXERCISE DONE. I'll feel better once I do.

Have a great day girls!!

Last edited by RowdyBliss; 07-07-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

As promised ladies - haven't stepped on the scale yet - figure I'll give it at least 2-3 weeks to heal up before I take that plunge. I'll catch up soon!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

OMG Emily, I want to cuddle her!!!!!!!!!!!! She is gorgeous!

Congratulations!!!! What do the boys think?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Emily~She is so completely beautiful. Wow.

Today is the last day of my 92 hour 8 day stretch. Then I get two days off, and then I start on nights. Yay me (okay a bit of sarcasm)

The good thing about today is that I only have to work 8 hours.

W 80 oz
E maybe a walk on the treadmill tonight.
E 1200 cals
D find ways to keep moving.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #8  
Suz

No fair! Can't see any pictures from my work computer!! Emily, I'll have to take everyone else's word for it.

Jeni - you worked 92 hours in eight days?! That's just craziness!!

*~*~*~*

I'm doing really crappy with exercise this week, girls. How do you fit it into your schedules? I tried waking up early to do it, but was too tired because I didn't get to bed early enough... and going to bed early is never an option because there's too much for me to do at home. And DF helps a lot, but he's really busy, too - asking him to do more would be selfish of me.

How do you handle?

*~*~*~*

I think I'd like to start a new tradition of "Friday Funnies." It's the end of the week, most of us are pooped if not downright exhausted, and letting off a little steam with some laughs on Friday is a good thing!! Share something funny with the group - joke, story, picture, whatever gives you a chuckle today.

So, here's mine:

So I'm taking the DF and our enormous Great Dane/Boxer puppy to a friend's dog's "biggest loser" celebration. Sounds weird, I know, but my friend got a puggle named Bob from the local shelter who was downright OBESE - looked like a watermelon walking around on four little twigs - and he's finally to his goal weight, so she's having a doggie party for him to celebrate?!?! I guess it's as good an excuse to party as any... and I'm going to ask my friend if she'll help ME get to goal weight, too! (Though I refuse to eat what Bob ate!)

*~*~*~*

And awaaaaay we go! Have an AWESOME day, everyone!!

W - 60 oz.

E - I have bellydance tonight - THANK GOODNESS. Two hours of getting my keester kicked.

E - Tummy's feeling a little off today - taking it easy. Had jasmine tea with mint this morning, got a banana sitting here on my desk that I don't want to eat. Hoping the cafeteria downstairs will have some good soup options. Feels like a soup day.

D - Get a DECENT bedtime tonight so I can wake up and do a workout in the morning before going to Bob's bash!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #9  
mtiger

I am doing Medical Weight Loss..it very much like Atkins I think. I've never done Atkins but it is very low car and the only dairy is 8 oz. of skim milk a day. I basically have meat, salad and veggie every night. COrn flakes and an egg for breakfast. 3 fruits a day, 4 veggies. It is about 1200 calories I figure. I am ready for an epic cheat about now.

My hubbie and I are both doing it and we need to weigh in tomorrow...3 times a week. Think I will go for a walk tonight, I haven't got that in yet for the day. I try to walk, or walk/jog everyday.

Emily- She is so sweet. I remember those days. Bet you could snuggle with her all day long. Enjoy this time to the fullest.

Jeni- All I can say is OMG!!! Don't know how you do it.

Rowdy- I have always built exercise into my day just like I do going to work.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #10  

OK, had another surgery Wednesday, biopsies and crap such as that. One more test next week and we should know exactly what we are dealing with. So far, most is looking ok so cross your fingers for me and we'll see. Stress and bloat not helping my choices at all!! Gonna get back on the wagon.

W 100 this I can control
E Today I weeded for an hour and later I am going to walk. Putting the pedometer back on for 10k, unfortunately, most of what I like to do is out for the next 3 weeks.
E Lite & fit with fresh berries and coffee w skinny creamer so far.
D Dear Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. (Facebook!)
Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #11  
mtiger

Not much going on weight wise the past few days. It is my mid-cycle gain time where I can gain 4 pounds or more. Haven't done that so that is good. Did a little work today and spent some time in the pool with my son, his GF and my wonderful hubbie. That was nice!!!!

MM- Hope all goes well for you. In my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #12  

Thanks Mindy. Glad you are back and happy!!!!

Jeni, Thinking you have now started nights? Hope all is well....I know you will make it work!

Emi, hope all is well settling in with Darcy!

RB, puppy sounds cute. Belly dancing is one I'd like to get into someday...

W 100
E 10k steps
E POP, need to pack my bag
D Stress is eating me up, need to defuse
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #13  
Hard Working Chick

W(ater)- 64 oz
E(xercise)- 30- 60 mins
E(ats)- watch portion sizes
D(aily Goal)- meet my WEED goals.

I'm not a newbie, but I've been MIA for awhile. I did one of these challenges before but it was awhile back. I'm trying to get my motivation back and stay on track.

Last edited by Timoba; 07-11-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Wow. I haven't been on all weekend?

I start nights tonight, unfortunately I couldnt sleep past six this morning and a nap is out of the question because I have to take Mak to swim team at 930, then Tommy has lessons at 11. After that I am driving to pic up my nearly 16 yo sister for the week so she can watch my kiddos. Oh well, luckily for me I work tonight then have tomorrow night off.

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1200 cals,
D Keep up a good attitude.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #15  
mtiger

Well plans for today have changed. Guess I will not be going out for my morning walk/jog in the thunderstorms. It's all good though...we really needed the rain and a bit of a coll off. Hopefully later I can get out there. Mid cycle gain so far..1.2 pounds. We shall see.