Old 07-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #1  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Default 30somethings July chat

Didn't see one, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling... Hope everyone here is enjoying the long weekend.

Double whammy to start me off... I have a throat infection (YUCK!) AND it looks like I'll be dealing with TOM as well!

This is becoming a habit for TOM to hit at the beginning of the month... So I'm moving my weigh-in to the THIRD Saturday of every month to ensure an accurate reading.

Be safe, chickies, and I hope to hear from some of you soon! (By the way... Has anyone seen Mollz lately?)
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #2  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I feel for you with TOM issues. I'm breastfeeding so no TOM for me, it will be interesting to see how much it impacts on my weight reduction when I do get my first period post-partum. Never had that prob first time when losing weight coz I never got TOM due to being on contraceptive that stopped TOM (but didn't stop me getting preggers -LOL-)
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hey there 30 something chickies

I can so relate to TOM too. I have iron def. anemia partially caused by my heavy periods and I may have to get an IUD implanted so my TOM isn't so heavy.

My holiday weekend has been a mixed bag. I really enjoyed going to the pools around me and seeing my friend, sleeping in, getting stuff around home done, playing my guitar, etc. What I didn't enjoy was mildly spraining my left foot on my way to the Y Friday evening and then going to the local ER, shaking and crying from the pain. I have been dealing with a lot of stress and I had some depression and anger last night hit with in argument. I posted about that in the Depression and Weight Forum...

I'm going to get some stuff done around my apt., play my guitar some more, and do some more laundry before night falls, then watch tv- house, firework display or both.

Then back to the stressful part time grind of work

Take care all
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #4  
Mummy-tummy battler

SB I hope your ankle is feeling better. Injury/sickness is so frustrating when you're trying to reduce your weight. I was sick last week, I couldn't face the gym and I really just wanted to eat crap. Too tempting to use being sick as an excuse too!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies!

My life is still the emotional roller coaster, but I am proud of myself for dealing with it so well. I had a very sad morning and wanted to just stay home all afternoon and cry. But, I didn't. I found myself craving that feeling when you really push yourself running or lifting heavy. I went to the park for a "run." For me, this was a bit silly considering I can't run - I am too out of shape. But, I just wanted that release. So, I brought my iPod and cranked one of my favorite running songs and ran to the WHOLE THING! 3 and a half straight minutes! I was definitely sucking wind, but I continued my walk and even ran a few more (much shorter) intervals. I went about 3 miles in total. Then, I was feeling so good that I went home and did some heavy lifting. The endorphins really do come during that type of exercise. I loved it.

And yes, reality sank in a while later and I wanted to cry again, but I called a friend and am doing a bit better. I am down to 190lbs now. I eat very healthfully and intentionally. No junk food item is worth going back. I feel so good now. I honestly don't even crave it.

I went shopping yesterday and bought a pair of shorts and a skirt from Ann Taylor LOFT. WOW!! I've been able to buy tops there (I am a pear) for a while, but bottoms. OMG!

Also, I took a bath today and I don't have the butt dam anymore. That was a cool feeling!

I'm meeting DH for a drink tonight for an hour. It's a start. I will look good in some new clothes and just try to keep the conversation light and happy.

Hello and welcome to the new ladies in our group. I will try not to be a big mope and be positive as much as I can. I am looking forward to getting to know you here.

Misfit - I'm sorry you're sick! Ugh! I think it's funny how TOM moves around. Mine changed from middle of the month to the beginning now that my daughter has TOM. (That makes me feel old! ) I haven't heard from Mollie. I don't have her on FB, so I can just here and hope she's lurking!

SB - I hope your ankle gets better! I've run the gamut on ankle stuff and I know it's no fun!!

Have a great evening ladies,
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

thought i'd join in and say hi im in my 30s and finally getting a handle on this weight loss thing...i'm married with 2 kids, one is 13 and the other is 5...i'm home during the summers with my 5 year old (the 13 year old is on a trip up north) and i also do home childcare in the summers for some of my students...during the winter/school year i manage an after-school childcare program within an elementary school...i'm born and raised in Alaska and still live here, in a beautiful rainforest on the southeast coast of Alaska....
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #7  
Mummy-tummy battler

BeachB got to love that NSV of not longer being a dam in the bath tub! I was so excited when I realised the water could get around me -LOL- Especially as I have two lil kids and have to get in the bath with them so now they have a bit more room as Mum is getting smaller!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #8  
Positive Focus

It was a funny realization, that's for sure. It had been a while since I had taken a bath.

I've been eating well, but I haven't exercised since my last post. It's still hard to do on the days the girls are here. I guess it's okay to hit it hard on the days I am free and then just eat well the others. For now, that's how it's going to be.

I am enjoying my week off from work. It's been good to have lots of time to think and get used to my new routine. I like my apartment more and more. The lawn service came around this morning and it was nice not to have to worry about yardwork myself.

I'm looking forward to going to my friends' house tonight for dinner. The scale briefly flashed 189 before settling back on 190, so I want to enjoy thier company but not overeat. They are really good cooks, so it will be a bit of a challenge. If I stay away from alcohol, I should be fine. But friends, a few drinks and good food are always triggers for me to overeat. I am definitely a happy eater.

Hi alaskanlaughter! It always amazes me to see (hear about) the beautiful places that so many people on this site live. Someday I will live on the coast again, but for now it's boring and plain Ohio.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #9  

I've been trying hard to get over the plateau hump ... hard in Winter for me so I have to try and up the exercise ... But tomorrow is the start of another week
Eruanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

Well my week's vacation in FL visiting my family was great!!! I really needed to get away. It gave me great clarity regarding a lot things in my life right now. For instance, my former manager was right, I've only got about a year or so left before my job goes to another city. So I'm getting my resume together and am going to start looking. Also, it's just a job. I'm not letting it give me an ulser, aggrivate me, stress me out or put me in the hospital. I can only do what I can do. I am only human.

Other things, I've been eating well since vacation, but have had a ton of stuff to catch up on since coming home. But now that it is all done, my eating not such a struggle, I'm adding in some exercise. I walked 5miles today!!!!

I'm taking things one day at time. My beloved dog Louie, 14years old this September is not well, so I'm spending as much time with him as I can, loving him and just enjoying him. I'd like become active again within Meetups.

Anyway...hope everyone is well!!!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:18 AM   #11  
Mummy-tummy battler

Eruanna where are you from?

Well hoping you all had a good weekend - why are the weekends so hard? I was off plan and no exercise but oh well, I'm taking it in my stride and remembering I'm in this for the big picture. I just had a "normal" person weekend - and it wasn't one of my bad weekends where I binged so that is good!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterfish View Post
Eruanna where are you from?

Well hoping you all had a good weekend - why are the weekends so hard? I was off plan and no exercise but oh well, I'm taking it in my stride and remembering I'm in this for the big picture. I just had a "normal" person weekend - and it wasn't one of my bad weekends where I binged so that is good!
I'm in New Zealand so we're smack in the middle of Winter.

I went out for dinner with friends tonight so am going to set the alarm extra early tomorrow to (hopefully!) get out for a walk before work
Eruanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #13  
Positive Focus

Hi ladies!

Jenn - I'm so glad you had a good time on vacation! I don't know what it is for me, but there's something about watching a sunset somewhere else that gives me peace and helps me realize that my life is bigger than this moment and that the things that are overwhelming me right now are really just small in the big scheme of things. Great job on that long walk! I bet it felt good to get out and do that!

jitterfish & eruanna - Winter is so hard to stay on track for me. It's so hot out right now that it's hard to imagine winter right now. It's funny how that happens. Come January, we'll all be jealous of your summer! Mega cheers for getting up to exercise on a winter morning. You are a stronger woman than I!!

I've been doing okay these past few days. They seem to be going by faster which I think means I am doing better. I've decided that I want to take a photography class on my free nights. I think it will give me a creative outlet to explore my feelings and give me a hobby that I can build on. Plus, it gets me out of the apartment and with other people. I've always been interested in it, but never had the time to pursue it.

I think the immediate crisis is fading and I am beginning to do better. I need him less and am okay most days. The roller coaster ride seems to be flattening out. I am still not good, but am proud of myself for handling this with positive vices (exercise, reading, relaxation, friends) rather than eating or starting new bad habits.

I had an NSV yesterday. I went to Victoria's Secret and tried on a sleepwear outfit and I could fit in all of the size larges. I actually chose one based on what I liked, and not what fit. It was a splurge, but I've been trying really hard to pamper myself and feel beautiful. Dealing with this type of rejection is a blow to the self-confidence and I am fighting back - hard. I am by far nowhere near my goal weight, but I can look in the mirror and think I look really attractive. I couldn't say that a while ago. Positive baby steps.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Had a very scary moment yesterday while driving my dog to the vet.....the brakes on my car went out! Thankfully it was early enough that roads we're empty and I rolled to a stop in a nearby firehouse parking lot.

Got good news at the vet though, my dog only needs meds for his heart murmur! So I have a few more years with my furry little friend.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote