Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #1  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Default BFC One-Week Challenge & Beyond

Ok, here it is all you BFC followers. Whether you are a biginner or have been on the plain for a while. This challenge is for you and most of all me.

The challenge will consist of 1 week at a time for 4 weeks Starting July 3rd, with a goal weightloss of 10lbs. by end of July. You will stay within the BFC guidelines for S/C values as closely as possible. Just Commit to 1 week at a time.
Please post your starting weight(sw) Current weight(cw) goal weight(gw) July 3rd. We will post weight every Sunday and total inches lost at the end of the challenge. Feel free to share your tips and ideas as we go.

Remember: "Fell to plan, plan to fell". Nothing will feel as good as getting rid of that belly! So make the commitment to yourself and most of all, Stick With It!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #2  
Chick Losing

Well, it looks as if I am alone on this challenge. I will continue as planned and of course anyone who wants to take the challenge or just want to post your stats and progress is welcome. Hope everyone is having a great 4th!

SW=220 6/3/2011
GW=210 6/31

Feeling great and excited to get back on track!

Last edited by BCL216; 07-04-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi lost chick,
I'm a little late to join, but committed to try this method! Unfortunately I've not yet received my book, but have read enough to at least get started losing by cutting sugars and simple carbs way back starting today (the day after the big 4th picnic HAHA). Hopefully I'll know a little more about the plan in a few days, but would appreciate any tips you can give me to start, for example if I eat a big green salad with vegetables for lunch, what is the best type of dressing to use? Is tuna packed in water a good choice for lunch?

Thanks!

SW=172 7/5/2011
GW=160 7/31/2011
Old 07-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #4  
Chick Losing

Talking

Hi Webwoman and welcome! Great to have you. I thought I was going to have to go it alone. I see you have not read the book yet. Are you familar with the sugar & carb ratio?(S/C)

Ok, now for salad dressing. The book recommends
Newman's Own:
S/C Value

Caesar 2tbsp. 1/0
Cowgirl ranch, Annie's Natural 2tbsp.-2/0
Italian, Bernstein's restaurant recipe-2tbsp.-0/0
oil & vinegar, lightenup 2tbsp.- 2/0
Just about any of Newman"s is a good choice, just besure to read the sugar and carb content and keep it as low as possible.

No More than 15/6 for the whole day. If you are unclear as to how BFC works. Please let me know and I will fill you in. I too started about 4 months ago and stayed on for about 3. I lost 20lbs quick. I am now back on the plan and hope to stay for ever.

Good luck!
lost chick
Old 07-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #5  
Chick Losing

Today has started out with usual challenges. I am slowly but surely getting back on track. I am preparing for the next several days and cooking up some great meals so I won't be so tempted. I did have to face down a chocalate donut at friends house. aahh! Give me strength! I need it! Just know the first couple of weeks on any plan is the hardest and changing old habits takes time. But it will be worth it!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #6  

Hi Chick,
Well, so far I'm down 1.5 lbs, but I'm sure most of that is due to flushing all the salt out of my system from the weekend snacking/eating.

Let me know if I've got this counting thing right: I know we're supposed to limit sugars to 15 g per day, but for the carbs, is 6 the total number of carb servings we're supposed to count? (example: 1 slice of toast is 1 carb serving).

And the idea is to aim for each carb serving to be 20g or less, so no more than 120g of carbs/day right? I think I'm getting it. ;-)

I had bought some individually frozen chicken breast cutlets from Kroger, and sauteed some of them last night with olive oil and herbs. (They're breasts that are cut thinner, so smaller than a whole breast.) I only had one with some veggies, and will have another for lunch. This might be doable. :-)
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #7  
Chick Losing

Thumbs up

Good Morning Webwoman,

1.5 down is great! And you are right with the s/c value. 5 grams of sugar per meal=15g a day and 5 to 20 grams=1 serving, 21 to 40=2 servings,
41 to 60=3 servings. Anything under 5 grams is not counted. Please remember to be exact for best results. We must not only pay attention to S/C value but keep an accurate count. I am so pleased to see you are doing so well. I always start out slowly and with alot of effort and patients I start seeing results and a few weeks. Keep up the great work. Have a wonderful day.

Lost chick
Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL216 View Post
Ok, here it is all you BFC followers. Whether you are a biginner or have been on the plain for a while. This challenge is for you and most of all me.

The challenge will consist of 1 week at a time for 4 weeks Starting July 3rd, with a goal weightloss of 10lbs. by end of July. You will stay within the BFC guidelines for S/C values as closely as possible. Just Commit to 1 week at a time.
Please post your starting weight(sw) Current weight(cw) goal weight(gw) July 3rd. We will post weight every Sunday and total inches lost at the end of the challenge. Feel free to share your tips and ideas as we go.

Remember: "Fell to plan, plan to fell". Nothing will feel as good as getting rid of that belly! So make the commitment to yourself and most of all, Stick With It!
I'm rather new here. What is BFC?

Carol
Old 07-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #9  
Chick Losing

Arrow

Hi Carol,
Welcome! BFC stands for "The Belly Fat Cure". It is about losing belly fat and reducing your wasteline. Belly fat has been linked to all kind of diseases from sleep, cancer, hormonal disturbance, heart disease, type 2 diabeies, higher levels of C-reactive protein which in turn is connected to chronic inflammation. We all know what chronic inflammation does to the human body. BCF based on counting your grams of sugar and carbs. It works with carb exchanges so you can still have normal food and still lose weight and belly fat. Sugar is no more than 15 grams a day and carbs are 6 per day and thats where the S/C Value comes from. (S) being sugar and (C) carbs. It is well worth getting the book and reading it. It is one of the easiest plans I have ever tried. I for the first time unstand how not just being over weight
effects you, but where you store fat. Now more than ever, it is easy to follow guidelines because every package of food gives you the read out of sugar, carbs, fat, saturated fat,etc. Most people who follow the plan can lose between 4 to 9 pounds per week. Here is what is quoted in book.

"Goal Total........................Lose Each Week"
lose 20 to 60lbs.................10 to 13lbs.
lose 10 29lbs.....................4 to 9lbs.
lose 3 to 9lbs.....................1 to 3lbs.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to join in and watch that belly shrink!

Lost Chick

Last edited by BCL216; 07-06-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #10  
Chick Losing

Lightbulb

For Those who are interested in BFC.

BFC guidelines for Sugar/Carb(S/C) values.................
5 grams of sugar per meal=15g a day.....Carbs are 5 to 20 grams=1 serving............. 21 to 40grams=2 servings.......... 41 to 60grams=3 servings.

Anything under 5 grams is not counted.

Just Commit to 1 week at a time......Goal being 10lbs. less by July 31st.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #11  
Chick Losing

Down 1.1lbs this am. Doing Well and still cleaning out cabinets,etc.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL216 View Post
Hi Carol,
Welcome! BFC stands for "The Belly Fat Cure". It is about losing belly fat and reducing your wasteline. Belly fat has been linked to all kind of diseases from sleep, cancer, hormonal disturbance, heart disease, type 2 diabeies, higher levels of C-reactive protein which in turn is connected to chronic inflammation.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to join in and watch that belly shrink!

Lost Chick
Thanks for the reply, Lost Chick,
This is definately for me!!! My main complaint about clothes is that I have to buy pants to fit my waist, and then they are baggy everywhere else. I already have sleep apnea, heart disease and Type 2 DM. I understand the 15 gm of sugar, but is the 6 carbs "6 gm" or "6 servings?" 6gm of carbs would be very hard to do!

I saw the book online and also the combo pack that includes the Sugar and Carb counter. Is it worth the extra money to get the set? I have done low carb in the past and am familiar with what is carb and what is not. I don't know if I really need the extra book.
Carol

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-07-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #13  
Chick Losing

Smile

Goode Morning Ladies,
Feeling pretty good this am. I had a great belly good breakfast with waffles, eggs, bacon and Coffee. My S/C was 2/2! Wow! This is really do-able.

Carol if you look at my post above down 1.1lbs post from yesterday, it tells you the break down on figuring your carbs(6 servinngs a day) & sugar. ( Don't forget to drink 8 glasses of water and add some fiber, it helps flushout fat.)
The book really explains how sugar effects your body and it includes 3 weeks of easy to follow menus and a list of carb exchanges with values in back. You can find the book online by Jorge Cruise, Walmart, amazon,etc.
I have read so many books and tried so many diet plans. This one really works for me. But, most of all I finally get it! If I can lose the 10lbs by 7/31,
I will feel so great! Realisticly I should lose even more if I stay focused and don't cheat. I dream of being under 200lbs...I can't wait! I am planning on starting my exercise next week.

Have a great BFC day!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #14  

Welcome Carol!

The 6 carbs refers to 6 servings of carbs per day, and each serving can be up to 20carbs each, preferably complex carbs like whole grains or low sugar vegetables.

Believe it or not, I just started the BFC plan this week and have lost 3.5 pounds so far, but I know that rate won't continue. I think a big part of that is I switched from Splenda to Stevia in my coffee (I drink a lot of coffee) and am weaning myself from foods with sugar. I'm now able to resist the desire to overeat junk in the evening, which is always when I blow my diets.

I ordered the book online, and when I received it yesterday realized that it was the carb counter, not the main book. I think I might exchange it for the main book and download the carb counter as an ebook to my Galaxy so I don't have to carry it around.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #15  
Chick Losing

webwoman down 3.3lbs. .....waawhoo
Closed Thread