Old 07-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Default *~*\ Weekly Chat - week of july 4th to july 9th /*~*

Hey guys, how was your weekend? I’m sure all you American girls partied a lot and are still on holidays… lucky you'se… it’s unfortunately already Monday here for me, so new thread!

well, this weekend was really boring for me, and I didn’t do much, though for the most part I was happy to stay hidden in my air-conditioned apartment. on Sunday morning the scale FINALLY dropped, and I was so happy, even though it was just one pound, and then I wake up this morning, and what does my scale say to me?? same thing it did last Monday. so bye bye that 1 pound, I didn’t really lose you. it’s a good thing I didn’t update my ticker, but seriously, I am so depressed about it. it’s like, I am trying so hard, I should get results, right? and it’s way too early in my diet for me to be hitting a plateau, so it just sucks. meh.

hope you guys are doing better. I don’t like Mondays.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii I know it's hard, but hang in there. I know how you feel completely. I've been stuck for so many months, but I also know it's my fault. Eep.

~Well Monday was up and down. I was pretty tired all morning, found it hard to be my usual chirpy self at work. The weekend was weird. Friday night started out really good and I guess overall it was an ok night...but I had a moment there I wish didn't happen. Went to say goodnight to my friend, who is a guy, who I've known for about a year and a half...he's a dj and was djing at a bar I hang out at sometimes...and I went to give him a peck on the cheek but he kind of turned it into a kiss -_- I felt terrible. We'd just been talking about the fact I have a boyfriend and that he didn't know about that because I hang out alone or at least with other girls and not my boyfriend...and then that. He did apologise, but I just feel kind of gross about having had my lips on another guys - now he's not gross, but it's just the whole principle of the thing you know... I'm not the cheating type and it made me feel kind of bad. I guess I can be a bit flirtatious sometimes, but I really feel like losing weight and gaining confidence has left me a bit unsure of how to react around guys - like before I would just kind of avoid them, and now, even if I want to just be friends, I feel like I act the wrong way at times. Anyone else have that problem?

Anyway...I'm trying to leave the weekend behind me. I told my boyfriend about it and he was understanding and not angry, so it's ok...but I still feel kind of bad. Need to get over it though.

This week is looking challenging already as we're meant to go out for dinner tomorrow night - but it's Japanese, so I'm sure I can find something healthy...
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Happy 4th of July for all our American girls (and boys).

Monday is here Friday was Canada day so a three day weekend was nice! except for the fact I haven't worked out since Thursday...whoops. The scale is still at 158 I guess this is going to be my stay at place until I can figure out how to make it go down again.

Kawaii - I know how you feel I'm sort of mad I allowed myself to gain this little bit of weight back and it seems impossible to lose it now. Epic fail. but hang in there eventually a whoosh will come, maybe switch something up in your diet?

Rainbow - Ah boys! I wish boys would kiss me lol than again I'm single so it's all good but even the drama of another man kissing me when I have a man. *day dreams* haha sorry rainbow I'm sure your frusterated with it but at least your boyfriend was understanding!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #4  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

@rainbowstripe You've got a good one there, sister. Some boyfriends will be completely unreasonable about a situation like that: one that wasn't your fault in the least. Sometimes it doesn't matter how a girl behaves; a guy is going to come on to her even if he's been given all sorts of negative signs.

@Kawaii Hey, don't worry about it. You'll get it.

@Miztaccen Have you thought about calorie cycling? It's something that I think I'm going to do when I hit my first plateau.

I have a job interview tomorrow! I'm taking a train tonight so I'll be within 40 minutes of the interview, and then I'm riding my scooter the rest of the way there. Hope I'm not too gross and sweaty by the time I arrive. : /

Also REALLY hope that I get this job! I've been out of work since the beginning of June, and it'd be nice to be making some money again. AND to have a reason to be out of the house. The cravings to comfort eat are super high whenever I'm home with nothing to do, worried about my job situation.

Last edited by bopbot; 07-04-2011 at 10:25 AM.
bopbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Bop: Good luck with your interview tomorrow!
MiZ: Hopefully the scale will get to moving for you girl!
Rainbow: I'm a married woman and maybe I shouldn't act like this but sometimes i feel like I dress up to get others attention...I would NEVER cheat on my husband but I find that I like to get attention from guys now! LOL. Instead of avoiding them all around. So I kind of understand where your coming from. And atleast you was honest with your boyfriend about it and didn't keep it a secret!
Kawaii: I'm happy your scale finally budged for u!

I feel like a piece of crap! 4th of July has completely ruint me...not just the 4th of July but summer period. Between smores, bbqin, and icecream...I'm a MESS! This morning my weight was 134.8 the highest I've been since messing up all summer long. I've done good today but still have had a rough time avoiding stuff..and it doesn't help that TOM is here...and I just feel like a big, fat, blob of a mess and want to cry!

Not just THAT..but my back is one bigg nasty peeling mess! I was burnt and now its all peeling so that frustrates me. I'm not giving up..but just a bit irritable and don't get why I keep thinking it's okay to have slip ups! Urrg..Sorry just had to vent. Besides that I've had a great weekend...although they cancelled 4th of July fireworks at our river due to the weather was suppose to be bad and its NOT....which made me have to find some other activity to do w/ my children to keep them preoccupied due to the fact that both of them HATE sitting at home. So we went for a walk at our local mall..and we bought a few fireworks and are going to let them off tonight!

But Ill talk to yall later..**fingers crossed** i finish the night OUT good!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Hey ladies, happy 4th to the Americans and happy belated Canada Day to the hosers! :P

I'm doing OK, managed to navigate 4th of July weekend partying nonstop with friends without really gaining much. That included a Navy base party with horrible American food like chili cheese Frito hot dogs and two nights of heavy drinking. 15 days binge free. Weight is around 130 still, which I'll take. I haven't been running in a long time, maybe a week, and I feel guilty about it. I would go tonight but I'm so tired I might die. Think I'll take a nap and then head out.

The "leaving Japan" part of life is not easy. Got a text from my best Japanese friend here saying she cries every day thinking about me leaving. I spent so much time just hanging out at her restaurant talking about life, going out for coffee and chats and shopping and traveling together. I hate that I'll only be able to see her like once a year now. Add to that a steaming pile of tedious moving/packing/cleaning/cancelling/paperwork crap...I'll be happy when this is all over.

JLNichols WEAR SUNSCREEN woman! BBQ season is brutal on all of us. I hope you're having a great Fourth celebration right now!

bopbot Good luck at the interview! Soon I'll join you on the funemployment train.

MiZTaCCeN Go work out!

rainbowstripe Wow, you're really honest. Things happen and any decent dude would understand an embarrassing misunderstanding like that. Funny enough the kiss you described was how my first date with my boyfriend ended...I went for the cheek, he went for the lips, and wound up on the corner of my mouth. Please don't feel too bad about it!

KawaiiCandie The important thing is that you're eating healthily and not binging! I hear you on the A/C hikikomori thing.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

BLAH! My 134.8 vanished! I was 131.8 this morning thank god! Day 2 of no binging! Feeling pretty good! Got a bit of walking in today and now I'm home relaxing in the air conditoner because its HOTTT outside! I'm so ready to see 129 again..but I got a bit to go obviousally...TOM is still here so maybe just MAYBE when it's over I'll see it.

Besides that I'm completely and 100% shocked that Casey Anthony was found not guilty..and thats all Ill say about that. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #8  
Awesome

Just ate all the sodium in the world for the 3rd or 4th day in a row. I'm not going to register any loss if I keep eating all the salt! Does anyone have any good low-sodium dinner recipes/recommendations?

Something that always makes me feel better when I feel kind of crappy: watching comedy on Netflix. Right now we're watching Don Rickles and cracking up. I'm going to remember this for the next time I'm feeling blue about the journey.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Quiet in here. Everyone must be having fun or in bed early in recovery from the holiday...ha!

Ran 3 miles and ate at maintenance yesterday, ~1800 calories, weighed in this morning at 58.8 kg or 129.6 lbs which is as low as I've been since winter. Hoping this trend continues!

bopbot If you make a meat/protein and veggies from scratch dinner there's no sodium! Last night I cooked a salmon steak in olive oil and had sides of boiled sweet potato, boiled bok choy, boiled broccoli, and mushrooms cooked in oil. It was a lot of food and I felt full afterward and I didn't have that gross thirst that comes after high-sodium food. It is so hard to avoid though - Japanese food is SUPER salty with all that soy sauce etc.

JLNichols Look at you! I'm on Day 16 of no binging and I am down 9 lbs from my last morning-after-binge weigh-in. You've got this. As for Miss Anthony...seems she was unfit to be a mom but that's no way to solve that problem!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #10  

Oh man sorry guys, work .. again. And stuff. Urgh.

MiZ Glad you had a nice 3 day weekend! I'm sure boys will come along when you least expect

bopbot He is a good one, but we do have our problems at times..I guess every couple does though. How did you job interview go?

JL Hope the fireworks were fun, sorry to hear about your sunburn - I get burnt pretty badly if I don't wear sunblock all the time in summer! Glad to hear your indulging for 4th July didn't affect you too badly!

krampus I am honest I guess... I just want that kind of thing to be out in the open. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time thinking about leaving Japan, I am sure I'd be the same - it can't be easy at all. Your talking about the american food just made me hungry haha. Hope the trend continues too!

~So this week has been fairly busy.. we went out for dinner last night as a friend of ours is going to Europe for 3 months. Dinner wasn't til 8, I was starving haha. Got annoyed at them splitting the bill between everyone evenly, as my boyfriend and I didn't have alcohol nor eat any of the seafood dishes, so it wasn't really a fair split at all.

My boyfriend is also having issues with the fact he can't find a job..his current contract ends next Friday, and it's sort of scary. he'll have part time work I'm guessing, maybe at a beer/wine store up the road - but it will only be a few nights a week. He said he found a job he wants to apply for that sounds perfect - except it's in Sydney, Australia. A 3-4 hour, expensive flight away. It's only a 7 month contract, and of course he doesn't even have an interview yet - but the thought of it scares me a lot.

Bleh, I probably shouldn't think about it too much. Today I had a bit of a failure...had a healthy muffin (yes actually healthy haha, banana and wheatgerm), healthy vege beef soup for lunch - but then when I went to do the banking and post, I passed a cafe and spied Pecan Pie in the window (which isn't a normal thing in New Zealand) and I knew I shouldn't buy it but I did, and ate the whole piece. SILLY I AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

rainbow, well if you told your man already and he is not angry, i would try to forget about it. but yeah, that sucks also sucky to hear about your man's job situation. i hope you guys can work that out!!

Miz, i'm pretty sure there is something up in the food combinations or i need to switch something up, but i have no idea WHAT! it's so frustrating. i feel the same as you cuz it was so easy to gain that weight back and now it just wont go away!!!

bopbot, good luck on your interview! i would say get there early and make sure you have time to "freshen up" somewhere else, but i think you've probably had your interview by now so...

JL, oh noes!! well, TOM does suck and you have to give yourself some lee-way (how the **** do you spell that??) for summer celebrations and all that... just give yourself a few hours, or a day, to wallow in grumpyness and then you say "that's enough!" and you can turn the page and move on. good luck! and congrats on the 131!

krampus, hugs! i can't imagine how it must be bittersweet and painful to have to leave after all this time... i understand your friend's feeling!! hopefully, you can just manage to stay healthy and maintain during this time, then when you get settled back home you can work on getting back to more rigorous workouts...

hey guys! sorry i've been awol for a couple of days (even though i started the thread. lol.) i've also been surprisingly busy with work, and i am also very mad at my scale because it is still refusing to move. it has been stuck on 79.4 for 10 days now! what the FFFFF!!! this morning, it hovered at 79.2 for a bit, but now, it stabilized right back to 79.4. why the heck do you like that number so much, eh?! makes me so pissed. urgh. well, like krampus said, at least i am being more healthy than i was, i should take that. i will also try and get back into working out, now that i don't come home from work dead from heat stroke everyday... eh.

in other matters, i am now obsessed with kombu. lol. it's beans that are a little bit sweet, and you can buy a pack of it for about a dollar and it has 163 calories and is super filling. lol. i know it's freakin random, but i had to share
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #12  

Kawaii Beans? They sound bizarre. Sorry about your stuck scale. If it makes you feel any better I have seen 61 and 60kg and nothing below, EVER. I mean I guess I must have been under at some point in my childhood, but I so badly want to see under 60... it would be great.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:53 AM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I don't have time for personal replies, but I've been reading up on everyone and I hope boyfriends feel better, holiday weight gets blown out the window and job interviews are successful!

My parents went away on Saturday and left me in control of the house. Which is fine, but my morning routine consists of feeding chickens, filling up chicken water, letting chickens out, fetching eggs, cleaning eggs, feeding dogs, walking dogs, watering garden, watering greenhouses and then I can get around to feeding and getting ready myself!

My boyfriend is here also, and last night we had a takeaway pizza because we got in late and we were both super super hungry. And it's sorta been a tradition after a long journey to mine to get a pizza >_>. Anyway, I was good in a way because I only ate half of it - I usually cram it all in my mouth!

My foot injury is getting better. So that's good news. If I walk around a lot it still gets a bit sore, but I'm definitely recovering. I also got some lovely new pwopa running shoes! Here they are!

I usually don't go for pink, but any colour next to black makes it awesome. They fit great and I'm wearing them around the house for my foot too.

I also weighed in this morning at a lovely 180 lbs! Even after pizza! Which means I've achieved my second mini goal (a bit late, but better than never eh?) AND I'm 1 lb away from not being obese any more! Huzzah!

Speak soon sexy ladies =D

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-06-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #14  

Riestrella Chickens, dogs wow haha sounds busy! Don't beat yourself up over pizza. Man, I love pizza. Love the new shoes too, but then again I do quite like pink haha! I think I need some new shoes too, for if the weather ever decides to get nice again. Then I can break my silly running hiatus and go out again. My feet shrunk and I've had my shoes for over 2 years (sure, I didn't wear them much until the last year, but still...). Hope your foot feels better soon!

~I'm about to get into bed with a piece of chocolate and the latest episode of Pretty Little Liars. The heater is on and I'm hoping my fingers and feet warm up soon! Hopefully check in after work tomorrow
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #15  
Awesome

Riestrella Your parents' house sounds AWESOME. At mine, I only have to feed their grumpy cat when they're out of town. So glad to hear that your foot is feeling better! Injury is definitely not an excuse for going off-plan: I once broke a bone in my foot while I was trying to lose weight (this was several years ago, in college,) and instead of gaining any, I stayed on track and lost 10lbs!

Rainbowstripe How is that show? I haven't seen it, but I'm almost done with "King of the Hill" and I'm tired of re-watching Doctor Who at the moment. I could use something new.

Kawaii Thanks! As it turned out, the office was so small that everyone would have seen me anyhow before I'd had time to freshen up.

Rainbowstripe My interview went really well, thank you!

I had my interview yesterday and it went SUPER WELL. If I've got the job, I'll hear by the end of the week--if not, it's back to applying everywhere. I actually ended up not being at all hot or sweaty, even after my 40-minute scooter ride; I forget how nice and cool it is to ride through the wind once I get up to speed. I did get a pretty nasty sunburn, though, shaped around the short sleeves of my top and my necklace. I am the queen of weirdo farmer's tans this year.

Last edited by bopbot; 07-06-2011 at 09:39 AM.