Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #1  
Hipster

S/C/G: 172/171

Height: 68

Default The New Sonoma Diet

Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie..
I just purchased The New Sonoma Diet Book and can't understand where the fruits come into play on Wave one. Does anyone out there have any history with this diet plan? It sounds like a good diet.
Thanks and hugz.
Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hi! I don't know about the new diet--I have the old book and on wave 1 you do not eat fruit for 10 days (due to sugar) then in wave 2 you begin to eat fruit.
Good Luck!!
I have just started back up too! I sure feel better when I eat this way
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #3  
Hipster

Thanks Ping for your input. I will start the program next week and will check back and we can compare how we are doing. Stay on the path to success.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/214/150

Height: 5'4"

In the new plan you can have one piece of fruit on wave one.
songbird5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #5  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Hi!

I purchased the new book to satisfy my curiosity although the old book worked for me.

I think the old book is awesome for someone completly new. The first wave is very restrictive but your willpower is really high. the second book is more for beginners that dont care about huge result right away and people like me that just want to loose another 10 pounds.

Anyways, fruits int he second book are only allowed once a day in the first wave and only berries like blueberries or strawberries.ç

The trick with sonoma is to follow the meal plan even if you dont eat it exactly.

For example, the first day she tells you to eat 2 eggs with a slice of toast and 1/2 of blueberries. If you want to subtitute blueberrie for strawberries go for it. if you want half a pita, go for it. Just make sure what you subtitute is the equibalent to what she tells you.

I always found I had more success doing that then just sticking to the plate system

Last edited by Zofia; 02-08-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #6  
Hipster

Hi Ladies,
Well, I wasn't very successful on the first time around but I am going for it again. I think this time I maybe more able to stick to it. Let's Hope for the best. Thanks for all your imput - it is very helpful.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi, I'd sure like to communicate,and follow along with others on the Sonoma plan...but seems to be inactive. Hope that's not the case,and other's jump in.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #8  

Choices, I am a little disappointed also about how inactive this is. I think the diet is great and I was hoping to find support. I am here and I hope you stick around and a few more join in. I am getting the new book tomorrow.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #9  

Choices and Gina, I'm just waiting for the book to arrive so that I can start the diet, so it looks like there are at least three of us who are interested in supporting each other right now - maybe more if some of the earlier posters are still around.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #10  

Default Sonoma & Mediterranean life style

Hi all..good to see there are at least 3 of us communicating. I have the original book,which I am still reading. I don't plan on buying a newer one,so if there are any major differences I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know. I did measure my plates..amazing that those 'little things' will help. I do think portion control is key for me,as I do eat pretty healthy most of the time. I've been on and off south beach for a few yrs. Maybe we can meet up here once a wk.or so to stay connected,and revive any others who were living with this plan, those successful,and maybe even any 'lurkers' out there that might be willing to commit,and join in. Hope to see you again soon. Take care~
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #11  

Choices, I agree - if we can all commit to posting here at least once a week, that would be really encouraging.

I haven't read the old book, but when I was researching what diet would be best for me, I came across some articles comparing the two. From what I gather, the main differences are that you are now allowed one piece of fruit in Wave 1, and beans and citrus fruit have been added to the power foods. It seems there are also a lot of new recipes.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #12  

My book came today. I had an appointment after work, ran some errands, and just got home. I will have to start looking through it tomorrow.

I have ate healthy in the not-so-distant past but my habits have slipped. I need to work on what I eat and portions. I have a lot of work to do!

I am glad you are both here. A small group could be a blessing as long as we are active.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #13  

Good luck, Gina! According to Amazon, I should get my book on Friday. I will have to eat out on Saturday (rehearsing with a new choir) and Sunday (taking my kids to a motor race for the day), so if the book turns up on time I will aim to start Wave 1 on Monday.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #14  

Good to see you received your bk.Gina...looking forward to any changes from the original. I went to the gym today,yea!,and walked the dog..made a fab chicken cachatori(sp) and had some left overs tonight w/salad. I'm def.reading more about foods,and eating even more veggies than before. I'm making every effort to have veggies w/every meal,if not veggies then a fruit for breakfast. Making some subtle changes,being more aware,and excercising. Keep me posted on your changes as well...take care.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #15  

I found this online. It is also in the book.
New research has also upgraded the health-enhancing roles of substances we already knew were beneficial. Three examples are omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin D, probiotics, wine, and dark chocolate. In fact, one of the changes you’ll notice immediately is the addition of two new Sonoma Power Foods — beans and citrus fruit — bringing the total of these anti-inflammatory weight loss heroes to twelve.

By popular request, I’ve put a major emphasis on time-saving and budget-saving strategies too. You’ll find Sonoma Express recipes that offer faster preparation and a new concept, Cook Once/Eat Twice Recipes that will make your life easier.

There’s also added information regarding the glycemic load, an emerging concept for an easy and convenient way to keep your blood sugar levels in check for easier weight loss (especially around the waist) and better health.

All these additions complement the basic concepts of The Sonoma Diet that made it such an easy plan to follow. Calorie and portion control are still built-in with the New Sonoma Smart Plate concept, so you can eat instead of count. The meal plans, food lists, and online tools are still the same, guiding you toward weight loss and improved health without burdening you with complicated instructions. And the emphasis is still on enjoying delicious, satisfying meals every day.