View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #105

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Obnoxious tourists! In my defense I am a tour guide at a museum in a seriously tourist infested part of the city, and sometimes I just want to scream and rip my hair out because of them. Maybe the questions are nonsensical, or they act bored throughout the entire tour, or they seem to be working very hard to make me look stupid, whatever it is there are days when I hate everything and everyone! I know, dramatic.

People who are rude to waiters etc: Nothing mortifies me more than rudeness at restaurants. Especially when it comes time to tipping. I tip 20% always, I don't care what anyone says. I find it both uncomfortable and inappropriate when people you are dining with quibble about money/service/tips at the end of a meal. This usually ends with either me secretly leaving a greater tip, or just giving up an paying for the entire meal. I will say, though, that this has resulted in me being well-beloved at most restaurants I frequent.

The "I know everything about being healthy" mentality: As someone who has read countless books on weight loss/fitness nothing irks me more than the oh-so-helpful skinning friend piping in their advice. I am by know means omnipotent on the subject, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that they aren't either!

Rude Children: Look, I'm 20 but my Mama made sure I say please and thank you. When parents allow their children to run around acting like wild animals, I cringe. Whenever I babysit (which is quite often), I'm sure to be something of a disciplinarian. I once actually had a mother admonish me for making her son say please! And another time a different one asked why I didn't let her child watch some television show, and when I replied and told her it was because her daughter was being rude and sassy, the woman was flabbergasted.

HOMONYMS: When people write 'of coarse' I think my eyes actually bleed.

These are just the few at the top of my list, I am quite easily annoyed....

Last edited by effie12; 07-02-2011 at 02:10 AM.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote