Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 06:31 AM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #344

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-04-2003, 06:34 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks,

I can't stay long, it's already 6:30 and I have to get the kids up and ready for school, they go until June 16th here.

I did manage to get the new thread started after about 5 trys at getting it right. The blonde you know.

I think I have found my way back to the wagon, I managed to stay on Plan all day yesterday, and am meeting today with new found attitude again. Fingers are crossed!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day.....Where is everyone anyway?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:23 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all have a good day
Old 06-04-2003, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. I went to see my nephew yesterday. I guess he is doing as well as can be expected. It doesn't even look like him because he is so bloated from all the drugs being pumped into him. I think my sister-in-law is holding up extremely well considering. I don't think I would fare as well if it were my child. It was so hard to see him like that and it is going to be even harder when they have to tell him about his injury. I am at a loss of what to tell my son. He knows that Travis is in the hospital, but he doesn't know about his arm. I don't know if he'll be able to understand. I know I need to talk to him about it because I don't want him to make an insensitive remark( not that he would purposely be insensitive. He is only 5) down the road when Travis eventually comes home. Anyone have any suggestions? I am not really saying anything right now since I know Travis will be in the hospital for a while. I'd appreciate any words of advice. Thanks.
Steph
Old 06-04-2003, 12:54 PM   #5  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I'm back (sort of)

Hello Ladies,

I have missed you all so much. I don't have any clue as to what has been really going on in this thread for a long time, but I am going to try and read some of the old threads.

I am still alive, just still going crazy at home and work. I am still attending Weight Watchers but haven't done much of anything for several months.

I just started to get back into exercising everyday again, where as for a long time, I have only been doing it 3 times a week, which honestly isn't enough to burn off the 7 days of overeating. So I have done low impact Richard Simmons tapes for the last two nights, followed by 15 to 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I am feeling pretty good about myself at least in the exercise respect. Hopefully I won't go off the wagon again.

My husband and I are going to try to get pregnant with baby #2 in the late fall or early winter. I am excited but scared. My ob/gyn pissed me off, by telling me she wanted me to lose 30 pounds before than. I told her that I thought we agreed on 20, and she said that she really wanted me to lose 60 pounds before than. Well, let's just say that the pig out began that day. I understand her reasons, but I weighed 320+ pounds with my Son and had a wonderful pregnancy. Absolutely no problems! I am going to try to lose 30 pounds, but I am not going to put my life on hold because of this weight.

Work is still crazy. Looks like there won't be too many layoffs. And my husband and I probably won't have to worry at all about our jobs. But if the economy doesn't turn around soon, who knows what will happen?

Well, my break from training class is just about over, so I have to go. Have a great day to all.

Hope to hear/read about all you soon.

susie

highest weight: 347
current weight: 267
80 pounds lost in total
Old 06-04-2003, 01:39 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals - I hope everyone is having a great day. I am at work, but can't seem to focus and am spending most of my time surfing the web - bad me. Today is our 9th Wedding Anniversary! I am going to leave early and stop by the store and get stuff to cook us a nice dinner. Then I think we might go to a movie. I know, not overly romantic, but I think it will be nice. I figure I have a better shot of eating healthy if I cook the meal and we haven't been to a movie in so long.

Steph - I am glad to hear that you were able to see your nephew and that his family is holding up. I don't have children, so I might not be the best one to give advice, but I think the best think to do with your son is to be honest and tell him what happened. He probably won't fully understand and will most likely ask a lot of questions, but kids are amazing and he'll probably handle it well.

Susie - Hi! Nice to meet you! Congrats on the 80 pound loss! I can't wait to be able to say that about myself!!! Hubby and I are trying to conceive #1! Who knows, maybe you and I will be able to go through it together. We haven't had much luck so far and we are not to the point of stressing, but DH has to be tested. Sorry --- I just met you and I am probably sharing too much info. Anyway, nice to meet you and welcome back.

Where is everyone else?

Sara - are you still lurking around? How are those eyes of yours doing? Seeing perfectly I hope!

Sandy - GOOD JOB staying OP yesterday!!!

It's raining here - AGAIN --- I forget what the sun looks like! I hope some of you are having nice sunny weather!

Gotta run for now!
Barb
Old 06-04-2003, 02:02 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

MORE RAIN! I can't take it anymore!!!!

The good news is...I lost 5 lbs! The bad news is...I've already lost that 5 several times over...but, hey! I'll take it! I put jeans on yesterday for the first time in ages...REAL jeans, with a button and a zipper! And I was comfortable!

Steph, just be honest with your son. And if he asks your nephew questions, so be it. Kids are so much more resilient than we give them credit for, half the time.

Happy Anniversary, Barb!

I can't stay...need to get son out of school early for dentist appt. I'd much rather be sleeping! It's a great day for it.

See you later!
Old 06-04-2003, 03:27 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Default Just had to share!

Hi Gals -
I just have to share what my sweetheart of a husband just did...
he sent me a dozen roses with 9 balloons - the card said "a balloon for each year" (along with some other mushy stuff ). I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed carrying such a huge bundle of flowers/balloons back to my desk - I have to pass about 100 people to get to my area. He is such a sweetie - I guess I'll keep him!

Well, I am leaving to go get our makings for a nice dinner! Talk to ya later!

Barb
Old 06-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hmmmm...I posted another reply and it disappeared....it said....

Kat - Congratulations on the 5 pound loss!!!!!!!!

I know you'll keep it off this time and tackle the next 5! Way to go girl!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #10  

Kat: Congrats on the 5 lbs . You can do it. Congrats on the jeans too.

Steph: I agree with Kat, just tell your son what happend and let him ask any questions he might have.

Barb: Happy Anniversary......and wow, what a nice, loving thing for your hubby to do.....I'm jealous.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:32 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default Me again...

What's new? Where IS everybody? I miss all of you MIAs!

Dinner is almost ready, I'm just waiting for hubby to get home. Baked Salmon, cheesy cauliflower, and a beautiful, colorful salad. The salmon couldn't be easier...wait a minute, yes it could. I have it all ready to pop into the oven for 15 minutes...but my daughter couldn't wait for him, she had rehearsal, so I nuked hers for 3 minutes...it came out perfectly. The only thing I put on the fish was a little smear of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce...mmm

I am really loving this low carb stuff. At first I thought, "NO WAY can I give up bread, flour, pasta, cookies, ice cream..." BUT the trade off is that i can have cheese, butter, nuts...things that I would never have before...and somehow it's working. Believe me...I don't go crazy with the high fat stuff either...old habits die hard, but it's nice to make a cheese sauce once in a while or saute in butter... I think I may have mentioned this before, but it's scary to see how long things last in the pantry lately, without me nibbling all the time! Even the milk is lasting forever...I guess I don't need it to wash all the cookies down anymore!

Hey! Any suggestions for Father's Day gifts? I want to surprise him with something good...something that he'll really love. The only thing I've come up with so far is a gift certificate for a day of golf. But if it never stops raining, that won't work. I just had a crazy thought...I think I will make it a FAMILY golf day! My daughter won't think too much of that...tough...that's the least we could all do to show him how much we love him!

Speak of the devil, he just pulled up...see you later
Old 06-05-2003, 01:44 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

I am posting this just for you Kat.
I am in a weird place and just can't force myself to post.
I did cyber talk with Thinthinker and she is busy with her election.
The big vote is Tuesday I think... so we probably won't be seeing much of her until after the election.

Susie... good to see you again. Long time no see.
You are still an idol for me. I am sooo proud of you.

I care about each and every one of you in here... but I just need to get out of this funk.... plus I really have been busy.... VERY BUSY.
Have a great day !!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM   #13  

I just want to tell you all that it sucks to be me right now. My hubby is out of work and may be permanently. He has a herniated disc in his back and that is just the tip of the ice berg for him. He has always had back problems so this is just another notch. So in turn I am going to have to quit WW for now, but I am going to try to do it on my own, I am so weak though that I know I am going to have a hard time at it. Plus I am sooo stressed over the bills right now, I know it is just a matter of time before they start to catch up with us. I just don't know what to do. Lots of prayers. Anyway, i will probably be in here a little more now because I need all the support I can get.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:19 AM   #14  

A quick post before I head for home.

SusieH - glad to meet you, and what a great weight loss

Kat - you lost 5 lbs - that's great!!!

Deon - don't waste your time and energy worrying about things you can't do anything about.

Barb - hope u had a wonderful anniversary!!

Sandy - it was great chatting with u!

Good night/morning ladies.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:27 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, the thread was very quiet today. I'm not here for long. I just had to pipe in about a few things.

Steph-I agree with everyone else on this topic. Tell your son the truth. We are adults and we see a much bigger picture than kids do so we are more stressed out about something like this. The best thing is just to tell the truth, answer his questions, and try not to let him see how distressed you are about how your nephew is going to lead his life.

Susie-Hello nice to meet you. Good luck on your next child. I was about the weight you are now when I had my daughter, and I had a miserable pregnancy, but we are all individuals and I don't think there is any way we can judge ourselves against another in an area with such vastly different experiences as child birth.

Barb- Happy Anniversary. You have a sweet and wonderful hubby. You are lucky. He is definately a keeper.

Sandy-Hi I'm sorry I missed chat but I enjoyed talking with you in the morn.

2Cute-Glad to see you. Drag your butt in here more often, would you? Even if it is just brief.

Deon-Oh my gosh you can't even imagine how much I relate. My hubby and I have been struggling to make it ever since 9/11. The only thing that has gotten us by has been help. I am very thankful to find that now my hubby is working and his business is going well. The best advice I can give is think outside the box and pray- a lot. The Lord will not test us with something that we don't have the ability to deal with, but we always need His help. Truly, if you want someone to chat with who has been there and is slowly digging out just email me. I know how frustrated and stressed out you are right now. My email is [email protected] anyone else is welcome to email me if they wish as well.

That is all for me tonight. I hope everyone who hasn't posted is doing well and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Closed Thread