Old 06-01-2003, 09:42 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of June 1st**

Good Morning All!! Happy June!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:44 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all...Well I go tomorrow for Kaylee's physical with the Pedi and her surgery is for 7am on Tues..I am nervous but have no choice.She gets soo irritable quick when those ears are bothering her..I took her and SD#2 to Bear in the Big Blue House yesterday..They both enjoyed it but Kaylee slept the second half..Glad she gets in free!!!!

Lauren--I went to a resale store and got some bargains..It was all U could stuff in a bag for $5....I got Kaylee 21 outfits that are hardly worn...I got the 6-9 months and then some Gap 12 month ones, but we are not quite there yet..What size does Petey wear??I could get him some items for the next few months for $5???????I didnt know where he was at yet and if money is tight, that is a cheap way to outfit him!!!! LEt me know!!!
Vicki
Old 06-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #3  

Good Morning, Ladies, and happy june to you all! RR, I LOVE the used baby store! Ours never has a sale like that but I can surely get some good bargains. I also buy various lots of clothes on eBay - also a great, cheap way to outfit your kids.

I have to tell you all about the enormous accomplishment of my daughter. Yesterday... she went poo-poo in the POTTY! She's only 19 months old and NOONE has pushed her at all to use a potty. She's been ASKING for the "potty!" I think she's picking up a lot from daycare and that's what has prompted her intense interest in it. But to ask for it AND use it at 19 months? That is totally amazing!!! yee haw! It's probably a fluke, but still...

RR, hope Kaylee's surgery goes off without a hitch! She'll feel so much better.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #4  
LBH

Hey Vick, that would be great! He's in 6-9 month now, and for the summer probably. Gap and Old Navy seem to run a little on the small side. He could use some lightweight outfits. Do you ever see onesies in good condition? If they have Large, or 6-9 mo. size onesies that don't have any stains on them, that would be great! Wow, I really need to start looking for a good resale shop around here. My cousin got him a cute outfit at a thrift shop near her, which couldn't be more than 20 min. or so from me, I should ask her where it is.

We're having a rough couple days, and a horrible night last night. He was up at 12, 3:30-4:30, 6-7, and since 7:45! He has been nursing around the clock, during the day every 2 hrs., at night, every 3, for a couple days! Not that I'm not thrilled he's nursing, but I'm concerned something's up. He's not happy on the floor by himself unless it's Sesame Street time. Needs to be constantly entertained. He's temporarily happy in his exersaucer right now.

His teeth are growing in nicely, he doesn't have a fever, and no sore throat. Hasn't been messing with his ears, so i don't think it's that. He seems to stretch a lot...like almost constantly, don't know if that has anything to do with anything or not. Growth spurt maybe? He also smooshes his face into my shoulder, chest, whatever everytime i pick him up, and rubs his eyes/nose a lot. Allergies/sinus' maybe?? I guess if he's not acting better/different by tomorrow, I'll call the ped. I've been giving him a couple spoons of cereal, but I don't think it's that, the clingyness has been for almost a week now.

I'll be sure to keep Kaylee in my prayers tomorrow AM!

Karen, how ya' hangin' in?

Adrienne, how're things by you?
Old 06-02-2003, 09:04 AM   #5  
LBH

Adrienne, WOW!! That is a great accomplishment!! I remember when my niece was potty training, it took forever to go poopy on the potty!!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:28 AM   #6  

I have a BUNCH of onesies I could send you. I've been cleaning out drawers. If you want to pm me your address, I'll see what I can't scrape together that might be in his size-range. Jammies, too. I think I've got a bunch. I hate paying for pajamas, but you always need them! Almost all of them have "feet" in them because we have a/c and even in the summer, it's cool in our house. If you want them, let me know.

I've also got some girl onesies, I think, and jammies, too. I'll have to check (I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay so I can't remember what I have.) I'll look tonight.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:54 AM   #7  
LBH

Adrienne, that would be great! I'll PM you.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:24 PM   #8  

Lauren--That is what Kaylee does when her fluid is in those ears..Constantly rub her eyes and her head back and forth on me. SHe also nurses for a few minutes constantly to "pop" her ears open....I dont know what we are gonna do with nothing after midnight!! I am up for a long, long, night!!

.She is soo funny..Learned to spit and do rasberries...Loves to blow spit on your shoulder..She just laughs at the bubbles..She weighs 14lbs 3oz and is 25 1/4 in long today...I will go to the store and stuff the bag tight and full!!!!Also my friend with the triplets, I will get her to save the boy stuff and mail u!!!!!

Adriene--I would be soo proud of my daughter!!! That is sooo great!!!!I have started selling and buying on EBAY also..Got some great deals on my Mary Kay makeup!!!!

Karen--How are things????

Gotta run!!!
RR
Old 06-03-2003, 05:21 AM   #9  

Mad hungry baby!!!! 7am, get here quick!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:33 AM   #10  
LBH

RR- Hope you all are hanging in there, I've said some prayers for you all this AM...will pray more later! Peter's cough is more "cold-like" today, so I'm gonna call the Dr. Poor little guy. Peter's been blowing bubbles the past few days, it's like his new favorite thing to do!
Old 06-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #11  

Everything went great!!! They took her from me at 6:55 and the MD was talking to us at 7:05...The ears were full of pus and fluid..He couldnt believe they were still infected after a week of antibiotics...The nastiest stuff is comming out of the left ear but that was the worse one..She was irritable, but after nursing was happy!!!I have seen nothing but a happy girl since being home...I am sooooo glad they finally let me get these tubes!!!

Lauren--I dropped Kaylees prescription and ran into the resale store...They have way cuter things for girls...I was even able to sneak Kaylee 5 more things in the bag!!!
I got the following:1 pair of jeans,8 pairs of overalls,4 all in one thingees, swimsuit, short set, onsey, 3 pairs of shorts, shirt, dressy outfit with pants and shirt, pants, dressy outfit with overalls-shirt-hat to match and of course Kaylees outfits!!!
I will send them UPS!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Vicki
Old 06-03-2003, 04:44 PM   #12  
LBH

Wow, thanks Vick!! Can't wait to see it all, he looks soo cute in overalls!!!

We went to the Drs. this AM and Peter has a bit of a chest cold. He's sleeping now. She said I can't give him anything because he's too little. Hmm, the other Dr. said Diamatapp...whatever. Said just to elevate his head, which we've done to the crib since we put it up.

Dropped him off at Papa's and went to return the Shark vacuum DH got me for Mother's Day to Sear's. Half the parts were missing. Now he knows why I always open the box and check it all out first! So I got a refund and went next door to WalMart, got a Dirt Devil vacuum (like a super dust buster thing) for $10 less and got a couple tshirts/shorts for me, some socks and bibs for Peter, plus some milk and eggs.

Picked him up, found out he cried for 40 minutes at Papa's. My poor baby. Didn't want his bottle. So now it's 4:40 and he hasn't eaten since about 11:45! He's gonna wake up one hungry baby!

Glad all went well with the surgery!! Wow, that's really fast! I'm sure she'll be a totally different baby now!

It's starting to rain here...had one good day...oh well.
Old 06-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys.

Things are slightly h*ellish around here right now. Alex has a little stuffy nose and has been SO clingy. I haven't been able to put him down very often. Even at night he wants to nurse (really he just holds my nip in his mouth. If he really nursed I wouldn't mind) constantly. Everytime I would take him off and lay him on my chest or even beside me he would scream. He's finally laying down in his car seat swaddled so tight *I* can't breath for him. I hate putting the saline drops in his nose. When I use the tissue to wipe off the excess he gets such a terrified look on his face.

We are getting ready for my parents visit. They will be here Thur thru Mon. My house was such a wreck that it has been a lot of work getting it all back together. Especially with Mr. Cling. I have been able to put him in the sling a few times and get some stuff done. Sometimes he just hates it in there and sometimes he likes it enough to sleep.

RR: I'm so glad the surgery went well. I hope she feels much better now. How do you go about finding a thrift store for babies? I haven't seen any around here but that doesn't mean there isn't one. I just don't know where to look. Sounds like you found some great deals.

Lauren: I'm sorry Petey isn't feeling well. How is the job hunt going? Hope you find something soon.

OK, Mr. Cling is stirring so I gotta go now. Have a great evening.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #14  

Karen and Lauren-sorry the boys are sick...Karen--when Alexis is bigger, I will find some sales for him!!!!Kaylee holds the nip when she is sick which has been all her life I think.. The ENT told us he put tubes in a 3week old.. He felt that Kaylee was probably born with fluid which made her fail the hearing test the first time....

Lauren--Pediacare was the only thing Kaylee could use after 4 months..Now, they have her on Pediatex....still not able to use Motrin yet..
Will mail the box tomorrow!!!!!
RR
Old 06-05-2003, 07:10 PM   #15  
LBH

Karen, I can sooo relate to clingy! Peter has been soo miserable. His cough is horrible, and you can tell his throat must hurt, but it doesn't look red at all. He isn't sleeping good during the day because he keeps waking himself up coughing. At night he's better, but still waking up at least once, usually twice.
Hope Alex is feeling better soon. Have a good visit with your parents!

RR, I'm thisclose to getting some cough medicine for him...it's killing me that he can't sleep good, and sounds soo horrible. Thank God for the Sesame Street DVDs we bought, they're keeping him happy most of the day. Right now he's rubbing his eyes, he's soo tired, and kind of whiney, but won't fall asleep. I'm hoping he will while he's in his bouncy seat.
Closed Thread