Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #343

300+ and Ready to Try Again #343

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-02-2003, 05:20 PM   #2  

Default Woohoo! Started a new thread!

Anyone catch Dr. Phil today?

He had a great show about being overweight. Some of the highlights include:

If you're overweight, its because you want to be. There is something you get out of it.

Look for what the reward is and replace the food with something else.

Set a goal; formulate a plan; break it down into activities to be accomplished , and set your priorities.

So often, we look for quick fixes instead of figuring out the why's and how to change the behaviors.

All very thoughtful stuff. This goes along with the message yesterday at church. The visiting pastor talked about having a plan for your life. The message was taken from Nehemiah. How Nehemiah agonized about what he was to do; opened his mind until he saw the vision of what he was to accomplish and forumlated a plan. DH and I talked afterwards about what plan do we really have for our lives besides getting through each day and through each month's bills. We had gotten so busy with the day-to-day stuff that it had been a long time since we had discussed what we want our life plan to be.

If you haven't thought about your life plan recently, you may want to take time to think about what you want. Ultimately, what you want your life to be. Then think about the strategy and plan on how to get there. Then what steps are necessary.

I made myself do 28 sweaty minutes on the spinner while watching Dr. Phil. Somehow, I just couldn't wuss out while watching him!

Have a great evening!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

OK - You've done it!
I am going to get on the treadmill - RIGHT NOW! I am just having a rocky evening. My day was great until about 2:00. Then I got so hungry I just wanted to eat anything I could. I already had my dinner planned out and I sort of stuck to it - but found myself doing a lot of picking at other stuff. The last think I want to do is go exercise. I am dressed and ready to go --- then I decided to stop here first and I am glad I did. Kat and Terri - your posts did it for me. I am going to get my walk in NOW!

Be back later.
Unmotivated --- trying to turn it around!
Barb
Old 06-02-2003, 08:37 PM   #4  

Just popped over to read, no time to post right now. Want you all to know I'm climbing back up in my seat on the wagon, so make room please.

Hugs,
Old 06-02-2003, 08:40 PM   #5  

Hey ya'll - taking a break from work.

I enjoyed all of the pics of your furry friends. I'm unable to post a pic of my pet who is a black and white cat named Tom (very original huh?). He is 10 years old and I've had him since he was a kitten. I call him a "rescue cat" because when he was a kitten, he ran across a busy highway in front of my car, so I pulled off the highway, crossed the road, and caught him. He's been with me ever since. He is one very spoiled cat!

Terri - I did see Dr. Phil today and he really got me to thinking about why I let myself get to 300+ lbs and why I seem to want to stay this way.

Hope you all had a great weekend. I did pretty good with the food, tho I did indulge yesterday with a strawberry sundae. Since I hadn't had supper, I decided to let that be it.

My blood sugars have been normal so far. I'm now trying to work on the fats in my diet (my bad cholesterol was a little up this last visit).

I hope to have some time Wed pm to join you in chat.

Well back to work. Hope for a good evening to all.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here just very tired
Old 06-02-2003, 09:48 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hey! This will be a quickie since I have not yet exercised for the day...Food has been great. Well, that's easy to do when you're asleep for 5 hours! The good thing was that I did NOT eat like a pig before I went to sleep. (I work 11pm-7am...I know you "oldies" know that, but I didn't want the newbies to think I was a big slug that sleeps all day!) ANYWAY... I came in from work and had 1/4 cup of peanuts mixed with 1/8 cup of raisins...went to sleep around 11, woke @ 4 and had to get dinner ready early because my son's Spring concert was tonight. I made tacos, using ground turkey, passed on the tortillas and had myself a great big taco salad, (lettuce, tomato, onion, shredded cheddar and taco meat, using the taco sauce as salad dressing...) I've had almost all of my water, will have the rest after my walk. It has been a good day!

So I just put a star on the calendar. I earned it!

Barb, I'm glad I could be of assistance!

Terri...your talk about "life plans" turned a little light bulb on in my head...you're right...life sure does seem to be getting through each day and getting the bills paid! Although I wouldn't trade this time for anything...in 10 short years, my son will be graduating college...what the heck are dh and I going to do then?? Time for a discussion!

Oops, gotta run, it's getting late, I WILL get that walk in!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:50 AM   #8  

I know I haven't been in here for a few days, I have just been busy with yard work and spending time with the family and so on. I must admit that I haven't done so good on my eating, well since Thurs. I have just had that need to eat again. I do believe it is my TOM so I hope it passes soon. Anyway, I just wanted to let ya'all know that I am still here and still plugging along. Just busy. I will try to get in here more often.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:52 AM   #9  

Default working night shift

Kat - I'm a night worker too (6:00PM-2:30AM); I have worked nights for the past 5 years and have had a difficult time getting adjusted to a night schedule, mostly because my hours have shifted around so much I couldn't really get in a steady routine. I have been working this 6-2:30 schedule for about one year. I know where you're coming from about sleep.

Time to go home, I'm outta here.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:08 AM   #10  

Just popping in on the new thread to say hello. Things have been going well. Except for food that is. I think I just need to get up off my butt and get busy. Ah well, I'm not in much of a mood to post right now, see you tomorrow.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning -
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day thus far! I know some of you are just ending your day and others are just starting. I am on the just starting end of it --- I work a traditional schedule and am sitting here in my pjs. I need to get a shower, but thought I'd stop here first. I wasn't having such a good night when I stopped in yesterday. But....that is all better now. After I posted my whiny message I went and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I felt much, much better after that. I didn't let myself touch another morsel of food - instead I spent a few minutes pampering myself - lit some candles, did a good facial, used some nice lotion, etc. Then I watched some tv and had a good night sleep. I am feeling much more in control today!

Finding this site has been great for me. I know that in my past if I was struggling with exercise I would have just given up for the day, but not here --- I came to get a little inspiration, found it and climbed right back on the horse, so to speak!

Sandy - There is plenty of room up here -- climb on and enjoy the ride! You CAN do it!

To those of you staying OP and doing well --- here's a big pat on the back!! Way to go. To those of you struggling right now --- come on back here and let's support each other!

Let's not forget our challenges we have each set forth. I did poorly on the food part yesterday, but made it through the rest.

Talk to you later!
Barb
Old 06-03-2003, 07:56 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all I really need your support food is terrible.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:19 AM   #13  

Hate when I don't get e-mail messages telling me there are things to read here!!!!

Anyway, I'm with you girls, I'm on the wagon!!! I will not fall off!!! Okay, that was harsh, I will try not to fall off, if I say I will not that only seems to be setting myself up for failure and I don't need that!!!

Hope everyone is having a good morning so far. Good Morning to all those who are just waking up and checking in. Good Night to all those who worked the night shift last night while the rest of us were snoozing away.

Talk to you girls later
Old 06-03-2003, 09:17 AM   #14  

Good morning!

What a yucky day outside. Looks like I'm going to have yucky weather for my vacation. Sun better shine soon! I truly get depressed and blah when its cloudy outside and its supposed to be that way all day. So that's my challenge for the day. To be productive and to not feel depressed and blah. I can control how I feel but cannot control the weather. Why should the weather control me? Good question.

I am going to pick two things on my list and do them this morning. No whining allowed!

Food was good yesterday. DH is still with me so far. He did WI on Sunday morning and was suprised to see that's he's up six pounds since he wanted to diet on 1/1. He's having that shock of what are real portion sizes. I just hope he doesn't quit.

Glad to see that my Dr. Phil post helped inspire at least one. That's what we need periodically. Something to inspire thought and action. Too bad he can't drop by once in a while and get tough with me!

I'm off to accomplish something. Have a great OP day!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:02 AM   #15  
Beauty is within...

Hi all

It's amazing how, once you become active, how much more active you become. Does that make sense? You become energised, motivated. I'm finding I'm doing so much more actively than I did before. For example, I cleaned my dad's car today, in record time, as well as jogging up and down the road to get stuff from my parents house. On top of that I went for a 30 minute walk and did my stretches! Before getting into this, just cleaning the car would've buggered me!

Food was ok, but Marc made my favourite Banana cake - had 2 pieces with a mug of light hot chocolate, while watching CSI. Love that program!

Hope you're all having a good week.

chow!
Closed Thread