Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #8

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 66 lbs./29%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

Last edited by JayTee; 07-02-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #2  
SARGE

FOCUS TROOPS!!!! We are 37 members strong and have pledged to lose a whopping 73.2 LBS.!!! NOW THAT'S A LOT OF BUTT-er!!!!

Pledges Week 6/26-7/2

Sarge = .5
Jeanettey = 3
K3 = 1
Tubak = 1.5
Me1st = 1 & QUIT SMOKING!
Reso = 2
Envelope = 1
Rmc = 2
Courtney = 2
Kendra = 1
Nurse Ratchet Gooey = 1.6
Chesh = 2
Chick = 1.5
Josey = 2
celrae = 1
Bnh = 2
Rated = 1.6
Dreamer = 2
Fillup = 3
Sarati = 1
Peanutt = 1.5
Diyana = 2
Kris = 2
Dcap = 2
Dumplin = 2
Shellfish = 3
Pokey = 4

Newbies
Kuri = 2
Anon= 3
Serina = 2
Munchey = 2
Megan = 2
jdub = 8
AwaitingChange = 2
BudgetBaby = 3

Maintainers:
Yoyo = Trek on!
Rainbow

Total platoon goal = 73.2

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes (including push-ups & burpees): Pokey (560), Courtney (260 min.), Celrae (554 min)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated vs. Rmc vs. Sarati:

100 lb. goal buddies: Courtney (.6), Jeanettey (-3), Me1st (-2), Diyana (-3)

Kris (No) vs. Rated (yes) in smack down stay on track week by week. Must register a loss each week!

Sarge (150's) vs. MadamB (140's) in race to new decade. A DRAW!!! BOTH HIT THEIR MARK WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER!

Pokey vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (12) vs. Bnh (12) vs. Chesh (9) vs. Peanutt (11): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope vs. Josey: Total # weeks made pledge

COMPLETED (2280.29) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

Sarge (47.28 /288.13), X
Pokey (33 /165.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (22.47 / 115.09),
K3 (8 / 67.5),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (68.4 /437.3), X
Cheshire (35 / 142),
MadamB (38.4 /323.4),
Yoyo (25/ 117),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (11.8/66.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 83),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (23.5 / 79.75) X
Courtney (11.55 / 20) X
Sarati (25.68 / 43.24)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey (-- / 6 )
Rmc = (46 / 68)
Me1st = (3 / 3)
Rated = (6.7 / 6.7)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla,

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope--5K (7/2), 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

Last edited by JayTee; 07-02-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #3  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

!!! I'm going to have to check back more often. These threads move FAST!
Here I am though!
Did a TON of extra biking at the park yesterday, and did my exercise. I'll be 125lbs in NO time.

Sarge! You're 4lbs away from goal!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #4  
SARGE

Yup Kuri, but I gotta get to 159.9 as quickly as possible just to beat down MadamB and comments about Sarge needing a walker! Keep up that attitude and you WILL be at your goal ASAP too!

Sarge 3x on the machines today... 11.01 miles / 1171 cals burned. Take that Gooey!

Last edited by JayTee; 06-28-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #5  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Just in from work, awful hot here today, 30c might be cooler for some of you but thats pretty hot here.

Going to hit the road for my walk, just downing a bunch of liquids and having a 800 cal snack.... LOL, just voraciously hungry today, i'm already at around 1600 cals, yeah so food front is not going the greatest, oh well have to listen to my body sometimes, it definetly wants more fuel today.

Check back in later with my daily mileage, keep it going everyone.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #6  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

When it rains, it pours. After a couple ER visits on Sunday due to severe abdominal pain, I was at the hospital Sunday through Monday night. After going through testing and ultrasounds and CT scans for several possible causes (kidney stone, appendicitis, etc.), they decided that the cause was rupture of a complex (rather than simple/functional) ovarian cyst, but the pain I was experiencing seemed in excess of that. My OB/GYN called this evening and said the pathology report from the D&C came back and they didn't find any pregnancy tissue in what they removed from my uterus, and so the site of implantation may have been elsewhere. I have to go in tomorrow for more bloodwork and scans, and possible treatment with methotrexate to attack the pregnancy tissue wherever it is. The OB/GYN basically said that it's difficult to determine what's going on because I have so many things going on - persistent bleeding and pain from the D&C, an ovarian cyst that has ruptured sometime since the D&C, blood and fluid in my abdominal cavity of unknown source, and an ectopic or interstitial pregnancy that can't be seen on a sonogram or CT scan due to its small size. Whatever is going on, he said we're going to get it taken care of this week. He is a saint, I swear. I am really, really ready for all these problems to be over. I just want to feel normal again, be able to exercise again, lose weight again, focus on something, anything, that I can control. The scale is up about 10 lbs from all the IV fluids they pumped into me in the hospital and I feel incredibly bloated, but at least the pain meds are controlling the pain and I have had zero appetite since Sunday, lol. Will do my best to be back here and get the scale on track before weigh-in on Sunday, but no guarantees.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #7  
Living the Life

Evenin' platoon!

I had a great 7 mile walk this afternoon. Got farther than I thought I would. Picked up two caches on the way too. A cyclist was going by right as I popped out of the wooded area. It's amusing to see there quizzical faces.

That last thread did go by quickly! All the chatter and challenges and new members we have! Sarge will have them all losing butt-er! All of them! MuWAHAHA.

Kuri-Love the attitude! Keep putting in those extra miles and you will definitely get there!

Chickadee-I'm so sorry to hear about your continued doctor visits! I'm glad you have a doctor you believe in and I hope it get's all figured out.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 06-28-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #8  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hmm....perhaps we're so chatty because we're burning 102 calories for every hour of typing? Although with further investigation, it seems that um...bunny hopping with um...vigorous effort also burns 102 calories per hour.

DH and I have plans to bike to the grocery store this evening to pick up a few things. Perhaps we'll stop for a quickie along the way. A geocache, that is (Madam, get yer mind out of that gutter!). We're also cachers and it's so easy to fit in a quickie thanks to the Geocaching iPhone app.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #9  
At it again

You've been in my thoughts, Chickadee. Take care of yourself!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Hey Everyone,
Hope you're all having most marvelous evenings to conclude fantastic days!

Chickadee -- I'm new here, but I really hope everything gets better fast! I'm sending good thoughts your way, hun!

Josey -- Congrats on w6d2!! That's great! I will give it my best tomorrow, and I believe I will complete it! Then weight lifting, yay!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #11  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

EVENING EVERYONE;

OMG, THREAD #8 . . .

AwaitingChange: Um gardens are a bit of inspiration for X-rate fodder here I think it all started when I announce I was getting a plot at the local hospitals NEW community garden and I had extra space. I asked everyone here what I should plant . . . and well ZUCCHINI and all it's sexual inuendos was chosen. I also have pumpkin in my garden and while learning about growing/producing pumpkins I came across this website about HAND POLLINATING http://www.pumpkinnook.com/howto/pollen.htm So needless to say, our minds went RIGHT TO THE GUTTER . . . um OK, mostly mine LOLOLOLOLOL Click on the link if you need a laugh . . . needless to say I was a little worried that the thread was going to get shut down for being X-rated . . . Ooooooooops

Oh by the way, I have 2 zuccini growing, (must have been that hand pollinating I did )

Pokey, Pokey, Pokey . . . what am I going to do with you . . . it's one thing to fall in the pool, pantsless . . . but to run into a parked car

Chickadee: Our thought are with you

Peanut: Meeeeeeeeeeeee, mind in the gutter . . . NEVER . . . LOLOLOL Oh but I DO LOVE THE QUICKIE GEOCACHES BEHING THE CONVIENCE STORE

OK, who's trying to quit smoking, having TOM and trying to lose weight . . . the solution is: ONE GIANT ZUCCHINI sorry I couldn't resist

Kendrab: Take it easy, back take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to heal . . . if all you can do is walk, then walk . . . GOOD LUCK WITH THOSE FRENCH FRIES TONIGHT . . .

SARGE: You'd better get that walker oiled up and lubed down. 30 DS done at 5:15 AM, work and just finished 18 miles on the bike . . . Yoga to come, but my tummy NEEDS FOOD . . .

Reso: Sounds like you had a GOOD DAY, weather here is picture perfect . . . enjoy things while you can!!!

Sorry, we are 37 strong and I don't think I can post personals for everyone!!!

TOMORROW IS HUMP DAY, SO BUST YOUR BUTT-ER!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

Spent my day alternating between sleeping, eating (within allotted calories, might I add ), and working out. Played tennis by myself against the concrete wall at the courts down the street from my house...darn, that is SO much harder than it looks. Did that for about 20 minutes, 10 of which I spent chasing after my only tennis ball. Got home and took the dog for a walk instead. Tennis is too much too soon...need to get new tubes for my bike.

Oh, I just remembered that I want to record the number of miles I walk/jog for each month. My goal through the end of July is 50. Today I did the first of those.

Hope you feel better soon, Chickadee (((((hugs)))))

Last edited by McMurphy; 06-28-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

chickadee32- Thanks for the update. I was thinking of you. Take Care!

Last edited by celrae; 06-28-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #14  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

MadamB : LOL, you always make me laugh, especially your walker trash talk up there, talk about poking a hornets nest.

I hear you on this threads recent additions, getting hard to keep track of everyone, i'm sorry if it seems like i only address certain members, it usually takes me some time to get to know people, so many have jumped in only to dissapear nearly as quickly, i don't know why anyone would make the choice to change then two days later throw it all away.

I do however read everyones posts, i know how difficult it is keeping up with everyone, i don't expect anyone to comment on my rather mundane updates, however being a man around here seems to get a little extra attention ( )

Chickadee : Obviously i am a fumble nut when it comes to womanly issues but i do want to see you 100% and back to your usual self ( you know i care ) i'm just a dummy about such things.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 8"

Chickadee-

My legs are so sore from my jog this am. I went a new route and there is an extra hill that is pretty tough. My speed is increasing, if only slightly. I managed to finish 4 miles jogging in 1hr 5m 22s.

This evening my neighbor stopped by with a 2 HUGE slices of bday cake, because she knew it was from my husband’s favorite bakery. Then my mom's boyfriend stops over with a giant cupcake cake, it was a trial run for the birthday cakes he is making for my daughters in July. I can not believe in one evening 2 different cakes showed up at my house...even more unbelievable is that I did not even try either of them!!! I am not even seriously tempted.

Last edited by envelope; 06-28-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread