View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #98
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

People who choose to assume that others' imperfections and struggles are the result of a lack of moral fiber and/or selfishness, and who respond by being outright abusive, passive-aggressive, or deceitful because they do not know how or cannot find it in themselves to be non-judgemental, compassionate, patient, and appropriately communicative annoy me. I should probably have more compassion and be less judgemental.

ETA: I suppose it might also be easier to make such strong negative judgements about the motives and abilities of others because doing so essentially absolves the person doing the judging from a)doing anything about the problem (if there is one) and b)taking responsibility for his/her own thoughts and feelings. It's the difference between saying "I love you, and I feel extremely concerned about your health when I notice how much weight you've gained. Are you concerned about your health or your weight?...What can I do to help you?...I know it might be hard work for you to get where you want to be, but I know you can do it and I'll be here for you." and "You're lazy and selfish! If you cared about yourself or me, you'd get off your fat *** and drop the weight like those [highly supervised] people on TV do! How can you expect me to care about you when you obviously don't care about me?!"

1 banana/5 lbs. lost:

Last edited by theox; 06-28-2011 at 06:33 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote