Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #1  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default Yummy Snacks!

I have been eating this sometimes lately and it's really good it might seem dumb to most but I never thought of it before so thought I'd just mention it lol.

I microwave a beef hot dog and then just put sweet pickle relish on it and yellow mustard I eat it as a snack but it keeps me full for hours so it's more like a meal I think it is really good.

Also sometimes I will eat a string cheese dipped in this chilli pepper sauce from trader joes http://tjsdeliveryservice.com/images/thumbs/0000062.jpg it's a very fast easy snack. I love that sauce by the way it's so good on a lot of things.

Please share your ideas for good easy snacks also.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Greek Yogurt Non-Fat/0% (I like Fage brand, or Chobani if I can't get Fage). I really like the Mango Guanabana flavor Fage makes. If I eat it plain, there are so many different ways you can enjoy it... Dip cucumbers in it. Mix in granola & a little honey. Mix in half a handful of nuts (I prefer almonds and walnuts). Mix in any kind of fruit. It's so good.

Tuna is a good snack too if you like it. I don't put mayo in mine. I just sprinkle it with Old Bay seasoning.

Celery with NATURAL peanut butter. My brand of choice is The Bees Knees and you can find it at Wal Mart.

Chick peas sprinkled with a little adobo & hot sauce.

It's all about your taste buds but these are some things I enjoy.
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #3  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

Height: 5'6"

Bowl of Puffed Wheat cereal. It's 50 calories a cup so a great snack as a finger food. I sometimes eat a two-cup bowl while watching a movie.
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

My 3 year old and I love baby carrots and lite ranch dip... if she can dip it, she wants to eat it, so it works for us.

Whole wheat tortilla with an ounce or so of 2% cheese, nuke it for 25 seconds and roll it up, dip it in ranch or salsa.

Popcorn dipped in ranch... kinda defeats the purpose, but it's great with lowfat/ or FF ranch or any other lowfat dip.

For sweet, I usually go for FF pudding cups, a lite/ lowfat yogurt or a PB&J with a glass of skim milk. Sometimes PB & Banana is really excellent too and makes the milk wash down easily.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/187/139

Height: 5ft 9

I love Fage 2%(130 cals). I eat it plain usually, if it's a snack.
If I eat it for breakfast, I'll add wheat germ, berries, figs, or a tbsp of jam or honey. The calories are fine for a larger sized snack, though. Usually ends up around 250. I tend to eat smaller meals throughout the day.

Also good for snacks are Wasabi Peas. I love these things.
A cup of frozen pudding(individual sized serving) is great - 120 cals or less
I have an air popper, so air popped corn spritzed with a bit of olive oil, and some salt is a stand-by for me.

Fruit, obviously, is a big one for me. I adore figs, berries, cherries, and honeycrisp apples.

I make a dip from Fage 2%, dill, garlic(or onion powder), sea salt, and lemon juice. It's fantastic for dipping cucumber spears or snap peas.

Fage 2% is actually my big standby. I can make anything out of the stuff, I swear.

Quick and easy smoothies with just frozen fruit and filtered water are a low calorie standby for me. Keep in mind that I don't like things to taste overly sweet most of the time, though. Plain water and fruit smoothies might take getting used to. Coconut milk and fruit is another favourite.

Chia pudding is great(coconut milk, chia seeds, and a 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder - stir well and chill for an hour). You might need a bit of splenda if you're used to sweeter stuff.
For a banana version, mash or puree some banana instead of the cocoa powder, then stir in some wheat germ - tastes like banana pudding!

Last edited by RawrDinosaur; 07-08-2011 at 08:28 AM.
RawrDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote