General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Default Things that Annoy you

What are somethings that annoy you?

I will start:

DETOURS!!! AHHHHHH

And the fact that I have to buy TWO packages of hotdog buns since they only come in packs of 8 and the packs come in 10's! AHHHHH
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

LOL, I am the first responder but I am already laughing at what all the responses can be.

OK, this is what annoys me. I get annoyed when I have been standing in a check out line for a while and then when the register next to mine opens the person behind me high tails it over there.

Detours annoy me too. Especially when the city or county decides to do work in that particular area at the BUSIEST time of the day!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yep, I agree with you both! I have tons of things that annoy me:

when people put perfume on in an airplane

potholes

eating very little and not losing any weight for a loooon time

when my neighbors have loud parties and my kids can't sleep due to the noise

people who drive slow in the fast lane

when people are very late for no reason

I could go on and on, but I don't wanna annoy anyone! Hahahaha!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

People smacking food, or gum. Especially in a long line. Nothing worse than hearing someone Else's saliva roll around in their mouth .... ugh...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #5  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

luckymomma I hate perfume sometimes too. REALLY thick perfume gives me headaches. I hate when women try to cover cigs with perfume. Or when men soak themselves in cologne...
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

People that are on their cell phones and drive like crap. It seems like almost every day I get cut off, see someone swerving, etc, and notice they are holding a cell phone chatting away. My philosophy is if it's obvious you are on the phone by your driving, it's time to HANG UP.

This also seems to apply to grocery stores. I almost got hit by a shopping cart yesterday by some guy who was holding a cell and engrossed in his call, couldn't push his cart in a straight line then lost control of it. And when people do stop to just talk, they seem to block shelves and pay no mind to anyone trying to get at those shelves.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

People who make gum noises.

People who switch lanes (in crowded traffic) without turn signals.

People who don't merge considerately, but instead ride their lane until it ends completely unaware while others are forced to move out of their way to let them in.

Smokers...especially when they toss their cigarette butts onto the ground. It's absolutely disgusting and I hate seeing their butts litter the world.

I'm sorry, I'm very easily annoyed.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 06-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

People who use flawed logic to justify their actions.

Easy example being court shows: "She didn't say it was a 'loan', even though she said I'd have to pay her back. Guess that means it wasn't legally a loan, so I don't have to pay her back!"
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #9  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

That the 24 hour fitness IS NOT 24 hours in my town... & closes the same time I get off work 3 out of 7 days a week.......it should be called 12 hour fitness =[

mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Another complaint about shopping carts. For me it is when I try to step to the credit card scanner and the guy behind me pushes his cart up my heels.
Just happened...AGAIN.
And right now I am terribly annoyed that the squirrels keep getting into my bird feeders and the birds are left with no food. I already have to take the feeders down at night so the raccoons won't get in them. I just hate to quit feeding the birds as we enjoy them so much.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #11  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Annoys me when people
LIE,
Whine,
When you find an answer to someone problem, and they say. No i cant do that..
i could go on and on..
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I hate that about grocery stores too!! Like really, I should be the one that gets to go to the new open lane first, since I was in line before you.

People eating popcorn in movie theaters! Close your mouth already!
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Faulty grammar really annoys me. I am sure that I turn into someone on other people's list of annoyances, because almost without thinking I correct them unless I am really aware of what I am thinking/saying. My personal 'favorites' include people who say "pacific" in place of "specific". Also, full grown adults that say, "Libary" instead of "'Library"! Or conversate instead of converse. I could go on for hours about that. Hours, I tell you. Anyway, I live out in the sticks, so I really try to keep my thoughts to myself as much as possible about the subject.

Also, people that do not take good care of their pets and see them as disposable. Please do not adopt a cat and then dump it or put it in a shelter after a month knowing that you probably couldn't have taken care of it in the first place. Extenuating circumstances happen, but I think we all know those people that adopt a trillion animals only to have to 'get rid of them' when they become inconvenient. Or, thinking it's alright to turn completely domesticated animals outside when you can't take care of them. Seriously, if I hear of another case of 5 ferrets being placed on the side of the road in a carrier with the door open, I might just scream. Pet ownership is serious.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #14  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I hate to see people smoking in a car with young children in the back seat with the windows rolled up (or just slightly cracked). Actually, children of any age. It's child abuse and should be treated as such.

*stepping off my soap box*

People who say "oh I can't run/not eat sugar/lose weight/eat better" when what they really mean is "I don't want to".

Commercials that make all men look totally stupid and helpless and all women look like disgusting pigs who have every "female" problem known to man.

Done. (For now). LOL
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
Faulty grammar really annoys me. I am sure that I turn into someone on other people's list of annoyances, because almost without thinking I correct them unless I am really aware of what I am thinking/saying. My personal 'favorites' include people who say "pacific" in place of "specific". Also, full grown adults that say, "Libary" instead of "'Library"! Or conversate instead of converse. I could go on for hours about that. Hours, I tell you. Anyway, I live out in the sticks, so I really try to keep my thoughts to myself as much as possible about the subject.
You just made me twitch and cringe.

To the side of that. People probably should avoid using words they don't fully understand in conversations. If a person isn't sure of a word, dictionaries can be handy. Using a word that "sounds similar" does not actually mean it is the same word, and can change the entire meaning of the sentence.

Or just make the person look stupid. That's usually what happens.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote