Old 05-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Age 50+ Counters #4

Welcome to the Age 50+ Counters Club!

Many of us here are counting something in an effort to lose weight and regain health, rather it's calories, carbohydrates, Weight Watcher Points, fat grams, exchanges, or something else. It really doesn't matter what plan you are following, or what age you are, if you feel comfortable with this group, please join us here for support, accountability, and friendship on your journey to better health
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mary - a big Whoo Hoo for your success last night! You are on a roll!

Chicpanda - how cool to be able to view the manuscripts of your author! Yep, journaling is very important, imo. It's even more successful when it's done ahead of time. Something about having the plan on paper is almost like a promise to yourself.

Trish - have fun on vacation! You will be missed here.

Hello to all others.

After a weekend of being out of town, and too much to eat, I'm back OP, and feeling good. I've begun cleaning the carpets, although I wanted to wait for the rainy season to be over. Seems like it's never going to stop, though.

Have a good day!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

We just heard from the mortgage lender. We have been turned down for the first program (pass the muffins.. er no hold that thought). We may be accepted for the next program. They wanted us to re submit all the documentation yet again. . So please keep the prayers and support flowing. My DD and I need it.

Official weigh in day and I have a conundrum. Which scales should I use? I guess I will choose the scales in public at my grocery story. It is tempting to use the ones at the other house, because I stand there skyclad and weigh ever so much less. <wink>

Tomorrow I will be fogging my house. sigh Living in FL is wonderful, but 6 legged critters so love it here as well. I expect to burn a few calories capturing the cats and eliminating the vermin.

Hope all is well with you folks
Coralee
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Well, don't celebrate yet..LOL...as I did go over on the calories today! Was so mad at myself! What happened is that I received the chocolate diet drink I like so much today and I just had to have some....and I ended up drinking two glasses!! I felt SO full, don't know why I did it but I did. I waited for dinner until dh was finally hungry because I was so full. I had a healthy dinner....3 oz grilled tilapia, grilled asparagus, red peppers and a tiny bit of leftover potatoes which I added to the grill. I had 1 t. olive oil and a bit of oregano, salt and pepper on it. I fixed instant brown rice cooked in chicken broth for dh, but I didn't eat that. Ordinarily this would have been a great dinner but because of my afternoon snacking it made me go over. But I promise I'm back on track tomorrow as I cannot bear to gain weight again!! I'll try not to eat tonight much because I notice even when I overeat if I do it early in the evening it is doesn't affect my morning weight so much but even so I expect a slight gain. If I get too hungry tonight I will just eat a few fresh blueberries. Sure wish I'd gone to the gym today then these extra calories would be no problem. We have only been going Mon, Wed & Fri.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Gearing up for the 3 day holiday. then going on my first long vacation with my DP.. will drive down to Key West. I will be away from the computer, and from scales for 2 weeks. I plan to do a lot of swimming, so lets hope the jelly fish and sharks aren't hungry.
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #6  

Have a good time, Coralee! I haven't been doing so well with my diet recently. Strange thing is even though I've been going over on calories and gaining, my bs has been better than ever! It always is when I drink my chocolate/vanilla milk mix as I don't eat as many other snacks that are higher carb, BUT it is kinda high in calories with the NF milk. Seems like I just can't get both right..calories and carbs. I always thought calories follow the carbs but that is not necessarily so...depends on what you eat/drink.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Hello

Hello 50+, I will be 60 in August. My name is Sue and I will be counting carbs and proteins so just looking for some support and friendship along the way. I have a lot to lose and have a goal to make a certain pants size by vacation in September. There are 13 weeks until my birthday so about 16 weeks until vacation. Going to Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone and of course, some small side trips. So looking forward to the trip and would like to wear some of the clothes I already have. Would also like to be more fit for some of the hiking.

Look forward to getting to know you all.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #8  

Welcome Sue! I count carbs and calories as I am a diabetic and trying to lose weight too. I'm also from the NW too (WA)! There are some great ladies here and hopefully we can be a support to you.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Yes, I've been MIA and my scale shows it. Last week I researched the HCG diet and I planned to do it, then read the full literature. The diet has documentation to it but for success it requires at lest 2.5 months of total dedication. In the 2.5 months, I have a trip to SF planned with my daughter, her b-day in July (5 day 4th of July celebration) and my 50th b-day in August (celebrating in SF at 6 Flags). So dedication to very stringent eating? Nope, can't do it. So I'm sending the kit back when it arrives today. Back to just counting calories. Yesterday was a good day. 1368 cals and that was good. Even with company. Now the harder day - day 2 of being on plan.

Hi Sue, I'm from Oregon as well and it sounds like you have some great active vacations planned. I like that you have a pants size you want to reach. Congrats on the 21 pounds you've already lost!

Mary, what is the chocolate/vanilla mix you like? I'm not much of a meat eater and am allergic to soy and peanuts. Hence my protein intake is usually pretty low. I'm always on the lookout for a protein source that doesn't taste like vitamins or dusty.

Coralee, I am jealous. Very jealous. I love the FL keys. Have a great time! And what is your chocolate diet drink?

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #10  

Marie it is called the Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet. It is very filling and very tasty if you like sweet creamy things. My biggest concern is over drinking it since it tastes so good but so far I haven't. It fills me up so I don't want so much other stuff but it does have quite a lot of calories (180 with skim milk), so I find I have to be careful. It has a lot of protein and there are not many carbs in it so I use it to avoid eating so many other carbs. If they are healthy, I still eat some but not as much. I don't have any right now but will probably buy it again. It comes in chocolate and vanilla. There is a banner on this site and that's how I found it. The Ideal Chocolate Milk Diet site gives you ideas on how you can use it. I have a few more bad eating days with our gs here....just not being as careful, but I'm back on track today so far. Even with not being really OP, I have just basically maintained...up a few, down a few, up a few etc.

Last edited by maryea; 05-31-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #11  

I heard about this on the news the other night but just found the link:
http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Great idea!
Old 06-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #12  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - I haven't posted here for awhile but do read all the postings. to the newbies, "atta girls" to those that there are less of : & to those like me that haven't lost or have gained a bit - Back at it, right?! I'm doing WW Points + & have slipped off the wagon. Had company & the points counting just flew out the window. And I find it's really hard to get back on the wagon. So yet again..........I'm back at it today. So glad to have 3FC & all the support, help, etc. TTYL
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #13  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Oh
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #14  

Just a quick message to say I'm still around, but am just busy with grandchildren. Not counting these days just trying to be careful...weight went up but is now dropping again back to where I was. The grandchildren are giving me some exercise too I guess! :-)
Old 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #15  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Not been posting for a while due to poor health issues but pleased to say I have been able to maintain my weight to a degree - just a few pounds up and down. Am still not feeling too well so am not Calorie Counting or anything else for a little while till I feel a bit better.
Have set a target to start again in about 2 months time (beg Sept) and just hope that things will improve a bit by then.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote